Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

stephenl15 wrote: »
    #‎OHMYGOD‬ hahaha
    Lads im only seeing this programme now on Rte2 that every boy racer in the country must feel so ashamed there ruined ���� I'm horrified hahahahahahaha BEJAYSUS LAD ITS A TWINCAM ������������������ wouldn't wanna be insuring any vtec ���� anyhow God help yas ���� ‪#‎iminahape‬ hahaha the (Opra music doe) ��������

Anyone wanna translate?:)

I'll have a crack at it:

"Friends, I'm currently viewing this television broadcast on RTE 2, and it appears that it will anger and offend many working class car enthusiasts nationwide. I'm disgusted and amused. A Twincam of all things. One wouldn't find it easy to have their VTEC insured. May God have mercy on all of you. I'm utterly distressed, yet humoured by the opera music, because someone with grammar and spelling as pathetic as mine wouldn't be into that genre."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

#‎OHMYGOD‬ hahaha
    Lads im only seeing this programme now on Rte2 that every boy racer in the country must feel so ashamed there ruined 💂🏻 I'm horrified hahahahahahaha BEJAYSUS LAD ITS A TWINCAM 🙈😂🙌🏻👏🏻💕🚙🚗 wouldn't wanna be insuring any vtec 😳😐 anyhow God help yas 🤗😱 ‪#‎iminahape‬ hahaha the (Opra music doe) 🖐🏻😂😂

Anyone wanna translate?:)

"Story buds. Didcha c rte2? D'inisurance is whopper. Telpis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

This is on the Cork 96FM FB page. I dare anyone to find another post worse than this. I know she was upset but Jesus Christ like.

"For the girls that go out in town on a Saturday Night�� I just wanna say not long back I got into a taxi after a night out it was about 3:30am on a Saturday Night but as u no its very hard to get a taxi when the club's are over as the are so busy so as I did, I stood by the main road on patrick street having my hand out pulling for a taxi as the drove up the street ,evenutally I got into a taxi and thought Notting of it as he was very friendly well that's what I thought anyway I gave him directions to my house and as he was making conversation he asked me did I smoke I said Yes I do" but I realised he was asking did I smoke weed I said I don't smoke weed or take drugs if that's what your asking me his reply was huh I thought u would ..we could stop somewere for a smoke I laughed because I found it funny that he asked me I replied saying no I don't anyway, and then I realised he starting driving pass my terrace I started to panic and I said u drove past were i live he looked back and kepted driving towards upper glamire he said to me.. we will just park up and do things I won't charge for ur taxi fair ���� at this stage I thought I wasn't going to get home and then he pulled into the side of the road and kept asking me the same things over and over i was nearly crying and at the same time tryed to keep so calm because i honestly didnt no what he would of done so after few minutes of me telling him i dont wanna do anything he evenutally turned around but at the same time kept asking me still i told him stop a bit up from my terrace and i jumped out and literally ran toward my house I was steaming a bit and panican I didn't think to take any of his information but I do no this man and was in his late 30s was Irish so **ladies** I would advice ye not ever get into a taxi by yer self's because u really would no what would happen��"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You do realise you could just close your facebook account instead? The world won't end. I assume you have email?

I like Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

eternal wrote: »
    This is on the Cork 96FM FB page. I dare anyone to find another post worse than this. I know she was upset but Jesus Christ like.

