Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

we have decided locally that if he comes within range, there is a rather fine deserted island spare.. the trump I mean not posters here..;) or maybe....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,212 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Graces7 wrote: »
    we have decided locally that if he comes within range, there is a rather fine deserted island spare.. the trump I mean not posters here..;) or maybe....;)
    Is that why you live on a small island then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ELM327 wrote: »
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Is that why you live on a small island then :)

A small blue island or a small green island?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

MadYaker wrote: »
    Just heard one of Trump's economic advisers on Newstalk, the trip isn't actually cancelled just postponed. Probably be early 2019 sometime. He used the same scheduling issues excuse but I think it has something to do with the mid terms.

Or maybe, just maybe, he is the president of the United States and genuinely has scheduling issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Or maybe, just maybe, he is the president of the United States and genuinely has scheduling issues?

He probably has a very important twitter meltdown scheduled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

He probably has a very important twitter meltdown scheduled :pac:

No, I'd imagine as the leader of the worlds most powerful nation, he has a very busy schedule, and just like you he finds time for a bit of social media too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

mattser wrote: »
    No, I'd imagine as the leader of the worlds most powerful nation, he has a very busy schedule, and just like you he finds time for a bit of social media too.

he seems to find time to watch tv for hours every day. and his regular golfing trips. if you look at his public schedule he doesnt seem to do very much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I knew it, I knew it - he really is from outer space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

As in, someone in this well-oiled machine of an administration announced a trip to Ireland and a few weeks later found out that Shark Week was going to be on at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

What do you make of his Puerto Rico hurricane denial, apparently the Dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. interested to hear a trump supporter's take on that one.

Dannyriver wrote: »
    What do you make of his Puerto Rico hurricane denial, apparently the Dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. interested to hear a trump supporter's take on that one.

He threw them some paper towels. How can you honestly expect him to do more?

Ah the old personal insults, at it again are we doc?

what do you make of Trump's take on the Puerto Rico hurricane and how the dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭mattser

Shenshen wrote: »
    I knew it, I knew it - he really is from outer space.

Smartass quips like this earn one a ban from your mates over in Politics.

what do you make of Trump's take on the Puerto Rico hurricane and how the dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. ?
    What do you make of hillary not defending women who were sexually assaulted by her husband?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/19/bill-clinton-sexual-misconduct-allegations-past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

What do you make of hillary not defending women who were sexually assaulted by her husband?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/19/bill-clinton-sexual-misconduct-allegations-past

How is that remotely relevant?

• Advertisement

Don t know what that has to do with my question but Ill answer you anyway, she displayed awful cowardice there and clearly did so because she didn t want to upset her political ambitions I ve never had time for the Clintons,,...now what do you make of Trump's denial of the death toll in the Puerto Rican hurrican or perhaps you believe his claim that the death toll was fake news put out by the Dems as he s claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

As usual...the what about game.

How is that remotely relevant?
    That's my point.
    It's as relevant as the whataboutery earlier about puerto rico.

As usual...the what about game.
    Yup. started by your buddy danny there

Try again

• Advertisement

That s nowhere near an answer do you think everyone on here are stupid, you asked me a question and |I answered clearly and unequivocally are you unable to do the same.

what do you make of Trump's take on the Puerto Rico hurricane and how the dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. ? I

Smartass quips like this earn one a ban from your mates over in Politics.

Yet this is after hours. Why so offended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That's my point.
    It's as relevant as the whataboutery earlier about puerto rico.

Trump is the president and this thread is about him. How is discussing things about him not relevant?

The Trump supporter obsession with Hillary is bizarre.

Trump is the president and this thread is about him. How is discussing things about him not relevant?

The Trump supporter obsession with Hillary is bizarre.

I think some of it might be sexual.

The official death toll is only an estimate, nobody knows the real figure. The official estimate is less than 3000, so he is not wrong in that sense. It is quite possible that deaths unrelated to the hurricane were factored into the estimate.

Try again

No thanks.
    That s nowhere near an answer do you think everyone on here are stupid, you asked me a question and |I answered clearly and unequivocally are you unable to do the same.

what do you make of Trump's take on the Puerto Rico hurricane and how the dems made up the death toll to make him look bad. ? I

Yes.
    The official death toll is only an estimate, nobody knows the real figure. The official estimate is less than 3000, so he is not wrong in that sense. It is quite possible that deaths unrelated to the hurricane were factored into the estimate.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The official estimate is 2,975. So yeah, lower than 3000 but we all know he isn't being pedantic if he talks about how when he left there were something like 16 fatalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Or Donald Trunp raping his own wife and bragging about sexual assault... I mean this thread is about him after all.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The official estimate is 2,975. So yeah, lower than 3000 but we all know he isn't being pedantic if he talks about how when he left there were something like 16 fatalities.

