Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

https://download.pwc.com/ie/budget-2020/income-tax-calculator.html

This seems to cover the majority of tax credits. Do not enter a pension contribution, instead put 723 in the anual pension contribution box if it is your first year. The salary is 24104. If people could post their results without disclosing their details if they don't want to we could work out a range.

So far I've checked take home for a single person with no children or other tax credits is €397, a single person with one child and no other tax credits is €423. I don't think it will get higher than that as they are paying no income tax, just USC and PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭minnow

If selected for CO position, is it possible to take it on a job sharing basis? If not straight away, how long before you can request job sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

minnow wrote: »
    If selected for CO position, is it possible to take it on a job sharing basis? If not straight away, how long before you can request job sharing?

You can request after one year

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

minnow wrote: »

I wouldn't bank on it. I know some offices allow it after a year or so, in other offices you could be waiting years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

yenom wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on it. I know some offices allow it after a year or so, in other offices you could be waiting years.

All offices do flexitime ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Not all but the vast majority

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Does anyone know when the results from the questionnaire will be out? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

It was mentioned earlier I believe that emails would be sent out mid April.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

No

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Gumbi wrote: »
    It was mentioned earlier I believe that emails would be sent out mid April.

I'd reckon if there not out by this Friday it probably be the Friday after. Since there's bank Holidays and holy days I'd reckon results will be either before or just after Easter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

If you end up on a public counter then you don't have much flexibility. If you have to be on a welfare counter for nine, well you couldn't be coming in at ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

yenom wrote: »
    If you end up on a public counter then you don't have much flexibility. If you have to be on a welfare counter for nine, well you couldn't be coming in at ten.

I don't think there is flexi-time if you get a Garda station.
    Even some sections of Agri have flexi, and some do not, even thought they are in the same building.
    The people without flexi have more annual leave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm wondering for those people placed in places without flexitime what is the number of hours in the working day ?

I'm aware in flexitime situations the working day is 7hrs and 24mins, is it the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

If your successful, whats the story with job offers. Example, I've 5 plus years in a accounts department, but no customer service experience per the questions we filled out. Do they try and match your skill set to what jobs they need filled, or is it simply your no. Whatever on the panel, your taking next job regardless of your skillset ?

If your successful, whats the story with job offers. Example, I've 5 plus years in a accounts department, but no customer service experience per the questions we filled out. Do they try and match your skill set to what jobs they need filled, or is it simply your no. Whatever on the panel, your taking next job regardless of your skillset ?

As far as I'm aware it's your numbers up and matched with whatever post is available in your region, no skillset matching per say.

They actually dont give a #&#@ what experience you have. As above its when your number is next thats what you get. And the manager you get allocated to will know your name and thats it, they wont even have seen your application form. I get frustrated with certain things at work and am told "but you dont know how its done," yes i do. I might only be here a year but i spent 20 years working at the exact issue i am commenting on.
    Rant over. I am CO but have applied for 2020 in order to move locations.

tringle wrote: »
    They actually dont give a #&#@ what experience you have. As above its when your number is next thats what you get. And the manager you get allocated to will know your name and thats it, they wont even have seen your application form. I get frustrated with certain things at work and am told "but you dont know how its done," yes i do. I might only be here a year but i spent 20 years working at the exact issue i am commenting on.
    Rant over. I am CO but have applied for 2020 in order to move locations.

Agreed, I was one too off the 2016 campaign but left for medical reasons combined with commute/location. I had also done the 2018 campaign but it didn't suit with treatment starting. I've applied again in the hope that if and when my number comes round I'll be in a better condition.

You're totally right about doing the new campaign for change of location, it's quicker than waiting for mobility, what region are you currently in and what are you hoping for out of curiosity ?

Best of luck too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

When would u have an idea of where the job position is based and what sector? Before or after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any update on the number of applicants, or will that be released with the results?

LilacNails wrote: »
    When would u have an idea of where the job position is based and what sector? Before or after interview?

Not even after interview, as already said, you will get whatever role becomes available as your number has been reached.

• Advertisement

LilacNails wrote: »
    You will get a phone call asking if you are still interested in taking up the post, and when you affirm that you are, you will be told which department you have been assigned to.
    You will get the contract to sign and return, and provide your bank details.
    You can request that your manager-to-be phones you with details of your duties, but they may or may not.
    Typically get a message that you'll be "data inputting" or whatever.
    You will agree a starting date, and be advised to turn up at 9am or whatever.
    As a CO it'll take the most of a week to get you computer access, photo ID swipe, email address etc, etc.
    There are computer security and GDPR courses with multiple choice answers that you must pass before you have any access to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 positivepenny

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    You will get a phone call asking if you are still interested in taking up the post, and when you affirm that you are, you will be told which department you have been assigned to.
    You will get the contract to sign and return, and provide your bank details.
    You can request that your manager-to-be phones you with details of your duties, but they may or may not.
    Typically get a message that you'll be "data inputting" or whatever.
    You will agree a starting date, and be advised to turn up at 9am or whatever.
    As a CO it'll take the most of a week to get you computer access, photo ID swipe, email address etc, etc.
    There are computer security and GDPR courses with multiple choice answers that you must pass before you have any access to the system.

If offered a position can you defer a start date?

If offered a position can you defer a start date?

I know they asked me when I'd like to start, and I picked a date 4 weeks later.
    Could have started the following monday if I'd wished.
    Don't know how far out you could stretch it, but they would have to give you time to notify your current boss ( if any) and work out your notice

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Any idea when results out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Any idea when results out?

Mid April. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm wondering for those people placed in places without flexitime what is the number of hours in the working day ?

I'm aware in flexitime situations the working day is 7hrs and 24mins, is it the same ?

9am - 5pm

Take a 36 minute lunch to get your 7.24 minutes.

But you can work up Flexi time outside of these hours then. For example, go into work at 8am and stay until 7pm.

Core hours vary, usually 10am-12pm or 12.30pm and 2pm or 2.30pm to 4pm. You have to be in the building at these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Guffy

shmeee wrote: »
    9am - 5pm

Take a 36 minute lunch to get your 7.24 minutes.

But you can work up Flexi time outside of these hours then. For example, go into work at 8am and stay until 7pm.

Core hours vary, usually 10am-12pm or 12.30pm and 2pm or 2.30pm to 4pm. You have to be in the building at these times.

Is there a clocking system? They're very precise times I mean, how do they keep track of it?

Our building has a clocking system.
    You must take a minimun 30 minutes break for lunch.
    You must clock out and back in again for your lunch break, but you can do this from your desk, with an app on your computer.
    If you want to work through lunch at your desk you can, as long as you click out for the minimum 30 minutes.
    If you fail to take your 30 minutes, you lose two hours.
    You can take this minimum 30 minutes anytime between 12.30 and 2pm.
    You can take the full hour and a half, but obviously you must make up the hour at some stage.
    You can work up 11 hours in a flexi time term (4 weeks) and take that 11 hours as a full day and a half day extra off.
    Frowned upon to take it all the last 2 days of the flexi time term, as this can leave the section understaffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Lost my job in Feb after 27 years. I'm now 46 .will my age go against me in this process.

• Advertisement

Lost my job in Feb after 27 years. I'm now 46 .will my age go against me in this process.

No, they dont care what age you are, what gender, what you look like or anything like that. Its actually a very fair system that way. Well as fair as you can be once people are involved at the interview stage. Im older than you.

A funny aside, a few years ago i applied for and was succesful in getting a job mainly occupied by younger people. 12 of us started together, 9 in teens and early 20s. I went to a new section one day and one of the long term employees in her 30s said to me that it was great to have 3 Women in the new starters, women as in older than the usual. She said she even heard than one was even 50, wasnt that great and fair play to her. I just agreed with her and smirked, cos that was me. Honestly what was she expecting, a grey bun and a zimmer frame.

Advertisement