"For the girls that go out in town on a Saturday Night�� I just wanna say not long back I got into a taxi after a night out it was about 3:30am on a Saturday Night but as u no its very hard to get a taxi when the club's are over as the are so busy so as I did, I stood by the main road on patrick street having my hand out pulling for a taxi as the drove up the street ,evenutally I got into a taxi and thought Notting of it as he was very friendly well that's what I thought anyway I gave him directions to my house and as he was making conversation he asked me did I smoke I said Yes I do" but I realised he was asking did I smoke weed I said I don't smoke weed or take drugs if that's what your asking me his reply was huh I thought u would ..we could stop somewere for a smoke I laughed because I found it funny that he asked me I replied saying no I don't anyway, and then I realised he starting driving pass my terrace I started to panic and I said u drove past were i live he looked back and kepted driving towards upper glamire he said to me.. we will just park up and do things I won't charge for ur taxi fair ���� at this stage I thought I wasn't going to get home and then he pulled into the side of the road and kept asking me the same things over and over i was nearly crying and at the same time tryed to keep so calm because i honestly didnt no what he would of done so after few minutes of me telling him i dont wanna do anything he evenutally turned around but at the same time kept asking me still i told him stop a bit up from my terrace and i jumped out and literally ran toward my house I was steaming a bit and panican I didn't think to take any of his information but I do no this man and was in his late 30s was Irish so **ladies** I would advice ye not ever get into a taxi by yer self's because u really would no what would happen��"

Is it wrong that I found myself rooting for the serial killer/psycho cab driver after the first two sentences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The grammar leaves a bit to be desired but the actual context of the post seems fair enough, pretty scary situation to be in really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is it wrong that I found myself rooting for the serial killer/psycho cab driver after the first two sentences?
    Not being smart but I think the whole thing is all one sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

'I'm part of the gang now'
    Attached picture of an adult colouring book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I guess she typed that within 30 seconds of coming home with the adrenaline still flowing.
    I am exhausted reading that.

This is how i imagine this was typed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

coolhull wrote: »
    Girl I : ''I gets me petrel in Tescos, dere de cheipest''

Girl 2 : Yeh dere the chepest cos dey waters i down. yeh wont geh as far on a teners wort as ye wud in a porper garge''

That post reads like the person is from Co. Wexford?

Did I guess right?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That post reads like the person is from Co. Wexford?

Did I guess right?

I don't really know. It was posted on a friend of a friend's page

"Finding the new John Lewis ad unwatchable; I can't bear to think of anyone being on the moon completely alone;"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Finding the new John Lewis ad unwatchable; I can't bear to think of anyone being on the moon completely alone;"

Good to see they understood the message behind the ad… :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

'I'm part of the gang now'
    Attached picture of an adult colouring book.

I use adult colouring books, they're great for anxiety :)

rawn wrote: »
    I use adult colouring books, they're great for anxiety :)

The anxiety caused by wondering if you can stay within the line?

• Advertisement

"Please vote for my cousin *name* shes dressed as vicki pollard, the link is on my page, you need to scroll tru previous comments a few times to find her.... plz plz like her pic. She's so lose to winning smile emoticon smile emoticon"

Ah c'mon, is that all I have to do? Could you not have at least shared it?!

EDIT: I entered the competition myself. I really really hope I win, just to annoy her :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"This should be interesting. Wonder how many people on my list don't even bother with me? I'm running a test to see who reads my posts. I realise that's about 20 of you. If you read this, leave me a one word comment about your day. Only one word please. Then copy and paste this to your wall so I can leave a word for you. Don't just put a word and not copy."

Fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

"This should be interesting. Wonder how many people on my list don't even bother with me? I'm running a test to see who reads my posts. I realise that's about 20 of you. If you read this, leave me a one word comment about your day. Only one word please. Then copy and paste this to your wall so I can leave a word for you. Don't just put a word and not copy."

Fcuk off.

Unfriended :)

(extra points for the passive aggressive smiley)

Fcuk off.

That's 2 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Anyone getting the one about a book exchange in your news feed. You send one book to one child and your child receives 36 books. Can't see how it could go wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Seen this posted by someone,

last night my 12 year old nephew went to see 50 cent and g unit and even after having a vodka bottle thrown at him and his Aunty from some idiot in the crowd he still continued to support you! So Mr Curtis Jackson just to let you know He waited 2 & 1/2 hrs in your hotel lobby for a chance to meet you an have his piece of paper signed!! You didn't even acknowledge him you just sat in your car an looked right through him! You didn't even need to get out you could have made his day by simply giving him a wave or even just a smile of acknowledgment from your comfy/warm car what makes it worst is I believe it's your last European tour so his chances of ever getting his dream are gone! So here's to you Mr Curtis Jackson well done sir you have disappointed a young man who seen you as an inspiration and as sad as it is he still does! ������ please share on to show how much of an arrogant arse he is!!