Don't worry... its not like they are defining l FEMA (disaster relief) to go towards ICE who have been kidnapping, drugging and torturing cholden, including hose of US citizens, hundreds of which have mysteriously "gone missing" or anything.

Oh wait... https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/12/politics/ice-more-money-fema-dhs/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Billy86 wrote: »
    Or Donald Trunp raping his own wife and bragging about sexual assault... I mean this thread is about him after all.

But what about Hilary?

It's the standard response. She's not on the scene anymore and his supporters still go back to it.

• Advertisement

It's getting to the stage where liberals are breeding with inanimate objects. They are supposed to hate the POTUS but cannot even spell his name.

It's getting to the stage where liberals are breeding with inanimate objects. They are supposed to hate the POTUS but cannot even spell his name.

Sorry what was your post yesterday complaining about insults?

Now if you can get beyond the fact I had a phone typo, are you going to answer the questions or not about Trump having to settle out of court (something he has bragged about hating having to do and that his spokesperson has said innocent people simply do not do) for raping his wife and bragging about sexual assault or not?

Sorry what was your post yesterday complaining about insults?

Now if you can get beyond the fact I had a phone typo, are you going to answer the questions or not about Trump having to settle out of court (something he has bragged about hating having to do and that his spokesperson has said innocent people simply do not do) for raping his wife and bragging about sexual assault or not?
    Well the insults continue from the liberals and do not receive moderation so I shall continue and respond in kind.

Any proof of these unfounded (yet again) allegations?

Mod: Take a day off, enough backseat moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'muh liberals'

Trump can't even pronounce 'anonymous', I doubt some guy on boards has to take lessons there.

https://publichealth.gwu.edu/sites/default/files/downloads/projects/PRstudy/Acertainment%20of%20the%20Estimated%20Excess%20Mortality%20from%20Hurricane%20Maria%20in%20Puerto%20Rico.pdf

Have a read of this when you get the chance , it ll give you a better indication why you re just as much of a **** as he is if you don t for once call him out on gas-lighting the experiences of an entire nation. Imagine if someone minimised the experiences of the Irish famine how would you be ok with that too.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Potato_Famine_Denia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

At this stage, if you support Trump you are a troll, a simpleton or a scumbag.

To quickly point out on Trump raping his wife and settling out of court: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivana_Trump
    The Trumps' divorce proceedings appeared on New York tabloid newspapers' covers for 11 days in a row, and Liz Smith wrote about nothing else for three months.[16] Their divorce, in a deposition for which she accused him of rape and of pulling out handfuls of her hair, was settled in 1991. A condition of settlement was that she not talk about their marriage without his permission.[17] The divorce was finalized in 1992.[18]

His bragging about sexual assault (which is what "grabbing women by the p*ssy" is) we already know all about as it's been replayed on video thousands of times, though his followers don't care whatsoever and most simply refuse to acknowledge it.

And, again, as I already went through in detail in another post in this very thread, the fact that under his administration children (including those of US citizens) have been systematically kidnapped, drugged and tortured:

And that with 3,000 Puerto Ricans dead from a lack of disaster relief and with the current hurricane in North and South Carolina, that the Trump administration is diverting funds from there to the same program that has been doing said kidnapping, drugging and torturing of very young children: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/12/politics/ice-more-money-fema-dhs/index.html

What's the word for when a group people blindly follow 'the leader' to the point that they completely ignore reality, refuse to even answer to it, and become openly hostile to those that point it out to them?

Anyway, this might explain Trump's sudden change of heart - after being found guilty of the first bout of charges, the chairman of Donald Trump's presidential campaign (Paul Manafort, who just by sheer coincidence I am sure was also an adviser to Putin's puppet Prime Minister in the Ukraine that got overthrown in 2014 as well as having a lot of close ties to many of the oligarchs at the centre of the Russian/US election investigation) has today plead guilty to a litany of charges, including obstruction of justice and conspiracy against the United States: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/9fryl8/extrump_campaign_chief_paul_manafort_agrees_to/

