Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather. Just gimme the snow. All of it. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dial Hard wrote: »
    A pair of canvassers entered your home arbitrarily, uninvited and without permission? Sure Jan.

They actually did, Doubting Thomas.
    Front door was unlocked, so they carried on in, shouting and knocking on doors inside.
    The thing I hate about the country is that every hoor thinks he can just show up uninvited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The weather. Just gimme the snow. All of it. Now.

Fcuk snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Price of a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night the first weekend in February, I could get a week in Fuerteventura for some of the prices quoted!

6 Nations starts that weekend, that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes.... I get up and sit somewhere else when I see this sort of thing within my line of sight or hearing. It really irritates me, especially when it's men that do it. All you can hear is their saliva slurping around their germ ridden fingers. You can hear it from one end of the cafe to the other if the conditions are right. F you and use a fork..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

mondeo wrote: »
    People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes....

Or when pastries and scones are just displayed openly in cafes disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Those bloody paper jam rags at the bottom of a packet of beef mince. I was frying a block of mince on a high temperature in order to get it nice and brown only for me to flip it over to the other side and discover that I never took the bloody paper off!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Missed the Dublin Kerry match last night, was going to watch it back today, but the first thing I saw in the morning was a notification on my phone giving away the result.

F*cksake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Noise at a party, couldn't hear myself think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People asking questions that they already know the answer to, just to see what you'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Leaving reviews on Just Eat and the only ones that ever show up are the 100% reviews. Anything with a negative point in it never gets past the moderation stage. I left one that said great food as usual but it was cold on arrival, never seen again. Disgraceful sh*te.

Don't believe Just Eat reviews!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

In the UK for the weekend, we went for dinner last night to some Italian place and I ordered a carbonara.

The carbonara arrived to the table with two cooked rashers plonked on top of the spaghetti, and not mixed in at all. Wtf.
    Absolute blasphemy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

mondeo wrote: »
    People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes.... I get up and sit somewhere else when I see this sort of thing within my line of sight or hearing. It really irritates me, especially when it's men that do it. All you can hear is their saliva slurping around their germ ridden fingers. You can hear it from one end of the cafe to the other if the conditions are right. F you and use a fork..
    People who eat in public and are disgusted at the sight of others eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ridiculous plot twists

A main character dies, we all saw him die and two episodes and over a year later in the story timeline he magically wanders in just as friends and family were discussing him

Getuptheyard!

Dallas was before my time but I remember something similar happened there and someone came back to life.

My enjoyment of this new Netflix series just took a dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA freaked out all day after a really troubling dream. Also because I was scrolling through Rip. ie looking for someone's arrangements and I saw the death notice of the teacher I had for 5th and 6th class. Something made me think of her a week or so ago and I'd wondered if she was still alive..
    TA at 8yr olds who always know best. Said 8yr old is annoyed with me because I won't let her wee in a jar and use it for invisible ink. WTF?. Give me strength!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA freaked out all day after a really troubling dream. Also because I was scrolling through Rip. ie looking for someone's arrangements and I saw the death notice of the teacher I had for 5th and 6th class. Something made me think of her a week or so ago and I'd wondered if she was still alive..
    TA at 8yr olds who always know best. Said 8yr old is annoyed with me because I won't let her wee in a jar and use it for invisible ink. WTF?. Give me strength!

I'm actually skitting at that Rubberlegs,you're little one sounds gas.

The hotel here said they would print our boarding passes(we're old fashioned lol)if we email them to reception trying to do it for the last half our and we can't do it because we're both dopey with phones, my friend has ho out to them now because I'm too embarrassed and now I have to have another drink while I wait for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »

We used to use Lemon juice !!! Easier than weeing in a jar . !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My kids have phones and they are texting me every 2 seconds for something or other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This is not directed at anyone it's a genuine TA. People who post passive aggressive responses to other people's TAs.This is the TA thread, a sacred place for fellow cranks who want to air a trivial grievance. Its just even more annoying when people respond that they are trivially annoyed by your trivial annoyance. It's the TA thread! TA that some people completely miss this point!

Also TA drivers who drive up too close behind me. You're not gonna make me drive faster with your intimidation and if I need to brake suddenly you will cause an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As its a special time in my family, I bought myself a ticket for a comedy gig,
    one of my sis's told one of the bro's and he asked me to get him a ticket as well,
    there is no hope of him leaving me alone to enjoy the show.

He's taken all the good out of it, complaining about how he has to rush his tea, midder over where he parks his car and how long the walk between the car park and the venue(10 mins max).

TA that I expected it to be different.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I know twitter is a chamber of ****wits at times but this came on my feed somehow. This person is on a certain youtube channel and has about 2000 followers on twitter. Pronouns in their bio, the usual shoite.
    Having a really **** time emotionally lately and the only person I have to talk to is my therapist who I pay €80 an hour to, because I dont want to burden people with the same ****e. 🙃

This whole crowdfunding of self-esteem or attention is pathetic and grinds my gears. This isnt the first time they've come one my feed with this nonsense, using depression or anxiety as a tool to build a false sense of self. The comments are all fellas "hope you're ok" etc lol :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headaches ☹️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not trivial. But the amount of tragic news stories so far this year. Seems to be bad news every day this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

can't. get. anything. done.

and its annoying me right off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Deja Boo wrote: »
    can't. get. anything. done.

and its annoying me right off!

