Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was prescribed oxy and valium but surprisingly they are doing virtually nothing. I'll give them another day and call doc again i think.

I got prescribed both also today for sciatica. Hoping for some relief from the discomfort. All my own fault. Went to a walk on Sunday and went too far, too soon.
    This Sunday I will stay home and eat crisps. Far more sensible option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I got prescribed both also today for sciatica. Hoping for some relief from the discomfort. All my own fault. Went to a walk on Sunday and went too far, too soon.
    This Sunday I will stay home and eat crisps. Far more sensible option.

Fingers crossed they work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Are you guys/gals up yet? The weather is beautiful, clear blue skies and a cold 3 degrees?

Truck got trailered away to the shop yesterday, waiting on the prognosis. Still haven’t found anything that I desire to buy. Wife won’t let me get a Raptor :)

@Grem are you seeing a GP or a chiropractor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Grem are you seeing a GP or a chiropractor?

GP and physio

• Advertisement

Go see a chiropractor, considering the amount of time that people in my profession spend sitting on their arses, back problems are a common issue. We used to have a list of the best chiropractors available throughout our route structure, it was therefore common to find someone flying to Manila to see Dr Jameson Snr. This guy saved a lot of careers.

Not that I expect you to head to the Philippines, but you should be able to find someone in Galway.

I was erring on the safe side with a physio, will investigate further

The way I see it, a GP can only manage pain, a Physio can only manage muscles, a ChiroprActor can deal with the root cause.

You must have a Chinese medicine shop in a mall near you, try there and see how good they are at massage, look for a really old person :)

Feck, lockdown scuppers me for now so..

I thought that malls were open as essential services?

• Advertisement

I thought that malls were open as essential services?

Lots of businesses within must remain closed

I suffered from sciatica for years, for so bad it was keeping me awake, but I didn't know what it was, had xrays & mri done on hips & back.
    Eventually, saw a guy in Finland, think he was a bit chiropractor and a bit osteopath? (The language barrier didn't help:) )

But, he manipulated my back around, clicked few things etc & it was immediate relief! I saw him everytime I was in Finland. God it was great.
    Have to find someone similar here.........

Just heading home had to drop some shopping to a friend..

Netflix o clock, sat on the couch trying to wind down and relax.

no bed today Grem?

bubblypop wrote: »
    no bed today Grem?

Soon, just a bit wound up, you know yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Shivering me timbers. Tis a cold damp day that just gets under your fingernails.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Shivering me timbers. Tis a cold damp day that just gets under your fingernails.

Hope your feeling better Trigger :)

Just back from a forest walk and deciding what to have for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Autosport wrote: »
    Hope your feeling better Trigger :)

Just back from a forest walk and deciding what to have for lunch

I am still sick Auto but not as bad as I was. I have persistent headaches, fatigue, coughing and sniffles.
    Am able to work but spend the rest of the time in bed.
    Mmmmm.... bed.

I am still sick Auto but not as bad as I was. I have persistent headaches, fatigue, coughing and sniffles.
    Am able to work but spend the rest of the time in bed.
    Mmmmm.... bed.

That’s a bit mad that your still working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Deskside

You may remember that I had an echo scan of my heart done before Christmas. Had an appointment with my consultant today about my follow up results. Was told I haven't got any worse and would be seen every 2 years, have wasted €170 to be told that though :(

Isn’t it nicer to know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Deskside

You may remember that I had an echo scan of my heart done before Christmas. Had an appointment with my consultant today about my follow up results. Was told I haven't got any worse and would be seen every 2 years, have wasted €170 to be told that though :(

At least theres no doubt, or lingering fear?.. peace of mind can be priceless at times I find.

Isn’t it nicer to know ?

Ah it is, was worried there was something wrong when I got the appointment

At least theres no doubt, or lingering fear?.. peace of mind can be priceless at times I find.

Thats true yeah, sorry for the rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Thats true yeah, sorry for the rant

Ah rant away...it's cathartic :)
    Had a few scares myself in recent times and it's the feckin not knowing was the kicker

Not long back from my walk and it’s so nice to get lost in the sound of nature :)

Making dinner now :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, finishing up work for the day.

Can't seem to shake off this rotten head cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm remembering Wednesday evenings around this time in better times. I could be on the road working and having dinner in a Hotel listening to a post workday briefing or working from home. When working from home, I'd be sitting with a couple of friends in the pub. Early few scoops and a chat. I always called it Wednesday night beers. It broke the week up. For my short spell in London, it was similar only over an Indian meal with beers.:eek:

In the first lockdown back in Ireland we tried Wednesday night Zoom chats with the beers, but that sadly faded away. Twas a real pity. Things didn't improve and I've been having my Wednesday night beers alone lately. But tradition is tradition,:D Terrible times we are stuck in for now, but bottoms up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

People are starting to ask questions over on 'motors'
    Any roigh idea on how many cats have been stolen in the last year or two?
    Who are buying them?

Dont let on ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement