Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Starting Last of Us for the first time tonight. Embarrassing to say I bought it on PS Store couple of years ago and never played it.

I hope you enjoy it and I'd you do defo do the dlc left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Last of Us Part 2 will be a day one purchase for me, and I NEVER pay full price for games, always wait for price to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played a few games of Apex Legends with the new map. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Even won a match!

Played a small bit of burnout paradise until I got a blue screen of death for some reason.

I finished of by playing about an hour of Power Rangers battle for the grid. The most fun in a fighting game I’ve had in ages. 3v3 MvC’esque gameplay. Crazy bull**** all over the place. If you like fighting games buy this game.

Ps I’ve no interest in power rangers as a series, never got into it so this one is winning out by pure mad gameplay for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've just finished the main story and all side quests in Gravity Rush 2. Just the challenges and miscellaneous trophies to get.

I absolutely oved the original game on the Vita but I definitely didn't enjoy this one as much as the original. Most of the main story missions are fun but the side quests are tedious and boring. I think the gameplay was more suited to a shorter game. Really disappointing as it's on my 'to play' list for a while.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I've just finished the main story and all side quests in Gravity Rush 2. Just the challenges and miscellaneous trophies to get.

I absolutely oved the original game on the Vita but I definitely didn't enjoy this one as much as the original. Most of the main story missions are fun but the side quests are tedious and boring. I think the gameplay was more suited to a shorter game. Really disappointing as it's on my 'to play' list for a while.

I bought it ages ago and didn’t play it. Like you I loved the first one.

That said the controls were a bit hit and miss at times. Did they fix that with the second game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Loved playing GTA 5 but it was years ago and on the PC. I don't get to play the PC anymore so bought the game for the PS4 and have started back into it. I'm really looking forward to getting sucked back into that world again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got Divinity Original Sin 2, which is not my kind of game but I'm liking it. My problem is I'm maybe 10 hours in and want to restart to fix some glaring errors I made initially. I'm putting it off as long as I can as I know I'll makes some more howlers soon or already have but don't know it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Currently playing the second DLC for Spider-Man (Turf Wars). I don't get much time to play PS4, so this game has kept me busy for months now, still not bored of it. One thing I have noticed, the DLC combat difficulty feels noticeably harder, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, although some of the hideout missions get very difficult... I've 100% on the main game and first DLC, on my way to 100% for the entire thing now, which will make me happy.

Uncharted 3, really enjoying it, it's got some great character interaction, puzzles and intrigue. I'm 2/3 way through and I feel 2 is better but maybe that's just the massive step up from 1 to 2 and great set pieces, still it's a joy. I got death stranding ordered but part of me wants to go straight into 4

Edit: cancelled death stranding, ordered uncharted 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Assassins Creed Odyssey. My first ever AC, just got on the boat with Barnabis after clearing the first island. Loving it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Assassins Creed Odyssey. My first ever AC, just got on the boat with Barnabis after clearing the first island. Loving it so far.

Oh she opens up seriously after that! You're in for a treat, runner up to my GOTY last year. It's probably the least assissiney AC game, but that's not an issue! I'd recommend Black Flag after that one, won't be quite as good, but my god it's the best pirate game I've ever played. My second favorite AC after Odyssey.

Anyway, I bought Medievil on a whim. It's meh. Combat is shocking, no flow or anything to it, just mash square and circle. Keep forgetting I've a shield, not that it really matters.

Good looking game, but they should have updated the combat while they were at it. I can't recommend it right now...

Giving Nioh a lash for the past hour. Only got to the second pray station yolk to save.

My heart is in my mouth playing it. Don’t know how anyone plays these games for more than an hour or so at a time.

The start feels a bit easier than bloodborne which I just couldn’t get into at all even though I loved the look of the game.

We’ll see how I feel in another few hours of gameplay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just starting Alice: Madness Returns on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just finished Batman Arkham Knight, really enjoyed it, looking forward to playing its DLCs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah Batman Arkham Knight is a cool game. Really sets up a cool atmosphere with the city. Feels cold, dark, wet and bare. But bare in a good way. As everyone is meant to have been evacuated.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just starting Alice: Madness Returns on PS3

Ah that's a great game iirc. Very different, and again, iirc, not for kids! Definitely would warrant a re-master for PS4!

Still working through it. Prefer it over the first one anyway. Crashed once but no progress lost. I think a sequel was announced or at least being talked about

I must give it another go sometime, I do remember being impressed with it. And there should be a sequel, announced in Jan of this year by AmericaMcGee, Alice: Asylum will be a prequel to the first 2. There's a teaser with some artwork, and a 2+ hour update video from last week. Don't think there's any spoilers in the teaser, but I'd still be wary until you've finished Madness Returns.

Just finished it and letting the credits run. Wow they're slow!
    Really enjoyed it over all. Took my time exploring. Didn't find everything but did pretty well I think. Only missed about 10 out of about 90 memories. Overall completion 94%

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just finished it and letting the credits run. Wow they're slow!
    Really enjoyed it over all. Took my time exploring. Didn't find everything but did pretty well I think. Only missed about 10 out of about 90 memories. Overall completion 94%

Impressive to complete the game in one go like that in 4 days. I wish I could do that to my backlog :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Feeling quite bereft, finished spider-man's DLC last night, so that game is now 100% completed, all missions, extras and trophies. I don't get much time to play, so I've had this on the go for months now.

The question is what to move onto... Part of me is thinking rdr2, or something else cheap on ps store, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

dulpit wrote: »
    Feeling quite bereft, finished spider-man's DLC last night, so that game is now 100% completed, all missions, extras and trophies. I don't get much time to play, so I've had this on the go for months now.

The question is what to move onto... Part of me is thinking rdr2, or something else cheap on ps store, any suggestions?

I’m planning on starting rdr2 any day now , I’m just wary of the missable trophies as I try to get as many platinums as I can (20 so far). I’ll just take my time, I’ll also go back and clean up the dlc and last few trophies on Spider-Man

I'd usually go for something small after completing an epic game.

You might burn out taking on too many huge games in sequence.

So I recently completed Metal Gear Solid on my PS Classic, took about 16 hours.. but then went for something that was only 3-4 hours... felt good to clear that off the backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

must be difficult adjusting to not being a superhero anymore, it's like Suoerman 2 all over again

Just started Spider-man.
    Turns out I haven't played the PS4 since God of War in February.

Just finished Wolfenstein young blood, overall 3/5, enjoying aspects of it but terrible dialogue and side mission and main mission interaction. I started into death stranding, I still have very little idea as to what the game is but it is definitely a relaxing beautiful play. Alternating death stranding with uncharted lost legacy. The PS4 is an impressive machine graphically but also the scope and variety of games is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Decided to give Need for Speed Heat ago. Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thinking of going back to by Playstation Classic mini and was wondering does anyone have any links to a list of Bin/Cue files for games and how to put them on a USB ?? PM if cant do it public

Jedi Fallen Order

• Advertisement

Tried to start the Legend of Kay Anniversary from PS Now last night. Got about 20 minutes into and the lead characters voice was doing my head in. Kudos they got an actual child to voice a child like character, but they could at least have got one that can act. So, so bad. Didn't even get far enough to get a trophy from it.

I'm lost as to what to play though. I do want to play that Vampire one, but I want it to be good and I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind right now. Got fed up of Tokyo Xanadu EX+, too much mulling and not enough action.

I did Platinum AC: Odyssey though, so that seems like an achievement, and a thoroughly enjoyable one.

Advertisement