I replied with "That song's been done already"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

My friend just posted:

"For sale - White Chester drawers".

With a photo of a chest of drawers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Herself showed me a picture one of her friends posted.

It was a professionally taken shot of her breastfeeding her child.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Can't see anything wrong with that ... I mean I don't see the point in posting breastfeeding shots just for the sake of it, but if it's a nice photo, then why not! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't see anything wrong with that ... I mean I don't see the point in posting breastfeeding shots just for the sake of it, but if it's a nice photo, then why not! :)

I don't agree. I think she's milking it a bit, and that sucks, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I very rarely start a conversation if the topic is about someone else.
    So if any one tells you I have said something about you, remember it was them who started the conversation, besides if I've got something to say I'll say it to your face, or I won't say anything at all...
    Just saying xx

followed by the obligatory fishing for the news and are you ok huns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

That's my point. Why just the breastfeeding pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't agree. I think she's milking it a bit, and that sucks, in my opinion.

Heh

Pics or GTFO

• Advertisement

Awesome!
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

Getting excited about breastfeeding pics? Must be looking for something to trade behind the bike shed tomorrow.

bajer101 wrote: »
    Getting excited about breastfeeding pics? Must be looking for something to trade behind the bike shed tomorrow.

I meant awesome as in it's awesome, not in a sexual way :P

I meant awesome as in it's awesome, not in a sexual way :P

Apologies. I totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Can you post up the pic without revealing her identitty?

Can you post up the pic without revealing her identitty?

Why would you want him (and I am sure it is a him), to post a picture of a mother breastfeeding her child? Possible scenarios are:

1: You are pro breast feeding and you want to use the pic to highlight the benefits of breastfeeding.

2: You are a gobshíte who would be sexually aroused by the picture of a mother breastfeeding.

Judging by the fact that you can't even spell "identity", I am going with number 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

I assume that misspelling of "identity" was a deliberate bitty of wordplay. :)

Why would you want him (and I am sure it is a him), to post a picture of a mother breastfeeding her child? Possible scenarios are:

1: You are pro breast feeding and you want to use the pic to highlight the benefits of breastfeeding.

2: You are a gobshíte who would be sexually aroused by the picture of a mother breastfeeding.

Judging by the fact that you can't even spell "identity", I am going with number 2.

I wasn't expecting that response, it was a joke! IdenTITTY, get it? Jeez relax with the character assassinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Azalea wrote: »
    I assume that misspelling of "identity" was a deliberate bitty of wordplay. :)

hur hur hur....bitty

I wasn't expecting that response, it was a joke! IdenTITTY, get it? Jeez relax with the character assassinations.

Oh yeah, I get it now. Titty - Breast Feeding. He he he.

When you are old enough, and if you are lucky enough to have a partner who will breast feed your children, you will realise how juvenile your jokes are.

• Advertisement

When you are old enough, and if you are lucky enough to have a partner who will breast feed your children, you will realise how juvenile your jokes are.

It's time to stop patronising me, you were wrong, you jumped in with both feet, you insulted my intelligence, assumed I was illiterate and/or some weird breast feeding fetishist, now you're making more assumptions about my age, I wonder what your posts would say about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have to say of all threads I follow, this is the one I would have least expected to turn into a breastfeeding debate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Yeah, he really made a tit of himself. Thankfully you were able to nip that in the bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

sullivlo wrote: »
    My friend just posted:

"For sale - White Chester drawers".