Anyway, this might explain Trump's sudden change of heart - after being found guilty of the first bout of charges, the chairman of Donald Trump's presidential campaign (Paul Manafort, who just by sheer coincidence I am sure was also an adviser to Putin's puppet Prime Minister in the Ukraine that got overthrown in 2014 as well as having a lot of close ties to many of the oligarchs at the centre of the Russian/US election investigation) has today plead guilty to a litany of charges, including obstruction of justice and conspiracy against the United States: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/9fryl8/extrump_campaign_chief_paul_manafort_agrees_to/

Ouch. 46M in forfeitures. that has to hurt his pension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Question about the terms of these plea-deals:

Do the only benefit if the information is deemed accurate, or the information results in a prosecution, or no such terms?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Do the only benefit if the information is deemed accurate, or the information results in a prosecution, or no such terms?
    I'm not 100%, but Manafort he has not only plead guilty but (as expected) agreed to cooperate 'fully and truthfully' with the investigation - https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/14/17860198/paul-manafort-plea-deal-robert-mueller

The guy leading the investigation also took down Enron, and did it by going for the wives of those responsible as the money in that case was effectively being siphoned through them. Manafort is 69 years old, was already found guilty in the other case a few weeks back on 8 separate counts so is likely going to be spending most if not all of his remaining years behind bars, and was going to jail anyway. So I have a feeling Mueller hit him where it hurt, right at home. Especially since texts between his daughters talking about Manafort's 'blood money' and involvement in political murders in the Ukraine came out in the open last year - http://uk.businessinsider.com/paul-manafort-daughter-text-messages-ukraine-2017-3?r=US&IR=T

Considering Manafort was running the show in terms of the campaign, pushed heavily for the fundamentalist nutjob to be put in as VP, organised the likes of secret meetings with Kremlin officials to exchange dirt on Trump's opponent in exchange for talking about sanctions ("secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy in order to deceive others" being the definition of collusion), and worked extremely closely with others who have since flipped like Trump's original initial choice of National Security Advisor (chief of security) Mike Flynn who got caught making dodgy and illegal phone calls to Kremlin officials which he lied about to the FBI (and which the same fundamentalist VP appears to have subsequently lied about having knowledge of), Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen, and probably even more importantly, the CFO of Trump's businesses for the last 40+ years Alan Weisselberg, on top of all the audio leaks, the op-ed in the NYT he has been losing his marbles over, and the book that came out the other day on him, I'd imagine old Donald is in no mood for travel as he knows things are catching up to him pretty quickly.
    In a series of texts reviewed by Business Insider that appear to have been sent by Andrea to her sister, Jessica, in March 2015, Andrea said their father had "no moral or legal compass."

"Don't fool yourself," Andrea wrote to her sister, according to the texts. "That money we have is blood money."

"You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly," she continued, according to the reviewed texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,643 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

33kq7pt.jpg

It means sentencing gets delayed while he spills his guts. Should he fail to fully cooperate, as judged by the government, the "dropped" charges are no longer dropped.

It's on page 14 of the agreement. I'd post the text but I can't copy/paste from the doc.

It's all fairly impressive from Mueller. I thought Manafort would never flip. Manafort knows everything about the conspiracy with the Russians. He's the only guy who's cooperation scares Trump. I guess the joint defense agreement is off. I'm sure we can expect some unhinged tweets soon.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

There were only 16 confirmed fatalities at time of his visit. Cannot link at the moment but it is in every article I have read about his visit

• Advertisement

There were only 16 confirmed fatalities at time of his visit. Cannot link at the moment but it is in every article I have read about his visit

That what FEMA and disaster relief is for - supplying clean water, food, shelter, and protection against violence as people fight for a lack of them. Without these things, people die from starvation, thirst, disease, exposure to the elements and violence from others desperate to not meet that fate.

What happened to Puerto Rico's disaster relief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are we sure he won't stop off in Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That time he arrived in Shannon on his private jet with the harpists and Eamon Gilmore greeting him is etched in my memory.

One of the most embarrassing cringeworthy self deprecating things I've ever seen.
    so etched in your memory that you are misremembering gilmore for noonan?

Do you just take Trump's word and just accept it as true? That's pretty stupid given his dishonesty and distance from reality. Do you think that once the hurricane is gone that the deaths stop? That's also stupid if that is what you think. Deaths continue to happen as a result of the destroyed infrastructure. That's actually where FEMA comes in. It's their job to perform the disaster recovery.

But yeah, continue to parrot Trump and see how easy your bullshít can be corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

So you accept then that not one more person died in PR after that as a result of the hurricanes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement