Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭McFly85

Well, that was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Very disappointing i must say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is the Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade just just for PS5

No mention of it going anywhere else.
    May find out more when the exclusive deal is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Watched it late and was able to fast forward through it pretty quickly.
    Looking at this and last week's Direct 2021 is looking like a really underwhelming year and studios are feeling the Covid pinch. Nothing they showed was outright bad but there was like 1 game that was new and that didn't even have a release date. I'm left wondering why did they even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Quite like the look of Oddworld so delighted that's gonna be a freebie.

Kena and Deathloop both look cool, but not convinced if that will come through to the gameplay yet.

Returnal I'm getting Control vibes off, no bad thing.

Never took to the FF games so a remake of a remake is a bit meh for me.

One of the first games shown, Ash something, seems almost identical to the Pathless which I'm playing and enjoying at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Has the frame rate drop issues, fan speed, and chug on Star wars the fallen order been addressed from the change up to PS5? There's a marked improvement on Control with those same issues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oddworld soulstorm has been in development for ages, surprised its coming as a freebie to ps+. Not sure how I feel about it being different to odyssey but I'll give it a play.

klose wrote: »
    Oddworld soulstorm has been in development for ages, surprised its coming as a freebie to ps+. Not sure how I feel about it being different to odyssey but I'll give it a play.

Agreed, I thought it looked great but resigned myself to playing it when it's an older title and on sale. Nice to see it as the April freebie so I'll definitely be giving it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pretty decent haul for PS Plus next month:

FFVII Remake PS4
    Farpoint (PSVR)
    Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)
    Maquette (PS5)

Leaked early by the official PS Netherlands FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hugely disappointed in the PS5 overall tbh, they really should of had a much better lineup of launch titles.

~Just playing upgraded old games, if it was not for my little lad playing R6 and Apex the unit would not even be turned on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hugely disappointed in the PS5 overall tbh, they really should of had a much better lineup of launch titles.

~Just playing upgraded old games, if it was not for my little lad playing R6 and Apex the unit would not even be turned on.

The ps4 was the same at launch, a couple of months now and there will be aa far greater selection of games out and to look forward to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭joficeduns1

I'd say COVID royally fleutured a lot of development time for launch titles. It's odd that progress has been so slow unless that's the reason. I've a sizeable backlog anyway so not too bothered but can definitely understand more experienced player's frustration.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I must say I'm loving the Control upgrade. I gave up on it on the ps4 due to performance issues. So that sort of stuff is covering me for now. Also I imagine the pandemic threw off release schedules in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm really happy with PS5 to be honest, the upgrade on the regular games I play regardless has made it worthwhile for me, got rid of the Pro the day I got the PS5 to a friend dirt cheap also...

I've always been an early adopter though regardless...

I only have a few actual PS5 games, Demon Soul's Miles Morales and MK11....

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Rumour has it the SSD slot will be unlocked this summer along with an update to increase the fan speed to compensate for the extra heat.

WD’s SN850 hasn’t seen any price drop since being announced around October last year and it’s still €270 for 1TB which is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doubt heat from the SSD will be an issue, most of them are passively cooled without a heatsink or any direct airflow around them and NAND likes to be relatively hot.

Someone could put a heatsink on the drive as there's plenty of room in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Kimbot wrote: »
    For anyone looking the Arctis 7X is back in stock on the steelseries website.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7x

Looking at headsets, why are people buying 7x when 7p were made for ps5 of is that marketing bull??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

padair wrote: »
    Looking at headsets, why are people buying 7x when 7p were made for ps5 of is that marketing bull??

The X works wirelessly with the Xbox, Switch, PC, PS4, Stadia Android and on PS5.

If you get the P they won't work with Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

padair wrote: »

The 7p won't work wireless on xbox so if you have an xbox or plans to get one then the 7x is the way to go. They are essentially the exact same headset just different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I like the look of kena.

