Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Sky King wrote: »
    You don't need to go to all that trouble. Just say you identify as female.

And keep the beard ? I wonder just how much stink one would kick up and get away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

And keep the beard ?

Well in woke US you can be a woman and keep the penis. *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Well in woke US you can be a woman and keep the penis. *shrugs*

Same in Ireland. You can legally change your gender without undergoing any medical treatment whatsoever, or indeed without any input from a doctor - it's essentially a case of walking into the office and asking for your birth cert to be changed, and walking out the opposite gender without doing anything else. And some of the woke crowd want to extend this facility to children!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

And keep the beard ? I wonder just how much stink one would kick up and get away with.

I can’t recall his name but there’s a guy who is women’s officer for Stonewall who identifies as a woman and a lesbian - and has a beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Same in Ireland. You can legally change your gender without undergoing any medical treatment whatsoever, or indeed without any input from a doctor - it's essentially a case of walking into the office and asking for your birth cert to be changed, and walking out the opposite gender without doing anything else. And some of the woke crowd want to extend this facility to children!

So... Effectively like changing your name? What's so disturbing about changing your name? People do it all the time. You can even do it in boards.ie (if you pay a subscription)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I don't think anyone is claiming that changing your name is disturbing.

Nice strawman BTW.

So... Effectively like changing your name? What's so disturbing about changing your name? People do it all the time. You can even do it in boards.ie (if you pay a subscription)

If you honestly think that a man becoming or declaring themselves as a woman is the same as changing your name, you have no comprehension about the differences between men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

You know that is not the only consequence full well. But there is a whole other thread for that battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't think anyone is claiming that changing your name is disturbing.

Nice strawman BTW.
    If you honestly think that a man becoming or declaring themselves as a woman is the same as changing your name, you have no comprehension about the differences between men and women.
    Gruffalux wrote: »
    You know that is not the only consequence full well. But there is a whole other thread for that battle.

Yeah, I know, I know :) - but my point was that, with regard to the point about kids, what difference does it make what their passport says? I mean, they aren't making any changes to their body and it's not something that's going to potentially cause damage later on if they regret it.

It's just changing a detail on a piece of paper - like a name. There are no major consequences - or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah, I know, I know :) - but my point was that, with regard to the point about kids, what difference does it make what their passport says? I mean, they aren't making any changes to their body and it's not something that's going to potentially cause damage later on if they regret it.

It's just changing a detail on a piece of paper - like a name. There are no major consequences - or am I missing something?

You're missing quite a lot, or feigning stupidity.

• Advertisement

Changing your name doesn’t give you the right to enter women’s rape crisis centers and give smear tests to women in medical facilities though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Originally Posted by Banana Republic
    I was thinking of putting on a blouse and wig going for a big job in RTE or something and then claim discrimination when I didn’t get the job.
    Theres a spiral happening here now with regard to gender identity, that was not my angle. With my original post I was just wondering at what stage you'd be called out

Changing your name doesn’t give you the right to enter women’s rape crisis centers and give smear tests to women in medical facilities though.

The same argument could be made for banning transgender generally - is that your point, or where is the difference?

And this won't effect kids (won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!) having their gender changed on a passport (as long as, of course, they can change it back on future passports)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Originally Posted by Banana Republic

Theres a spiral happening here now with regard to gender identity, that was not my angle. With my original post I was just wondering at what stage you'd be called out

You would not get an interview for starters.

All senior positions are head hunted invariably.

They would have to advertise a position. What happens is that they will interview 8 - 10 persons. Maybe 1 or 2 would have a smidgeon of a chance of the job - if that at all. More often than not they know exactly who they want.

Your CV can't wear a wig. The reality is that an employee agency would be contracted to " ensure transparency".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

The same argument could be made for banning transgender generally - is that your point, or where is the difference?

And this won't effect kids (won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!) having their gender changed on a passport (as long as, of course, they can change it back on future passports)

So, if it's just a change in the papers, why do it at all?
    But if it's more, and you send your boy to the girls school, or sent him to school in girls' uniform, do you think it's not abuse? You are willingly expose him to bullying and ridicule from the other kids, and put him all sorts of awkward positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ill guess without reading that the reverse wasnt suggested

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1348986753747705860

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Cordell wrote: »
    So, if it's just a change in the papers, why do it at all?
    But if it's more, and you send your boy to the girls school, or sent him to school in girls' uniform, do you think it's not abuse? You are willingly expose him to bullying and ridicule from the other kids, and put him all sorts of awkward positions.

Slippery shope fallacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I think this can be applied to us too:D

https://twitter.com/JimLeitrim1/status/1348570716078301185

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

You DONT think they should have equal access...?

Not much of an anarchist!

They DO have equal access, have had so for decades ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/german-storms-to-be-given-more-diverse-names-after-online-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

silverharp wrote: »
    Ill guess without reading that the reverse wasnt suggested

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1348986753747705860

Oh RTD.
    What a disappointment.

They DO have equal access, have had so for decades ...

I never said they didn't. Someone implied that they shouldn't.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/german-storms-to-be-given-more-diverse-names-after-online-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”

Probably they will use names like Ahmed only for mild and ... peaceful storms, you can't name a devastating storm like that, it may send the wrong message.

