Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSP - Bluetooth Watch Development System €37.50 Delivered [Texas Instruments]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I haven't used the watch but just looked at it there and the time is right on it. Hasn't been charged in about a week and has 3.78v on the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Go mine today. Started to mess around with it this evening. Have a few issues someone might be able to help with

1. When running the firmware flash I get this error "All memory Blank checking............. failed" but the flash finishes out fine. using on a windows 8 machine. will try a windows 7 or xp later

2. In the phone app if I run the test "Calibrate hands to 12:00 (OLED)" the hands do about 1 revolution then stop and the watch seems to reboot

Has anyone seen these issues ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Stokolan wrote: »
    Go mine today. Started to mess around with it this evening. Have a few issues someone might be able to help with

1. When running the firmware flash I get this error "All memory Blank checking............. failed" but the flash finishes out fine. using on a windows 8 machine. will try a windows 7 or xp later

2. In the phone app if I run the test "Calibrate hands to 12:00 (OLED)" the hands do about 1 revolution then stop and the watch seems to reboot

Has anyone seen these issues ?

1. When running the flashing software, untick the "Blank Check" on the right hand side.

2. No idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Mine started to work all of a sudden, the led's didn't work at all when I got it. But now they are gone again. I've put new firmware on it and had it working fine so I reckon it will be fine once you have the time and patience to play with it.
    I've no android phone anymore though so if anyone wants it, you can have it for €15(this is just to cover postage-provided it covers it obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

bidiots wrote: »
    Mine started to work all of a sudden, the led's didn't work at all when I got it. But now they are gone again. I've put new firmware on it and had it working fine so I reckon it will be fine once you have the time and patience to play with it.
    I've no android phone anymore though so if anyone wants it, you can have it for €15(this is just to cover postage-provided it covers it obviously)

Yes please :)

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Throw me a pm with your details and I'll get in touch on Monday it thats ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Pique wrote: »
    There's also settings for some things called RST,
    NMI and SSP(Beta) which I have no idea about.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23413552&postcount=51

Throw me a pm with your details and I'll get in touch on Monday it thats ok?

Just got it \o/ - cheers bidiots - lot of catching up to do on you guys now...

First off - both screens are indeed all dark... there is something there but unreadable - what do you normally do to get the backlight?

Is it supposed to come on when you press a button - or is it always on?

ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

ozmo wrote: »

First off - both screens are indeed all dark... there is something there but unreadable - what do you normally do to get the backlight?

ta.

There isn't a back light as such, the two screens are oled. There is a brightness setting for the top and bottom, you access this by pulling out the middle button like you were setting a watch (and indeed this is how you also set the hands manually).

It is designed to come on when you press a button. As I said in an earlier post, my inclination is to forget about the middle button functionality (widgets etc.) and instead just use it as a notification at a glance device - it is really good at that and a great bargain at 38e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just for those waiting on refunds, I got a PayPal email confirming the refund. Fair play to them, no messing around

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »

ta.
    It was like that when I got it first, then I charged if for a while, flashed it, left it on the desk for awhile because I couldn't get it to work, then came back the following day and the lights were showing. Whether its a case of choosing a different firmware or whipping it against the desk, im not sure....

It was like that when I got it first, then I charged if for a while, flashed it, left it on the desk for awhile because I couldn't get it to work, then came back the following day and the lights were showing. Whether its a case of choosing a different firmware or whipping it against the desk, im not sure....

Looked like it could have been fun to play with - but this one is a gonner - was really dim but no lights at all now - still alive as it responds to PC (accepts firmwares - resets etc. ) - but no lights at all.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

I've had the watch for a few weeks now, and in general, I really like it.
    BUT!!!
    It's just stopped charging in the last few days.
    The green light is on on the clip and seems fine, but battery level continues to drop.
    I've tried changing cable just in case, but voltage is dropping and it's about to go permanently, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone had any suggestions.

One of the pins on the back, the 4th one counting away from the Metawatch logo is beginning to look discolored, and I'm wondering if there's a problem with the internal battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Started to have the same problem I wonder if reflashing will fix it

I haven't tried a reflash yet. I don't normally keep a windows machine around, so it's a bit of a journey to run the flasher.
    Have you noticed the same kind of discolouration I'm seeing on the charging pins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yes, but I suspect it's due to the accumulation of sweat and other detritus.

The kind of discoloration I'm seeing after a few weeks would mean a terrible design and choice of materials.
    I'm still thinking it might be some chemical issue from inside.
    Update though, a clean with some (non metallic) scrubbing pad, and it's charged again,
    so I might just need to add checking for the charging icon to the process of plugging it in.
    Thanks for the feedback, and good luck with your own watch!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone has one of these they no longer want I would like to buy it please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I used mine for the first 2 weeks and then went back to my normal watch so send me a PM jonny24ie :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Elbow wrote: »
    I used mine for the first 2 weeks and then went back to my normal watch so send me a PM jonny24ie :D

Ah elbow you leg-end PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭daddy_boy

have one for sale http://www.adverts.ie/4283112

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I've one too if anyone wants one, don't have the time to play with it, or post it on adverts for that matter. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bluecmd

Hi!

If anybody is bored with this I'm looking at buying it from you, PM me!

EDIT: Wow, that was quick! I have all the offers I need now, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

has anyone managed to find a 'hello world' tutorial to push a test message from an android phone to the watch? i'm looking to use the watch to display he pedometer stats that are on m phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Anyone one is bored with his? I might buy it off you. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yo M, I have one of these somewhere.... let me have a look for it

EDIT: Actaully... I bought a different watch off them, not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i would be interested in one aswell if some one has one lying around.

Advertisement