With a photo of a chest of drawers.

http://youtu.be/5Ji48tBHYzw

My wife breastfed our two children and I totally support mothers being allowed to breastfeed in public. That said, getting a professional photo of yourself breastfeeding your child and putting it up on facebooks smack of patting yourself on the back and letting everyone know how great you are.

Also, getting high and mighty over a very gentle and minor joke about breastfeeding is being extraordinarily precious and accusing the jokemaker of being a pervert is way out of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

"i wish mcdonalds did home delivery cravings"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm not its biggest fan but Facebook has just thrown up an absolute belter. Has been ongoing for the last 24 hours.
    The lad in question is a friend of my younger brother, nice lad, but a nutter.

He starts off with a post "anyone use Tagged or Kik, someone has taken my facebook photos and set up an account on both pretending to be me, just got a facebook message of some bird saying she was chatting to me on them"

(Tagged and Kik are two dating type apps apparently)

Queue the responses "you sure that wasn't you steamed" etc etc. He does like a bit of a session.

Next comes a screen grab of his conversation with this woman. "You were talking to me last night, told me you love me", "No I wasn't"... she explains, he is confused. They eventually get to the bottom of it.

"The guy pretending to be you sent me a picture of his knob" I don't know why, but she also adds detail that he was wearing a thumb ring which later proves important.
    "He called me last night, he had a strong London accent... told me he loved me" This will also prove important later on.

Plenty of witty responses coming in at this stage. A good story in itself but we're only getting started.

Next him informs us that the bird is a bit of a nutter too. More screen grabs of her messages.
    "Can we chat anyway", "No", "why not", "I don't know you", "But you've 2000 friends, why won't you add me".... no response, she ends with "Well you have my details and know where I am if you're ever up in Dublin"

He's up in Dublin for the Irish match next week so his mates weigh in with some quality comments. Let's just say she's a few years older than this guy and you wouldn't put them together. He's being advised to give it a lash anyway.

It's suspected that it was one of the mates acting the maggot. They're a crowd of messers. One lad posts a picture of an onion ring on his thumb..."it wasn't me".
    The search for someone/anyone goes on....

Day 2:
    Some bright spark "You said she gave you his number, have you called him, post it up here to see if anyone has it"

"Ya, I've been calling him but no answer, fcuk it, here's the number"

Some brighter spark shares a screen grab, she has entered his number in the facebook search tab and it has brought up another lads page.

Comments flying in now, he is from a village about 30 mins away, but he is living/working in the same town now as the guy he is pretending to be. Many know him. None well. He has an English accent. Someone posts a pic that they've taken of his facebook page with his thumb ring in full view.

He's engaged! 2 children.

Some people know his fiancee quite well.

Some others are getting creative with photoshop, pure gold. Some are suggestion he gets the knob pic and send it to your man and fiancee. What to do next has everyone captivated.

And that's us up to date folks. More to follow I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm not its biggest fan but Facebook has just thrown up an absolute belter. Has been ongoing for the last 24 hours.
    The lad in question is a friend of my younger brother, nice lad, but a nutter.

He starts off with a post "anyone use Tagged or Kik, someone has taken my facebook photos and set up an account on both pretending to be me, just got a facebook message of some bird saying she was chatting to me on them"

(Tagged and Kik are two dating type apps apparently)

Queue the responses "you sure that wasn't you steamed" etc etc. He does like a bit of a session.

Next comes a screen grab of his conversation with this woman. "You were talking to me last night, told me you love me", "No I wasn't"... she explains, he is confused. They eventually get to the bottom of it.

"The guy pretending to be you sent me a picture of his knob" I don't know why, but she also adds detail that he was wearing a thumb ring which later proves important.
    "He called me last night, he had a strong London accent... told me he loved me" This will also prove important later on.

Plenty of witty responses coming in at this stage. A good story in itself but we're only getting started.

Next him informs us that the bird is a bit of a nutter too. More screen grabs of her messages.
    "Can we chat anyway", "No", "why not", "I don't know you", "But you've 2000 friends, why won't you add me".... no response, she ends with "Well you have my details and know where I am if you're ever up in Dublin"

He's up in Dublin for the Irish match next week so his mates weigh in with some quality comments. Let's just say she's a few years older than this guy and you wouldn't put them together. He's being advised to give it a lash anyway.

It's suspected that it was one of the mates acting the maggot. They're a crowd of messers. One lad posts a picture of an onion ring on his thumb..."it wasn't me".
    The search for someone/anyone goes on....

Day 2:
    Some bright spark "You said she gave you his number, have you called him, post it up here to see if anyone has it"

"Ya, I've been calling him but no answer, fcuk it, here's the number"

Some brighter spark shares a screen grab, she has entered his number in the facebook search tab and it has brought up another lads page.

Comments flying in now, he is from a village about 30 mins away, but he is living/working in the same town now as the guy he is pretending to be. Many know him. None well. He has an English accent. Someone posts a pic that they've taken of his facebook page with his thumb ring in full view.

He's engaged! 2 children.

Some people know his fiancee quite well.

Some others are getting creative with photoshop, pure gold. Some are suggestion he gets the knob pic and send it to your man and fiancee. What to do next has everyone captivated.

And that's us up to date folks. More to follow I'm sure.

i hereby name this saga.....knobgate
    i predict a thread

PARlance wrote: »
    **knobgate**

His poor fiance. I do hope someone lets her know but in a gentler way than sending her a the knob picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ok, so basically, some older guy robbed this guys identity so he could chat to younger girls on tagged and kik. He sent a picture of his knob to the girl. The girl for some reason wanted to meet him if he was ever in dublin. The guy who's identity was stolen was trying to figure out who done it and his mates started taking the piss?

I'm very confused in the middle but the end bit is gold! I look forward to hearing the rest :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ok, so basically, some older guy robbed this guys identity so he could chat to younger girls on tagged and kik. He sent a picture of his knob to the girl. The girl for some reason wanted to meet him if he was ever in dublin. The guy who's identity was stolen was trying to figure out who done it and his mates started taking the piss?

I'm very confused in the middle but the end bit is gold! I look forward to hearing the rest :P

I was trying to sum up over 200 comments in chronological order but here's the overview.

Let's call the innocent party Ian. Ian is late 20's, a bit of a lad about town, goes out Thursday and comes home Tuesday type. Would probably have no problem with the ladies but prioritises the good life instead. A popular lad around town.

Lets call the other guy Simon. Simon was born in England but moved to a small village about 30 mins from Ian. Simon is engaged and has 2 kids with his fiancé by the looks of it. Simon has recently moved and works in the same town as Ian. Simon works in Supermacs so has obviously witnessed Ian and his late night antics. Simon is early 30's and would probably see Ian as someone he wants to be. He is the type to benefit from using somebody else's photos on a dating site.

Simon pretends to be Ian on a few dating sites. Robbing his facebook photos and using Ian's name on them. He gets chatting to Linda on one such site. Linda likes what she sees. Linda is mid-late 40's and Ian would be a very good catch for her. But it's not Ian she's chatting to, it's Simon. They progress to texting and even phoning each other. Things obviously heat up if Simon feels it's ok to send a knobselfie.

Linda has no issue with selfies, she decides to friend request Ian on facebook purely just to reach out on that. Why not, things were going well. It's only then that everything begins to unravel as Ian asks her who she is. Linda realises she has been fooled. She gives Simons number to Ian so he can get to the bottom of it. Not one to let another opportunity pass, Linda tries it on with the real Ian but he's having none of it.

Armed with nothing but Simons number, Ian posts it and someone is able to identify Simon from it. Simon is only identified 20 hours into the 24 hour saga.

What happens next is anyone's guess. Ian is a popular guy. Over 300 people in town have liked the status and word will spread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement