Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

-Vega- wrote: »
    For mid I like buying crystaline flask and wards early on, then backing once I have the money for kages and another ward. Place traps the moment they are off cd to cover u from every angle.

Top though I can see the benefit of early armor but id still be tempted to go down the same route.
    I did the same as AD carry twitch, flask and pots.

First back had 2 kills and 70cs. Sent the enemy vayne and lux back after a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Me and my brother are trying to play this on the same eircom router at home both it wont seem to let both of us connect, is their anyway to fix this and if not could someone recommend a router from argos that would allow us to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Me and my brother are trying to play this on the same eircom router at home both it wont seem to let both of us connect, is their anyway to fix this and if not could someone recommend a router from argos that would allow us to?
    What makes you think it's the router? I've played with two people connected through an Eircom router just fine.

dunno it works fine when one person is on it but when two try to play lol it craps out

dunno it works fine when one person is on it but when two try to play lol it craps out
    Strange i've played with 2 other people on the same connection.

Some obvious things would be:

Computer actually connected
    2 separate LoL accounts
    No severe firewalls blocking.
    Can play it solely on each Comp.

What exactly happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

hmmms whats the story with energy regen in season 3? they removed energy regen mastery?

hmmms whats the story with energy regen in season 3? they removed energy regen mastery?
    There never was an energy regen mastery. There are runes and they're still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

For mid I like buying crystaline flask and wards early on, then backing once I have the money for kages and another ward. Place traps the moment they are off cd to cover u from every angle.

Top though I can see the benefit of early armor but id still be tempted to go down the same route.

1 ward and 11 pots OP. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Does anyone have or know of a good guide for noobs ?
    I've never played it, downloading atm.
    But I hear the community is full of ***** who just aren't taken to assisting new players , especially ingame.

Everyones gotta start somewhere though, anyone any advice before I brave the backlash of the LoL ingame rage ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    But I hear the community is full of ***** who just aren't taken to assisting new players , especially ingame.

Everyones gotta start somewhere though, anyone any advice before I brave the backlash of the LoL ingame rage ?

A lot of useful FAQ's here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=556519
    Scroll down to watch some videos about the basics.

If you've never played a MOBA before it's going to take awhile to get used to. Just enjoy yourself and have fun with the leveling experience.

If someone is raging at you for no good reason just mute them and report them after the game.

And if you have questions just ask here or the above linked sub-forum of the official LoL forums. Reddit has a very active sub-reddit for LoL too and another that is specifically aimed at new players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

SeantheMan wrote: »

The reddit LoL summonerschool community is absolutely brilliant.

www.reddit.com/r/summonerpreschool
    www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madR

n1ck wrote: »
    yD oE uA rD and shteamed don't work, says the usernames are not found.

I tryed to add u guys but it seys what names dosent egzist enymore... if u want add me IGN name: madryto i looking for a team. And Do u play EU/west?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Today is the 4th time i have downloaded/installed LOL, and each previous time i played 1 game and thought it rubbish. Which is odd considering the amount of time i put into another MOBA called SMITE.

Although played a game today as Taric and really enjoyed it. I think playing as a support/tanky character is the best thing to do as a new player since there is more room for error. Thats the easy part though. Now i just gotta learn the skillset and how best to face 100+ champions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bedshaped

Today is the 4th time i have downloaded/installed LOL, and each previous time i played 1 game and thought it rubbish. Which is odd considering the amount of time i put into another MOBA called SMITE.

Although played a game today as Taric and really enjoyed it. I think playing as a support/tanky character is the best thing to do as a new player since there is more room for error. Thats the easy part though. Now i just gotta learn the skillset and how best to face 100+ champions :mad:

You should try out Nunu too. He's quite naturally tanky, has one high damage ability you need to keep track of and nice sustain in the form of a heal if you're being bullied in lane.

When I was starting out I watched the some champion spotlights on Riot Games' youtube channel between matches in order to get a feel for what enemy champs can do to me.

Also play with bots. I didn't when I started out and I quit a lot because of it. Later on though I would play bot games with my friends and we always loved it. I regret not practising on bots earlier.

Play Leona. Great craic.

Playing support is a very good way to learn the game and you can carry hard enough at low elo because supports at that level are typically atrocious. Just remember, wards and lane presence. Plus the likes of Sona and Leona have teamfight-changing ults.

My username is jesusjim just about to hit level 30 and would love to play with some boardsies or even get some tips

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madR

some1 wanna make team? to play in evenings sometimes

Feel free to add me as 'Grand Conde' - beware I'm awful and I'll probably get you killed a lot.

• Advertisement

PersecuteThis

Add me if you want to liiive....or just play games.

Seifer wrote: »

Got 54 and i have only been playing less than a week :D

New ranking system for season 3: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-league-system-coming-soon-ranked

Sounds very similar to the Starcraft 2 system; which doesn't seem like a good idea in a non-1v1 game :/

The best of 3/5 "promotion" matches sound horribly flawed. You could play as well as you always do and get trolled every time you start your promotion matches and so artificially slow your climb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looks tremendous to be fair

Seifer wrote: »
    New ranking system for season 3: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-league-system-coming-soon-ranked

Sounds very similar to the Starcraft 2 system; which doesn't seem like a good idea in a non-1v1 game :/

The best of 3/5 "promotion" matches sound horribly flawed. You could play as well as you always do and get trolled every time you start your promotion matches and so artificially slow your climb.

Ugh, I have no idea why they are imitating the Deadcraft 2 system. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Just got my first ever pentakill, only a 1400 elo match. Jungle Mundo is op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wheres good for player stats nowadays? Lolstats is broke and jabebot has been taken offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Meirleach

ED E wrote: »
    Wheres good for player stats nowadays? Lolstats is broke and jabebot has been taken offline.

Try http://www.lolking.net/

Nice site, but some of the stats seem quite dated, to the same extent as lolstats actually :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

It's very up to date, usually I can view my last game on it.

Yeah, was my mistake.

Had a fair few bugs since the preseason patch. Not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

Hey guys new to League, playing aboute 2-3 months now on lvl 20. Im wondering if anyone plays fairly regularly nothing too serious, just a few people who wont dc constantly or feed. Thx :)

TTBrofist wrote: »
    Hey guys new to League, playing aboute 2-3 months now on lvl 20. Im wondering if anyone plays fairly regularly nothing too serious, just a few people who wont dc constantly or feed. Thx :)

Add the channel "Irish Lol" to your chat(hit settings to auto join every time you login). You might get a few games out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TTBrofist

ED E wrote: »

Add the channel "Irish Lol" to your chat(hit settings to auto join every time you login). You might get a few games out of that.

Anyone been watching LCS?

Giants played brilliantly against Gambit !

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone been watching LCS?

Giants played brilliantly against Gambit !

Watched SK vs Wolves and it bored me to tears. SK very slow to finish that game despite the massive lead they had, since that didn't watch another game for fear of falling asleep

Watched SK vs Wolves and it bored me to tears. SK very slow to finish that game despite the massive lead they had, since that didn't watch another game for fear of falling asleep

You probably watched the worst match so far IMO.

SK have an awful habit of dragging games out too long (they know this themselves) and it usually bites them in the Ass (think the recent backdoors by CLG on them). They dragged the game versus EG out a bit too long too, but their teamfighting was seriously on form and they won everytime. Seems like they don't know when they can win teamfights and are always unsure about initiating.

Watch this match: Giants vs Gambit, giants close it out in only 30 minutes or so. All out aggression, probably the best way to take down Gambit.

For anyone not aware, an Irish lad has mad it into Challenger tier,

Best of luck to him ;)

TheDoc wrote: »

Best of luck to him ;)

Any Summoner name?

TheDoc wrote: »

Best of luck to him ;)

Fair play to him. Who is it ?

xHustlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Most played champion...ezreal. Well thats not much of a shock.

Good on him.

Not challenger yet, :/ but fiar play for Diamond 1 !

Who counters AP Yi mid?

Was thinking Fizz because of his W that reduces healing effects, but tbh meditate is only 10% of the problem. His wave clear is super strong, his ult means he can run away, I don't want to just sustain the lane, I want to kill him.

Something with cc, tried morg but 2 skill shot dependent. So at the moment Annie or Fizz, anyone else?

Nevermind, Chogath mid, owned Yi.

Oh Chogath, is there anything you can't do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

jesus people do take this game seriously dont they :D i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community

jesus people do take this game seriously dont they :D i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community

It's actually the game that causes the anger. I mean the players are the same players that you probably play against in other games. The only difference with MOBA's is that you have to stick with the same four other people for a whole round. You can't just leave because your team is losing or someone is being a dick (well you can but you'll get banned eventually if you do). And so when you're stuck with a team and they seem to being doing things that you think are quite obviously stupid it pisses you off since they are essentially wasting 30~ mins of your life.

Riot's player behaviour and justice team is working on ways to solve some of the issues that cause the most rage; it will be interesting to see if they can come up with anything that works.

can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah i just hate when im having a bad game and some asshat decides to be abusive for the whole game while they generally arnt doing much better, pisses me off just as much when it isnt even aimed at me, particularly in normal non ranked games where people should be learning the ropes of the game anyway

• Advertisement

can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.

Feed or Afk...

You talking ranked or just arseing around in normals? I usually just arse around in normals. Ranked is too serious & im not level 30 :/

Advertisement