Hope your lovely neighbour is behaving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hope your lovely neighbour is behaving!

Ta, but he doesn't know the meaning of behave nor civility. One of the most entitled twits ever had the pleasure of living nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    This is not directed at anyone it's a genuine TA. People who post passive aggressive responses to other people's TAs.This is the TA thread, a sacred place for fellow cranks who want to air a trivial grievance. Its just even more annoying when people respond that they are trivially annoyed by your trivial annoyance. It's the TA thread! TA that some people completely miss this point!

Also TA drivers who drive up too close behind me. You're not gonna make me drive faster with your intimidation and if I need to brake suddenly you will cause an accident.

Jaysus, that's some inception levels of TAs :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Charity shops - I got two pairs of gorgeous, thick, lined curtains for a tenner each.

However, it would be nice if people that hand in stuff into charity shops washed it first. My hands were black from handling them.

My bank charging me 18euro per quarter in fees :(
    My pet sitter costs 37euro for 3 visits, and 40 euro for 2. I get that they reward multiple usage but to make it cheaper to have 3 visits rather than 2? Sure I might as well have her call over when I'm here aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Antares35 wrote: »
    My bank charging me 18euro per quarter in fees :(
    My pet sitter costs 37euro for 3 visits, and 40 euro for 2. I get that they reward multiple usage but to make it cheaper to have 3 visits rather than 2? Sure I might as well have her call over when I'm here aswell!

I'm with you on the bank fees...mine can vary between 20 - 30 per quarter because I use my card more than taking cash out of an ATM.
    Thieving cu*ts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Another TA of mine is that I can't use my back door for now and I have to wait for the landlord to organise a new one to be installed.
    Since some scumbag tried to break in a few months ago I had to have the lock replaced on the patio door and now it turns out that the damage is more than just the lock. The internal mechanism is fecked and it took me an hour to get it to close properly and lock it.
    Although it's great at times, but my landlord is so laid back, if she was anymore laid back, she would be laying down...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people taking a call on their phone and putting it on loudspeaker. Nobody wants to hear your conversation and it's a little disrespectful to the other person on the phone. Do they even know that they're on loudspeaker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA I can't get my feet warm. When your feet aren't warm the rest of you could be toastie but you still feel cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Social norms.

My car needs a wash, and earlier today the wind was driving the rain so hard against my car, it sounded like it was being power washed. But if I took a sponge out and started scrubbing it, what kind of mad man would I look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Social norms.

My car needs a wash, and earlier today the wind was driving the rain so hard against my car, it sounded like it was being power washed. But if I took a sponge out and started scrubbing it, what kind of mad man would I look like?

I have 100% considered doing this in recent weeks. Well, for my own car, not yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who send you an IM saying "Hi" or "or can i ask you a question" and then you have to wait 10 minutes for them to type the actual question or message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Its Monday so have a few of these

- Is there a BMW driver anywhere in the world who doesn't drive like a complete ****?
    - I have no problem with slow walkers, but for the love of god, don't block the entire footpath. Keep to one side and stick to it
    - Edgelords who go into RIP threads to write inflammatory things about the deceased, or people's reactions to it. If they're not your thing, don't click into the thread in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

- Is there a BMW driver anywhere in the world who doesn't drive like a complete ****?

The ones with the “German” font on the reg are, usually, much worse than the ones with the standard one.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm with you on the bank fees...mine can vary between 20 - 30 per quarter because I use my card more than taking cash out of an ATM.
    Thieving cu*ts.

So you think it should be free? What other businesses do you think should offer their services for nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

So you think it should be free? What other businesses do you think should offer their services for nothing?

The banks in Ireland are making plenty of money. Just look at the mortgage rates. Banks are​ ripping people off here compared to other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cannot get the word milquetoast out of my head the past couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a friend who is notoriously workshy and averages about 25 sick days a year. All paid. She happens to be in the house this evening.

I was in the office from 8.30am to 6pm today and am sitting at home with the laptop out since I got in. I just made a comment about not getting paid enough and she goes "Yeah, I feel your pain, it's so unfair". She's been on (paid) sick leave since the start of December! How I didn't pull her over the table and strangle her with the charging cable is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    How I didn't pull her over the table and strangle her with the charging cable is beyond me.

Be another 6 weeks off work then.

Remember when you could post a TA in the the TA thread and not TA someone else with your TA? TA this no longer happens.

Also TA I left work super early to get stuff done at home but it was still 8 by the time I got to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA that I stood in dog **** tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Social norms.

You would be my wet dream ..........

Weather "alerts" that come to nothing. Every other day its feckin warnings about snow and storms. Are the breads companies giving them back handers to do this? In reality, its actually not Met Eirean doing this, it's stupid click bait media like MSN and The Journal that just hone in on a word when it's a slow news day, and get the country all riled up for sweet FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am just annoyed . Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at the dating game these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Achooo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement