Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-cloud preview program

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I believe its already full up.
    the old link used to be xbox.com/gamestreaming

According to Major Nelson they might cycle people through the Beta programme, so you could still sign up and might still get in at a later date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The preview is officially coming to Ireland soon.

See here.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The preview is officially coming to Ireland soon.

See here.

That's good news. I was already in the preview program for the UK, but using it in Ireland. I found it had just enough lag to make it unusable for me. Hopefully this will improve when running on the Dublin datacenter.

I followed CatInABox's link and when I sign in it gives me the option to change my country to Ireland. It's good they have thought this out and there are no issues around re-registering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

the local console streaming has stopped working for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

Scruff wrote: »
    the local console streaming has stopped working for me :(

this happened to me. had to hard reset, and re-pair the console to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got into the program last night. Unfortunately it was pretty much unplayable. Was getting download speeds of 25mbs, upload of 8mbs on my 5GHz wifi but the game was a laggy mess. Any tips as to why this might be? Trying again today at work on 90mbs wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got into the program last night. Unfortunately it was pretty much unplayable. Was getting download speeds of 25mbs, upload of 8mbs on my 5GHz wifi but the game was a laggy mess. Any tips as to why this might be? Trying again today at work on 90mbs wifi.

Are you 100% sure you were connected to the 5ghz band from your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any word on the PC app yet? :)
    A poor WiFi card and slow access ROM on my phone makes it dog shít.
    Getting a new phone soon, but looking forward to the PC app more!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any word on the PC app yet? :)
    A poor WiFi card and slow access ROM on my phone makes it dog shít.
    Getting a new phone soon, but looking forward to the PC app more!

Still coming, and in internal testing now. The video shows the app itself in action, but only the local streaming part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    [/YOUTUBE]SiJQ95Ch6Hk[/YOUTUBE]

Still coming, and in internal testing now. The video shows the app itself in action, but only the local streaming part.

Thanks, looking like it's moving along so.
    We can already do Xbox to PC streaming with the console companion app, so it's more the xcloud stuff I'm looking forward to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Are you 100% sure you were connected to the 5ghz band from your router

Yep. Tried at work today but only had access to 2.4GHz network. Tried again at home on 5GHz. Same outcome. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9. But it's about a year and a half old so maybe it's performance is part of the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭mossie

Any suggestions for a cheap controller to use with my android phone?

Advertisement