Slippery shope fallacy.

I'm sure you said the same thing when you heard the suggestion that some male inmates will pretend to be transgender just to serve the time in a women prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Gender isn't a category on the passport.
    'Sex' is and it's either male or female. It is impossible to change sex

Cordell wrote: »
    I'm sure you said the same thing when you heard the suggestion that some male inmates will pretend to be transgender just to serve the time in a women prison.

You'll have to quote the post.
    Rodin wrote: »
    Gender isn't a category on the passport.
    'Sex' is and it's either male or female. It is impossible to change sex

Fair point, don't know how I got sidetracked with passports... Apologies!

Think it was originally meant to be Birth Cert or something, but putting the letter M instead of F is detremental to the child's health as they'll have to wear a skirt to school (not sure how? Poster declined to answer thus far) and be bullied into oblivion or something like that. Or adults will use it to get into rape-crisis clinics (again, not sure how...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Oh RTD.
    What a disappointment.

That IS a disappointment. I’ve seen Russell T Davies interviewed a few times and he’s a really intelligent, engaging guy. And, like, is he saying that Aidan Gillen and Charlie Hunnam weren’t great in their roles in Queer As Folk? I especially cannot believe he compared a straight actor playing a gay character to somebody doing blackface. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I never said they didn't. Someone implied that they shouldn't.

No I never implied that .
    You are trying to misconstrue what I said but that isnt surprising.

No I never implied that .
    You are trying to misconstrue what I said but that isnt surprising.

Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

image.jpg

Account now suspended https://twitter.com/blm_emily_acab maybe it was a parody account, sure hope so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

if one was male white and struggling in the US, it would sound like Biden either assumes they have as much privilege as old rich white dudes like Biden or deserve to be back of the queue

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭whysobecause

I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.:rolleyes:

I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.:rolleyes:
    They'll create havoc, using the name of their god in vain how dare they!

Can you imagine all the Islamists complaining that a storm has been named after Muhammad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Plus... how do you draw Storm Mohamed on a weather chart?

• Advertisement

"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.

So.... You deliberatey misconsrtrue what Biden said.
    I explain it to you (see below)
    You accuse me of misconstruing you.
    Then you deliberately misconstrue waht Biden said in exactly the same way... for the second time...?

Pretty spurious to cut the quote in ooder to completely change the meaning! Here's the FULL quote again:

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."

Pretty obvious that his priority is the equality and not the business being the equality, but you knew that already.

The priority is not people - the priority is his intention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Council is slammed for 'ridiculous and historical wokery' over plans to remove a statue of a British war hero – with official report claiming it 'impacts anybody who does not define themselves in binary gender terms'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9135913/Council-slammed-historical-wokery-plans-remove-statue-British-war-hero.html

the statue had attracted public debate in part due to references to colonial campaigns on its plinth which 'sought to advance British imperialist interests in other countries'.

An equality impact assessment read: 'The General Buller statue represents the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms.

'The consultation will need to ensure that the views of women, transgender and non-binary people are captured and given due weight.' The impact assessment also noted the need to consult with minority ethnic groups on the statue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...

Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...

Well I do feel offended by or inferior to statues of angels and Greek deities, so...

If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.

• Advertisement

If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.

That Michaelangelo one makes you feel a tad inadequate I have to say!!!

Ban it!! 😀

I had to have a quick Google. The fecker is 5 meters tall! His flaccid knob is the same length as a short womans shin!

There was a "fig leaf campaign" in Medieval Europe to cover the nudity in historical artworks. Metal fig leaves nailed on statues or painted on paintings.
    Hundreds of years later Queen Victoria had a detachable fig leaf put on her plaster cast replica of David.
    Plus ca change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wonder will there be a demand from the un-busy-at-work woke crowd to have the Dublin Spire removed next? Because one of them thought it looked like a phallic symbol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

An equality impact assessment read: 'The General Buller statue represents the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms.'

The historian interviewed notes the inconvenient truth that 'The lot of women was improved by the British Empire.'

The woke brigade seemingly operate under the assumption that pre-colonial societies were idylls of progressive equality, where everyone lived in gentle harmony, without violence, exploitation, or poverty — until the white male capitalist imperialist oppressors arrived to ruin it all.

But anyone who knows anything about pre-colonial Africa, as just one example, can appreciate this for the nonsense it is. Pre-colonial societies were extremely violent, gender norms were rigidly enforced, and they were not progressive or happy places for women or the gender fluid. The legal protections that people invoke today against violence and discrimination are largely products of the imperialism and colonialism that they deride.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭CarProblem

We're at the stage where some people are afraid to offend convicted criminals prison users

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1349342612323500032?s=20

Fuck me.........

CarProblem wrote: »
    We're at the stage where some people are afraid to offend convicted criminals prison users

Fuck me.........

Typo is annoying me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Would it be right to say that someone who is a frequent user abuses prisons?

CarProblem wrote: »

Fuck me.........
    What's wrong with the word "prisoner"???? It's gender neutral already confused.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What's wrong with the word "prisoner"???? It's gender neutral already confused.png

So I assume that not all criminals are in prison, so therefore not all criminals are prisoners.

Now!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement