Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Assassins Creed Odyssey. My first ever AC, just got on the boat with Barnabis after clearing the first island. Loving it so far.

Oh she opens up seriously after that! You're in for a treat, runner up to my GOTY last year. It's probably the least assissiney AC game, but that's not an issue! I'd recommend Black Flag after that one, won't be quite as good, but my god it's the best pirate game I've ever played. My second favorite AC after Odyssey.

Anyway, I bought Medievil on a whim. It's meh. Combat is shocking, no flow or anything to it, just mash square and circle. Keep forgetting I've a shield, not that it really matters.

Good looking game, but they should have updated the combat while they were at it. I can't recommend it right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Giving Nioh a lash for the past hour. Only got to the second pray station yolk to save.

My heart is in my mouth playing it. Don’t know how anyone plays these games for more than an hour or so at a time.

The start feels a bit easier than bloodborne which I just couldn’t get into at all even though I loved the look of the game.

We’ll see how I feel in another few hours of gameplay!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just starting Alice: Madness Returns on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just finished Batman Arkham Knight, really enjoyed it, looking forward to playing its DLCs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah Batman Arkham Knight is a cool game. Really sets up a cool atmosphere with the city. Feels cold, dark, wet and bare. But bare in a good way. As everyone is meant to have been evacuated.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just starting Alice: Madness Returns on PS3

Ah that's a great game iirc. Very different, and again, iirc, not for kids! Definitely would warrant a re-master for PS4!

Still working through it. Prefer it over the first one anyway. Crashed once but no progress lost. I think a sequel was announced or at least being talked about

I must give it another go sometime, I do remember being impressed with it. And there should be a sequel, announced in Jan of this year by AmericaMcGee, Alice: Asylum will be a prequel to the first 2. There's a teaser with some artwork, and a 2+ hour update video from last week. Don't think there's any spoilers in the teaser, but I'd still be wary until you've finished Madness Returns.

Just finished it and letting the credits run. Wow they're slow!
    Really enjoyed it over all. Took my time exploring. Didn't find everything but did pretty well I think. Only missed about 10 out of about 90 memories. Overall completion 94%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just finished it and letting the credits run. Wow they're slow!
    Really enjoyed it over all. Took my time exploring. Didn't find everything but did pretty well I think. Only missed about 10 out of about 90 memories. Overall completion 94%

Impressive to complete the game in one go like that in 4 days. I wish I could do that to my backlog :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Feeling quite bereft, finished spider-man's DLC last night, so that game is now 100% completed, all missions, extras and trophies. I don't get much time to play, so I've had this on the go for months now.

The question is what to move onto... Part of me is thinking rdr2, or something else cheap on ps store, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jayisplay

dulpit wrote: »
    Feeling quite bereft, finished spider-man's DLC last night, so that game is now 100% completed, all missions, extras and trophies. I don't get much time to play, so I've had this on the go for months now.

The question is what to move onto... Part of me is thinking rdr2, or something else cheap on ps store, any suggestions?

I’m planning on starting rdr2 any day now , I’m just wary of the missable trophies as I try to get as many platinums as I can (20 so far). I’ll just take my time, I’ll also go back and clean up the dlc and last few trophies on Spider-Man

I'd usually go for something small after completing an epic game.

You might burn out taking on too many huge games in sequence.

So I recently completed Metal Gear Solid on my PS Classic, took about 16 hours.. but then went for something that was only 3-4 hours... felt good to clear that off the backlog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

must be difficult adjusting to not being a superhero anymore, it's like Suoerman 2 all over again

Just started Spider-man.
    Turns out I haven't played the PS4 since God of War in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Just finished Wolfenstein young blood, overall 3/5, enjoying aspects of it but terrible dialogue and side mission and main mission interaction. I started into death stranding, I still have very little idea as to what the game is but it is definitely a relaxing beautiful play. Alternating death stranding with uncharted lost legacy. The PS4 is an impressive machine graphically but also the scope and variety of games is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Decided to give Need for Speed Heat ago. Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,884 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thinking of going back to by Playstation Classic mini and was wondering does anyone have any links to a list of Bin/Cue files for games and how to put them on a USB ?? PM if cant do it public

Jedi Fallen Order

• Advertisement

Tried to start the Legend of Kay Anniversary from PS Now last night. Got about 20 minutes into and the lead characters voice was doing my head in. Kudos they got an actual child to voice a child like character, but they could at least have got one that can act. So, so bad. Didn't even get far enough to get a trophy from it.

