Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The mame of shame

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

you know what... I would turn this into a mini bar stand. then it would be awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

BGOllie wrote: »
    you know what... I would turn this into a mini bar stand. then it would be awesome!

At least you'd have plenty of space for bottles.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Hehe I saw hat in the MAME Arcade Cabinet Builders group on Facebook too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,249 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This thread is slowly killing me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

eddhorse wrote: »

HAHA spotted that earlier and thought "mame of shame for boards.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

made this for twitter but the boot fits

Dnjv4cfX0AALD0d.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Missing squares ...

Control panel the size of the flight deck of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.

Raspberry Pi Inside

Button are inevitably illuminated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

HAHA spotted that earlier and thought "mame of shame for boards.ie"

In his defence it seems to be for playing sf v on rather than real mame stuff. Also..beer holder! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

45079007_10156389903064818_2633482313056387072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=78f0ee91d9c83e320011372d867b24bd&oe=5C4B74A8

Man the monitor is so far back! That annoys me the most about it as it would be annoying to play. You can tell I'm about practically over aesthetics! :P

Master of the Universe

Feck the screen, look at that Aggressors of Dark Kombat bezel!

Someone actually went to the effort of printing out a bezel with one of the most boring and mundane Neo Fighters, sat there with a scissors going 'DERP DERP DERP' and not only cut the game logo off, but the dudes head.

They then took the bezel, placed it on the arcade machine, stood back and thought, 'Wow, I'm actually a design god, I better post a picture of this online'

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feck the screen, look at that Aggressors of Dark Kombat bezel!

Someone actually went to the effort of printing out a bezel with one of the most boring and mundane Neo Fighters, sat there with a scissors going 'DERP DERP DERP' and not only cut the game logo off, but the dudes head.

They then took the bezel, placed it on the arcade machine, stood back and thought, 'Wow, I'm actually a design god, I better post a picture of this online'

i thought it was Aggressors of Dark KoMortal Kombat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I dread to think what happened to the candy next door to the wretched NeoMoKo chimera.

tumblr_o1lstoNiVi1t0gmsbo1_500.gif
    Stick a 300 in 1 into that.  And some led joysticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Doge wrote: »
    Man the monitor is so far back! That annoys me the most about it as it would be annoying to play. You can tell I'm about practically over aesthetics! :P

That reminds me of the really old arcade machines that had physical shooting gallery or target type games set that far back behind the glass. (Missing the little metal gun on the control panel obviously)

It's a monstrosity anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Hmmmm....

469273.jpeg

Master of the Universe

Really would love to know what four player game he has that needs six buttons per player.

Or maybe it's just in case you have a really smelly friend over, so you can both stand and play Street Fighter 2 from opposite ends of the aircraft carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That trackball placement 10/10

• Advertisement

So much counter-top!
    I mean, after a dose of Pledge, you'd be slipping and sliding all over the place.
    The trackball placement must have been recommended by a chiropractor looking to drum up business.

Its getting a lot of praise on the group too, probably by the same people that sneer at the Arcade1Up cabs on there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2370133573/10158094538553574/?comment_id=10158097517363574&notif_id=1546458535840100&notif_t=group_comment_follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Not sure if this was already posted, but this abomination was in a magazine - I can't make out what they did for the control panel....

Master of the Universe

The silver monitor bezel really sets it off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The WiFi antenna held in with masking tape really sets it off

safetyboy wrote: »

I don't mind Ikea hacks, as long they are clearly flagged as same, and I'm speaking as someone who built one!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't mind Ikea hacks, as long they are clearly flagged as same, and I'm speaking as someone who built one!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHFaxClHaI/

Jaaaaysuuus.....

• Advertisement

"Here, theres a bang of dirty socks off your arcade cabinet!"
    "Should be, it's also a laundry basket!"

there is some classics on his insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrpAOqvF1eH/

wtf lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Is it wrong that I like that. As a Nes cabinet , not an arcade cab.

that needs to be painted bright gloss yellow, so it'd look like a lego arcade table

there is some classics on his insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrpAOqvF1eH/

wtf lol

I'm torn as there's some great content there but he seems like a bit of a red pill alt right arsehole though. Its the SkullMonkeys conundrum.

Dr Bob wrote: »
    that needs to be painted bright gloss yellow, so it'd look like a lego arcade table

needs some ronseal varnish tbh

Just saw this on reddit: https://redd.it/anrx81

deadl0ck wrote: »

That literally looks like a **** and sushi table

Master of the Universe

Hahaha wtf, that button layout just reminds me of Phil Collins.

41a8LysiKPL._SX425_.jpg

• Advertisement

"This is genius and exactly what I want to pull off. It's like a simple, understated pedestal."

Americans :rolleyes:

one more from reddit
    nv2C9Yr.jpg

One can enjoy a nice glass of sherry while admiring my Hyperspin front-end....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Love the wood bat tops :cool:

I particularly like the wheels so that it can also double up as a hostess trolley to serve food AND impress your friends at the same time - this is how arcade games were originally meant to be played

I particularly like the wheels so that it can also double up as a hostess trolley to serve food AND impress your friends at the same time - this is how arcade games were originally meant to be played

mkzXO4.gif

It would have been far more effective if the stuff on the lower shelf had of been hidden away somehow, under the main table perhaps.
    A wooden frame around the LCD, mounted directly on the table top would have been nicer too, I mean, it would still be sh1te, but at least consistent sh1te.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you went in for a colonoscopy and that was in the room, you'd just assume it was part of the equipment.

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you went in for a colonoscopy and that was in the room, you'd just assume it was part of the equipment.

It was an endoscopy, and I thought it was!

Turned out it was the consultant playing Microcosm!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It was an endoscopy, and I thought it was!

Turned out it was the consultant playing Microcosm!

Lol , I actually had one of them done this morning , was awake and got to see the screen while the camera was in and can confirm thats eactly what it looks like ;)

m8n2jx76emk21.jpg
    From a reddit post ..I have no idea what this really is though ...some very niche MAME cab artwork??

Dr Bob wrote: »
    m8n2jx76emk21.jpg
    From a reddit post ..I have no idea what this really is though ...some very niche MAME cab artwork??

Looks fake. Decals are wrong perspective.

• Advertisement
Advertisement