Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-cloud preview program

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Well this is weird. Managed to download the app and I have access to xcloud streaming (which worked, really like how my gears 5 save was synced to it! ) but don't have access to console streaming.
    Only Rings on insider available to me are Delta and Omega, joined delta but it looks like its only on the general release build from December. Streaming app says my console build doesn't support it. Do I need to be on a different Ring or whats going on with the availability of console streaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone tried using an android box or firestick?

I've 3 firestick 4k's around the house. Would be great if i could stream to them from the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone tried using an android box or firestick?

I've 3 firestick 4k's around the house. Would be great if i could stream to them from the console.

I've it working on Nvidia shield, works a charm even works with shield controller. Need to sideload the APK fil

Tested on my phone last night and performance was terrible. At least a 5 second delay. How is it working if you are on the same wifi network as the console? From the results I got I imagine it's going out to the internet and coming back in?

Last I tried the streaming to PC a few months ago it worked nicely.

Tested on my phone last night and performance was terrible. At least a 5 second delay. How is it working if you are on the same wifi network as the console? From the results I got I imagine it's going out to the internet and coming back in?

Last I tried the streaming to PC a few months ago it worked nicely.

My Xbox is wired connection using a homeplug, my phone is on 5ghz network , I am on virgin 250mb down and 25mb up and I am using an Asus RT AC86U router instead of the virign hub. With all that my streaming is perfect, I am also using a gamevice controller for my phone.

• Advertisement

New Games Added to the beta according to one user on Reddit

New Titles:

Batman Telltale

Batman Telltale The Enemy Within

Black Desert

Destiny 2

Forza Motorsport 7

GoNNER - BLüEBERRY edition

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Kingdom Two Crowns

Moonlighter

Portal Knights

Sid Meiers Civilisation VI

Sparklite

Superhot

The Surge

The Wolf Among Us

Tracks - The Train Set Game

Train Sim World 2020

War Thunder

Wasteland 2: Directors Cut

Got the console streaming working over the weekend. Streamed to my phone which is a old Samsung S7. It looked amazing but performance was too laggy to be useful. It might be better to a Firestick that is plugged in with the Network cable. Or a Chrome cast if that is an option?

Got the console streaming working over the weekend. Streamed to my phone which is a old Samsung S7. It looked amazing but performance was too laggy to be useful. It might be better to a Firestick that is plugged in with the Network cable. Or a Chrome cast if that is an option?

Was you console wired, also was your phone on a 5ghz connection?

Was you console wired, also was your phone on a 5ghz connection?

Console was wired and I think I was on 5g, I litterally just got it working and navigated the menu before shutting it off as the parents had arrived.

But I had a similar performace whn cloud streaming. I am leaning much more to the phone being old than the tech being bad.

I need to get some time to give it a good run.

A lot of it could be down to the crappy routers that come with most internet providers, I had loads of issues prior to buying a standlone router to replace the virgin hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

vodafone standard router (huawei HG56c I think is the code) does not have 5ghz wifi (from personal experience). Total pain in the hoop.

I have the Vodafone Gigabox, think it is also Huawei. It is pretty good in fairness. Bar all the spying for the Chineese government :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Has anyone received an invitation to the cloud version recently?

I got the console streaming working and sent the cloud request at the same time but heard nothing back.

vodafone standard router (huawei HG56c I think is the code) does not have 5ghz wifi (from personal experience). Total pain in the hoop.

I've had nothing but head aches with those, most recently interference from adjacent networks no matter what channel or settings used.

Had this lying in a drawer https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2801939/Trail/TPLINK.htm

So configured it as an AP and connected it with a cable and disabled wireless on the router. Haven't looked back since.

I've had nothing but head aches with those, most recently interference from adjacent networks no matter what channel or settings used.

Had this lying in a drawer https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2801939/Trail/TPLINK.htm

So configured it as an AP and connected it with a cable and disabled wireless on the router. Haven't looked back since.

Is that relatively simple to do? I'd love a better solution but network configuration is a bit beyond me

Is that relatively simple to do? I'd love a better solution but network configuration is a bit beyond me

Set it up in AP mode following instructions, it's very point and click, disable DHCP you want that coming from the vodafone device and you want dmz and port forwarding set on the vodafone one too if needed. Give it a name and connect all your devices to that network then turn off wireless on the vodafone router. Same can be achieved with more options and more money by buying and bridging a "gaming router" which vodafone won't let you use directly last I checked so you'd still have their pos router in the mix

Essentially it's a 5GHz upgrade for 30 euro vodafone won't offer you without an upgrade to a fibre package but with some technicalities you likely will never notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just recently got into the beta, connected up my dual shock 4 last night and played 10 rounds of horde on gears 5. Absolutely flawless performance for me. Didn't think it would really be for me but it's incredible and I think it could away me over to Xbox next gen along with game pass.

Anyone got a link for the ios sign up?

Anyone got a link for the ios sign up?

I believe its already full up.
    the old link used to be xbox.com/gamestreaming

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, thanks to Apples rules around public testing, only 10000 can be signed up. A bit odd, but I'm sure that they have their reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

According to Major Nelson they might cycle people through the Beta programme, so you could still sign up and might still get in at a later date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The preview is officially coming to Ireland soon.

See here.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The preview is officially coming to Ireland soon.

See here.

That's good news. I was already in the preview program for the UK, but using it in Ireland. I found it had just enough lag to make it unusable for me. Hopefully this will improve when running on the Dublin datacenter.

I followed CatInABox's link and when I sign in it gives me the option to change my country to Ireland. It's good they have thought this out and there are no issues around re-registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

the local console streaming has stopped working for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Scruff wrote: »
    the local console streaming has stopped working for me :(

this happened to me. had to hard reset, and re-pair the console to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got into the program last night. Unfortunately it was pretty much unplayable. Was getting download speeds of 25mbs, upload of 8mbs on my 5GHz wifi but the game was a laggy mess. Any tips as to why this might be? Trying again today at work on 90mbs wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just got into the program last night. Unfortunately it was pretty much unplayable. Was getting download speeds of 25mbs, upload of 8mbs on my 5GHz wifi but the game was a laggy mess. Any tips as to why this might be? Trying again today at work on 90mbs wifi.

Are you 100% sure you were connected to the 5ghz band from your router

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any word on the PC app yet? :)
    A poor WiFi card and slow access ROM on my phone makes it dog shít.
    Getting a new phone soon, but looking forward to the PC app more!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any word on the PC app yet? :)
    A poor WiFi card and slow access ROM on my phone makes it dog shít.
    Getting a new phone soon, but looking forward to the PC app more!

Still coming, and in internal testing now. The video shows the app itself in action, but only the local streaming part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    [/YOUTUBE]SiJQ95Ch6Hk[/YOUTUBE]

Still coming, and in internal testing now. The video shows the app itself in action, but only the local streaming part.

Thanks, looking like it's moving along so.
    We can already do Xbox to PC streaming with the console companion app, so it's more the xcloud stuff I'm looking forward to :)

Advertisement