I'm lost as to what to play though. I do want to play that Vampire one, but I want it to be good and I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind right now. Got fed up of Tokyo Xanadu EX+, too much mulling and not enough action.

I did Platinum AC: Odyssey though, so that seems like an achievement, and a thoroughly enjoyable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Started God of War having heard great things about it. Tried the remaster of 3 when it came free with plus but didn't take to it.

Enjoying it so far although have only played a couple of hours. They do throw a lot at you in terms of upgrades, ruins, moves, lore, etc. but I'll stick with it.

My only gripe so far is the text in the menus and for subtitles is very small.

Noticing that with Fallen Order as well. Not so much the subtitles, but the action messages. Hard to see at times when they tell you what to press.
    Also some of these loading times are long

Brozy wrote: »

Make sure you have the latest update, that was an issue they addressed in an update not long after release. What size tv do you mind me asking?

I've noticed it in a few games recently too, but I game on a 49" and i'm about 5 feet away from it, so it's not usually a problem, and I think developers forget not everyone has a large screen to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Started God of War having heard great things about it. Tried the remaster of 3 when it came free with plus but didn't take to it.

Enjoying it so far although have only played a couple of hours. They do throw a lot at you in terms of upgrades, ruins, moves, lore, etc. but I'll stick with it.

Played that last September, loved it!

Started Shadow of War just before Xmas, loved the first one, this is starting to get slightly repetitive but I think that's more down to myself liking to clear the map fully before moving onto the next map

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

This can be increased in the menus.

• Advertisement

Finished death stranding, probably my favourite game of 2019. Started fallen order, really enjoy it cept the map is an utter headwreck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

TLOU. My first playthrough. Yes, I'm ten years behind everyone else. But wow, amazing game, loving every bit of it. Stunning world, immersive story, fabulous gameplay. All the plaudits it's received are well deserved

JimBurnley wrote: »
    TLOU. My first playthrough. Yes, I'm ten years behind everyone else. But wow, amazing game, loving every bit of it. Stunning world, immersive story, fabulous gameplay. All the plaudits it's received are well deserved
    The dlc while short is great too, glad you're enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

I tried that a couple of months ago and didn't really get in to it, held on to it as I intend to give it another go. I'm definitely the odd one out here!

Just finished Spiderman, loved that from the get go. Really enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Really enjoying it but wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew?

I'm over 30 hours in and there's so much of the map I haven't been to yet - mission-wise it's hard to tell but it doesn't feel like I'm near completion -
    I've met the mother and am about to head home to Sparta with her.

I will stick with it for a while - my major problem is, I don't have the luxury of playing for hours and hours every week - what with wife, kids and other interests - so if I have another 40 or 50 hours to go it will take me months to complete.

It is certainly a fantastic game though. Had played a bit of Black Flag before but got frustrated and gave up on it - I find this one so much better - maybe just a little too large and long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

If you stick only to the main story you'll fly through it pretty quick. If you get side tracked with other stuff then yes, definitely months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

It on a list to start!
    Have origins to complete also still!!

Went back on the recommendation of this thread to do the last of Us DLC which i forgot completely about.

Sitting down to play Overcooked alot of evenings with herself is just great fun at the minute.
    Have picked up God of War and Resident Evil 2, they will get a look in at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Really enjoying it but wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew?

I'm over 30 hours in and there's so much of the map I haven't been to yet - mission-wise it's hard to tell but it doesn't feel like I'm near completion -
    I've met the mother and am about to head home to Sparta with her.

I will stick with it for a while - my major problem is, I don't have the luxury of playing for hours and hours every week - what with wife, kids and other interests - so if I have another 40 or 50 hours to go it will take me months to complete.

It is certainly a fantastic game though. Had played a bit of Black Flag before but got frustrated and gave up on it - I find this one so much better - maybe just a little too large and long.
    I find it's quantity over quality with Odyssey, you can grind and grind but never fully engage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Alien Isolation (PS3)
    Last PS3 game before I sell it and loving it, but omg those bugs are sooo annoying.
    Typical I find a game I really love and its bugged to heck!!

i would buy it on PS4 but for some reason its like nearly 40 euro???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Alien Isolation (PS3)
    Last PS3 game before I sell it and loving it, but omg those bugs are sooo annoying.

It often goes on sale. Think I got it for maybe a tenner! Terrific game!

Alien Isolation (PS3)

If you ever get the opportunity, try it in VR. Pant-****ting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Currently playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. I loved the other games and played them on the PC when they came out a few years back. Also have Gran Turismo Sport installed but it hasn't had much of a look in.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I find it's quantity over quality with Odyssey, you can grind and grind but never fully engage

I disagree, even with getting side tracked I was hooked up until I finished the main story. I had about 67 hours at that stage, put in a few more to kill off the cult and mercenaries, but put it down then and only went back to it a couple of months ago to Platinum it, and still have all the DLC to play. Over 100 hours now, I was definitely engaged!

Lately losing time on Cities: Skylines, stupid game with it's constant small little endorphin producing moments... Aside from that, stuck into Modern Warfare (Dom only really) and jumping in and out of Just Cause 4, but not really liking what they did with the upgrade/unlock system.

Bought a PSVR a couple of weeks ago. Finished Astro Bot, starting on Moss tonight.

Bought a PSVR a couple of weeks ago. Finished Astro Bot, starting on Moss tonight.

Astro Bot is incredible. That underwater level :D

• Advertisement

AB is my favourite PSVR game. I smiled from start to finish, an absolute joy. You've reminded me to get my arse into gear and play Moss too, currently sitting in my backlog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Astrobot, Moss and Ghost Giant all the same idea in a why but wonderful games.

Carly and the reaper man looks like one to pic up and play with a friend.

AB is my favourite PSVR game. I smiled from start to finish, an absolute joy.
    Same. Reminded me a lot of playing Super Mario Galaxy.
    coolisin wrote: »
    Astrobot, Moss and Ghost Giant all the same idea in a why but wonderful games.

Carly and the reaper man looks like one to pic up and play with a friend.

Ghost Giant was on my radar already. Have it wishlisted.

Had never heard of Carly and the Reaperman, so thanks for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

I disagree, even with getting side tracked I was hooked up until I finished the main story. I had about 67 hours at that stage, put in a few more to kill off the cult and mercenaries, but put it down then and only went back to it a couple of months ago to Platinum it, and still have all the DLC to play. Over 100 hours now, I was definitely engaged!

Lately losing time on Cities: Skylines, stupid game with it's constant small little endorphin producing moments... Aside from that, stuck into Modern Warfare (Dom only really) and jumping in and out of Just Cause 4, but not really liking what they did with the upgrade/unlock system.

I finished it the other evening, think I'm at level 74 and had 150 odd hours put into it, completed the cultists but still over 45% to do, wont go back to it, found the last few hours a bit of a chore to get through and it's fairly repetitive.

Started Days Gone this evening, just at the garage part now, it's really hooked me, the stealthy aspects I love, probably after spending so much time stealth killing in ACO.

I finished it the other evening, think I'm at level 74 and had 150 odd hours put into it, completed the cultists but still over 45% to do, wont go back to it, found the last few hours a bit of a chore to get through and it's fairly repetitive.

Started Days Gone this evening, just at the garage part now, it's really hooked me, the stealthy aspects I love, probably after spending so much time stealth killing in ACO.

I found giving Odyssey a break was a good call, allowed me to Plat it and I will eventually start/finish the DLC. And opposite to you, I tried Days Gone and just couldn't get into it. Not sure how far I got, but just didn't click with me.

I found giving Odyssey a break was a good call, allowed me to Plat it and I will eventually start/finish the DLC. And opposite to you, I tried Days Gone and just couldn't get into it. Not sure how far I got, but just didn't click with me.

Same. Just could not get into it at all. I can't quite say why; it just felt "limp". Didn't like the main character, and many of the quests were just boring and felt like a chore. I might try it again this weekend, but I think I'll trade it.

I'll play it again when it's on PS+!

Horizon Zero Dawn. Only a couple of hours in but loving it so far. Gameplay not a million miles from AC Odyssey which is one of my top games in last few years

Playing the metro exodus dlc, newest one sams story was great, trying 2 colonels now. It worked out cheaper to get the special edition and play dlc then cex trade than buying dlc on its own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

Just finished Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Holy sh1t, that was one scary but extremely fun experience. Don't have the pspro but it still looked and played great. Probably my best gaming experience to date ( I'm nearly 50)

Advertisement