Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,877 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Happy Christmas 2018 will be our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Everton are good for a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Happy Xmas lads, let's hope we get a few goals tomorrow for some extra Xmas cheer... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

That old thread closing and new one opening happened faster than us giving up a 2 goal lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No fancy subtitle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That old thread closing and new one opening happened faster than us giving up a 2 goal lead

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_6z6xp6yhl7gg404gkg44gg0w4_640.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Get Virgil in and we’ll win the treble. Simples.

Two Christmas day Gossip & Rumours I read today at work.

German PSG keeper Trapp talking up Liverpool and liking Klopp in France his agent say he wants to play in England.

Keita trying to force a January move.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This thread will be closed by the end of the week if we don't win the next 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Two Christmas day Gossip & Rumours I read today at work.

German PSG keeper Trapp talking up Liverpool and liking Klopp in France his agent say he wants to play in England.

Keita trying to force a January move.

I've seen the Keita unhappy in Germany and wants to join in January story in a couple of places as well. I'm not saying where though. I'm keeping it secret.

• Advertisement

Ppg :) IMO :)

I've seen the Keita unhappy in Germany and wants to join in January story in a couple of places as well. I'm not saying where though. I'm keeping it secret.

Oh he’ll love that, IMO. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

All sorted now once Ricero comes in with an FSG post and Toby says something controversial.

Oh and there should be a late post about supper from Jesus.

Doesn't get more apt than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

9996 posts? really? really? :mad: :pac:

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/945421647313379328
    Telegraph Football

@TeleFootball
    Man City closing in on £60m deal for Virgil van Dijk, reports @TelegraphDucker http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/25/man-city-closing-60m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

So there we are going to City and for 10m less than advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Well at least Ducker is a real journalist so there is defo some truth in it I’d imagine.

£60m for a 3rd choice CB.
    Van Dijk would initially come in as third choice centre half behind Stones and Nicolas Otamendi should City pull off a deal but Guardiola believes he has the quality to become an important long-standing addition as the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Article says Van Dijk would initially arrive as a 3rd choice CB.

I get the feeling he would still choose Liverpool. All depends on whether Southampton will sell to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Trapp is no better than what we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

if VD goes to city, i'll get very feckin frosty. how the **** to do we **** these things up? the club is run by idiots.

• Advertisement

If city are actually in for him I can't see him coming to Anfield. As 3rd choice CB he'd play plenty games.

and he's pretty much guaranteed a medal of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Turkey sandwich time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Turkey sandwich time.

that wont take the pain away.

Indeed
    Turkey sandwich time.

We had the dinner at 7 :eek:
    Still shtuffed

Turkey sandwich time.

If that’s a contract incentive for Van Dijk, it might get the deal over the line. It definitely would do it for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Vertigo Van Goose wants to join Liverpool not City.

In all seriousness when a club like City can fork out £60m for 3rd choice players we are never going to compete with that.

The only other team in the league that can compete with that kind of financial power if utd.

Could say the same if Arsenal were in for him, the Emirates Cup is rich in history and prestige.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness when a club like City can fork out £60m for 3rd choice players we are never going to compete with that.

The only other team in the league that can compete with that kind of financial power if utd.

We can now compete with City United and Real for players. We tried and failed to spend 200m last window.
    Can we convince the players we want to reject those others clubs if they want them too, maybe as we can play them more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We can now compete with City United and Real for players. We tried and failed to spend 200m last window.
    Can we convince the players we want to reject those others clubs if they want them too, maybe as we can play them more
    We did with the Ox chosing us over Chelsea, not exactly a Citeh but they were champions at the time and he came to us for the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I wish people would stop talking about the money we "tried" to spend...especially considering we never put a bid in for VVD or Lemar.

I thought we did try to sign Lemar on last day of window with some crazy high bid.

We did with the Ox chosing us over Chelsea, not exactly a Citeh but they were champions at the time and he came to us for the football.