I've just noticed that this won't be a full priced game; €40 on both PS Store and Epic for the standard edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Dankarl

Hi, looking for help. Have transferred the data from PS4, how do I get the games I had downloaded on the PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dankarl wrote: »
    Hi, looking for help. Have transferred the data from PS4, how do I get the games I had downloaded on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I've just noticed that this won't be a full priced game; €40 on both PS Store and Epic for the standard edition.

It is probably due to it being the first game from Ember Lab and more of a pet project from a very small team.

The reason it looks so good is because Sparx* has been outsourced to do all the aesthetics for it, I feel it will end up being a very style over substance game.

Brought back my Dual Sense Controller to Argos today,had gotten my PS5 off them and tried to get my controller replaced. They wouldnt take it. I was told to contact sony regarding this issue. People who have gone threw the Sony route,what exactly was involved.
    P.s
    The issue i have with my controller is the R2 button. Works 4 out of 10 times i press it in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Brought back my Dual Sense Controller to Argos today,had gotten my PS5 off them and tried to get my controller replaced. They wouldnt take it. I was told to contact sony regarding this issue. People who have gone threw the Sony route,what exactly was involved.
    P.s
    The issue i have with my controller is the R2 button. Works 4 out of 10 times i press it in general.

Go back to Argos

They have to replace it. Sony is a fob off

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Go back to Argos

They have to replace it. Sony is a fob off

Yeah i will probs go back to them.i have reserved a controller there and is available till the 8th of March. Ill go back to them again and make sure i get it that time.i just had no fight in me today to stand my ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I had to fight with Harvey Norman to return my DualSense. They finally gave it to me.

I understand their point, I didn't buy the controller on it's own, it came with a console. If any part of that breaks they should replace the entire product.

That said, it is their responsibility to get it fixed or replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Loving the loading times. The speed at which you can go from rest mode to resuming your game makes me smile every time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, it was worth it alone for the loading times really, but also as much for the quietness. Coming from a very loud Pro, it's night and day difference. Even though my super sensitive ears seem to pick up a very low whine, I think it's operational and no one else could hear it.

But, playing older games with the PS5 updates is also good. No Mans Sky runs smooth and looks amazing, and it really benefits from the load times. It's sometimes near instant to warp, and the longest I've waited is about 25 seconds when using a portal to get back to a base planet, compared to upwards of a minute it used to take.

It also let me play Astro's Playroom, which was genuinely one of the gaming highlights of the last few years, especially if you've been with PS since the first one. Aside from being an amazing nostalgia trip, it was one of the most fun platformers I've played in recent years, helped massively by the potential of the series. I think PS have a new mascot, and I hope we get big things from it. Seeing as Japan Studio is getting smaller and focusing on Astro, I'm hopeful for something really good.

The controller, the DualSense. It really is something special, and what sound like minor improvements over the previous rumble tech turns out to be a genuine leap in controller feedback. The adaptive triggers are really good, better than the Xbox One controller, but will require serious consideration in order to be utilised properly. Astro showed how to do it, and it's very obvious between proper implementation and last minute addition. But when it works, it works. And feeling the rumble all over, from different directions and at the same time, I'm a sucker for immersion, and this is the most immersive standard controller I've used yet.

The look has grown on me too. While I'll still be the first in line for a black DS and black faceplates, I do like the look of it even in white now. It's a big ole thing, but it stands proud, as it should imo. We're still very early, I can't wait to see what this beast can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hi just wondering what all of you are thinking of the ps5 so far?
    Has it lived up to your expectations?

Went from a day one base ps4 to ps5 so needless to say the main positives are the loading times and how quiet it is, the ps4 was so loud and this one is whisper quiet. The dual sense is an amazing piece of kit too, can certainly se why some people might wait till there's more of a backlog of games, at the moment I'm playing fifa, call of duty and god of war (oh the ps collection you get with the ps5 and ps+ is awesome too) so none of those games are really showing off its true power but they are a nice upgrade on ps4 versions all the same.

Advertisement