Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 17/01/2020

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

What are you doing here :)
    What are you Ace Ventura Pet Detective ��

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Nicbuc wrote: »
    What are you Ace Ventura Pet Detective ��

Muppet. Go to bed. I’ll be up shortly lolssss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,269 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Cannot believe I totally forgot about TLLS tonight - I'm devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 20,801 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The French dude did not help at all,

But their combined characteristics are people that make them , people who should never be on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I thought so too, the flight attendant talked about giving the child a slap on the back to dislodge the pringle, then the mam came on and right at the end seemed to contradict the story by saying that she gave the child the Heimlich manoeuvre before the flight attendant came on the scene. Awkward indeed. :pac:

I know who I believe! You could see the flight attendants face drop when the mother came out with it. She was shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,746 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

In defence of Paul and John, they weren’t looking for a long-term drummer at the time Pete joined.

They had already been booked to go to Hamburg, but had no drummer. They just happened to know that Pete had a drumkit because they were playing in his mother’s club.

It was less ‘who we can really gel with’, more ‘he’s got drums, he’s in’.

Paul and Yoko’s lawyers told me to say that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lots of Petey stuff on the Youtube,

he did an advert for Carlsberg which aired during the first run of the Beatles Anthology series

Howard Stern interviews Paul here, he says Pete called in sick one night and Ringo filled in for him and was great

A lesson for us all there, next time you are the drummer in The Beatles - don't call in sick or Ringo will get your job and you will end up on the Late Late Show 48 years later talking to Tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

In defence of Paul and John, they weren’t looking for a long-term drummer at the time Pete joined.

They had already been booked to go to Hamburg, but had no drummer. They just happened to know that Pete had a drumkit because they were playing in his mother’s club.

It was less ‘who we can really gel with’, more ‘he’s got drums, he’s in’.

Paul and Yoko’s lawyers told me to say that. :D
    but george was also recruited in a pretty casual way. None of the beatles was especially talented as instrumentalists anyway. Apparently John was jealous of Pete's good looks, which is why he got fired

• Registered Users Posts: 71,746 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

goose2005 wrote: »
    but george was also recruited in a pretty casual way. None of the beatles was especially talented as instrumentalists anyway. Apparently John was jealous of Pete's good looks, which is why he got fired

At least George had a few years to get to know John and Paul on both a personal and professional level.

The three needed a drummer with just a week to go before Hamburg, Pete was playing in The Blackjacks in The Casbah at the time. Knowing The Blackjacks were about to split, the Fab Three seized their chance and grabbed Pete.

Advertisement