He couldn't get into the arsenal midfield..... the ox was hardly a huge coup. Chelsea would probably have sent him out on loan to us anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If VVD goes to city this place will break the Internet

• Advertisement

City at 13/8 to land VVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Vicxas wrote: »
    If VVD goes to city this place will break the Internet

To be realistic, it would make as much if not more sense for him to join City over us. True, he'd be a guaranteed starter for LFC, but he'd have a great chance of making City's starting line-up. He'd get as much money, if not more, at City.

But, have people overlooked the fact that if he joins City, he'd be guaranteeing himself a Premiership medal in May? Not to mention a serious tilt at Champions League. Isn't that we criticize top players for quite often... joining clubs for the money and not caring about trophies?

I'd love to see him at LFC, but wouldn't blame him in the slightest if he went to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I thought we did try to sign Lemar on last day of window with some crazy high bid.

Arsenal thread is that a way 👉🖕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Changed my mind after seeing this tweet.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/945429305588203522

If City really want him they will get him I think

No club can compete with City at the moment as a whole package,not even their Manchester rival who are in their shadow.

Best football, best manager and can pay top dollar. No brainer unless you actually have a connection to a particular club, or perhaps the promise of captaincy. Not sure that would even matter.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we get him we get him, if not move on. No point getting annoyed at these things anymore.

On today, I expect multiple changes. Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Matip, Solanke, TAA will all start I reckon. Maybe Karius but if Klopp does what he always does, he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon klopp should go full strength today its 4 days since arsenal game and close to full strength Leicester. Make big changes for the Burnley game which is gonna be a lottery anyway with it being 48 hours after Leicester and then go full strength for the fa cup game. Only complication is salah and mane flying out to those awards the day before the fa cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If City are in for him then we have pretty much no chance. He would be joining the best and richest team, who play an incredible style of football and would win a league title almost immediately. All we can offer that they can't is a guaranteed place in the team as a starter. It again shows up how ridiculous our summer transfer strategy of focusing on just one player was. There's probably 20+ central defenders available for £70m that would improve our defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well van dijk is definitely off as hes not in the saints squad again today. The usual trusted lfc journalists seem to be very quiet on the situation, i dont know if that is a good or bad thing. The club only has themselves to blame for not getting the deal done in the summer. I cant blame any player in the world for choosing city over lfc at this momement.

Hopefully we wont chalk van dijk down as an other high profile player that FSG "nearly signed" and the deal is already done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

If we don't make a bid we certainly won't get him anyway, hopefully we have another couple of options this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

rgace wrote: »
    If we don't make a bid we certainly won't get him anyway, hopefully we have another couple of options this time.

Yes hopefully Klopp has lost the Van Dijk blinkers he seemed to be wearing in the summer, I'm sure there are plenty of players as good as VVD out there and probably cheaper. I don't care how much they cost btw as long as they're a definite upgrade on Lovren and straight in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Maybe I'm being a bit naive but I believe VvD wants Liverpool. He knows the history, he must see the club Klopp is building and wants to be part of it. He would also be a superstar in the making at LFC...

Whereas with City he would start as a squad player and even when he gets in the team he's be way down the pecking order in terms of status.

not yet wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being a bit naive but I believe VvD wants Liverpool. He knows the history, he must see the club Klopp is building and wants to be part of it. He would also be a superstar in the making at LFC...

Whereas with City he would start as a squad player and even when he gets in the team he's be way down the pecking order in terms of status.

A lot of people laughed at the idea of Klopp joining us so you could be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

not yet wrote: »

He left Celtic for Southampton, so doubt the history angle holds much water.

Maybe he sees what Klopp is building but surely then he could see too what Guadiola is building?

The superstar and status points are subjective and probably irrelevant in comparison to money and chances of success. Fist team football and the opportunity to be a pivotal rather than potentially bit part player is the only card Liverpool can play. I'm not optimistic

We shouldn't lose any sleep over it....presumably kloppo & Co have other CBs in mind :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement