Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

cintec wrote:
    What tradable packs are you opening?

I was thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

cintec wrote: »
    What tradable packs are you opening?

Rare player pack.

Just had to have a quick game with him and goddamn he’s brilliant.
    Himself and Mbappe in 442 up front just laughed their way through my opponents defense and I’ll be honest ..I haven’t enjoyed playing with a player like this since Zola in Fifa 19 and tots Neymar in Fifa 18.
    He’s selling for just over 6.4 million.
    I could get 94 R9 and CR7 together but I don’t think I’d get as much fun out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

13-15... Not good lol.

Sold both and bought 94 R9 , Prime Vieira and tots Aguero and still a mil left over.
    I’ve had Neymars tots card before and in 11 years of playing Fifa ultimate have never had R9 until today.
    Might as get a chance to use him as this is my last year playing Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    13-15... Not good lol.

Didn't make 14 of course :)

Not too bothered, though. Played them at relaxed mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This fcuking game

DV3fs5n.gif

Well this team has absolutely blown my expectations out of the water

1j6qBbR.png

14-2 Os? Damn you’re definitely the best player on here.

Well the R9 experiment is now over :)
    It confirmed my original experience with his PIM card in draft that he’s a bit clunky this year. I know the elite players use him as his scoop and turn is broken and op as hell but where’s the fun in that.
    Thanks to the EA tax on him around 300k it means I can no longer afford both his tots and Mbappe’s :)
    I can still get his headliners card though and Mbappe’s and toty Kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »
    Thanks to the EA tax on him around 300k .

Wow 300k tax!!!!!! I don’t buy/sell at that level but that is massive - probably more than I have in coins for most of the game

• Advertisement

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Wow 300k tax!!!!!! I don’t buy/sell at that level but that is massive - probably more than I have in coins for most of the game

Yeah it cost me a fortune last year. I reckon I easily spent over 3 mill last year on the EA tax.

And oh yeah.... headliners Neymar??
    It’s not a patch on his tots card. Not ... even....close....
    I had planned to get tots Mbappe, HL Neymar and Prime Vieira who is amazing btw but now it has to be tots Neymar and Vieira.
    I can live without Mbappe until I get him in the sbc or red picks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Today is a year since Liverpool won champions league final v spurs, I feel it’ll be now or never for those of you hoping for the origi card.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Today is a year since Liverpool won champions league final v spurs, I feel it’ll be now or never for those of you hoping for the origi card.

They’ll have to do a premium card for him especially after Moura’s one.

And oh yeah.... headliners Neymar??
    It’s not a patch on his tots card. Not ... even....close....
    I had planned to get tots Mbappe, HL Neymar and Prime Vieira who is amazing btw but now it has to be tots Neymar and Vieira.
    I can live without Mbappe until I get him in the sbc or red picks :)

Where were you playing him? Striker or cam? I have headliner Neymar and use him as cam, find him lethal there, with hunter chem there’s minimal difference stats wise to his tots card.

His tots being a lw makes him hard for me to fit into team but would be curious to try if he’s a big upgrade in game.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Where were you playing him? Striker or cam? I have headliner Neymar and use him as cam, find him lethal there, with hunter chem there’s minimal difference stats wise to his tots card.

His tots being a lw makes him hard for me to fit into team but would be curious to try if he’s a big upgrade in game.

I played both at striker.
    And tots Neymar felt way faster , more agile, better shooting than the HL card.
    It’s why I’m sacrificing Mbappe to buy back Neymars card. Some of his stats has a +6/8 on them over the HL card.

Once thing I’ve noticed odd is that with tots Neymar and Mbappe in my team it was like the overall team got a boost.
    Also had it with R9 and Vieira. I half wonder if EA apply a team stat in game if certain players are in the team as per pro players etc so gameplay is better. It was like I applied a +10 card to all players.

I played both at striker.
    And tots Neymar felt way faster , more agile, better shooting than the HL card.
    It’s why I’m sacrificing Mbappe to buy back Neymars card. Some of his stats has a +6/8 on them over the HL card.

Once thing I’ve noticed odd is that with tots Neymar and Mbappe in my team it was like the overall team got a boost.
    Also had it with R9 and Vieira. I half wonder if EA apply a team stat in game if certain players are in the team as per pro players etc so gameplay is better. It was like I applied a +10 card to all players.

Ah cool, fingers crossed I get some of your ligue 1 pack luck when I start doing ligue 1 upgrades later and get that Neymar.

So I lost 2.1 milll between R9 dropping price and EA taxes.
    Neymar is dropping to 5.75m so hopefully himself and Mbappe will both drop enough so I can buy them back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

First proper WL in months, 15-7. Fairly happy with it but was on a roll yesterday and would've liked to see how far it would've gone. 97 Benzema and 97 Salah just bossed it.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    First proper WL in months, 15-7. Fairly happy with it but was on a roll yesterday and would've liked to see how far it would've gone. 97 Benzema and 97 Salah just bossed it.

By all accounts Benzema is supposed to be a real gem. Every review I’ve read on him all raves about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

EA to resurrect the Gaelic Games football franchise?

https://twitter.com/FUT20News/status/1267410464218243072?s=19

Tried CR7 but it’s still CR7. Clinical efficient etc but boring.
    Dybala actually surprised me, his tots card is damn good as a striker and linked up excellently with CR7.
    Still heading back to Neymar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Played 3 more matches of wl last night and won all 3 to get Gold 3. Only won one of them due to the other guy's ai defender sprinting in front of his keeper and heading it straight into his own net.

Also today is exactly one year since Origi scored the winner in the Champions League final so we'll probably get a Shaqiri sbc at 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nooo, they gave us the ****e player picks for Ligue 1 upgrades :( and no moments Origi.

That Nani SBC card looks great, and only like 90k too. Gonna have to play some players off chem to fit him in my team but cards at this level are fine on 7/8 chem anyway

H6vlBID.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've done 6 of the player picks and got 88 Cavani in the first, Abdelhamid, Aouar and Lala after that. Not bad at all!! I wish I picked Fabio now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Might grab Nani for my United team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Might grab Nani for my United team.

Already have him, he looks awesome :D

The only issue I can see with Nani on the surface is 83 Sprint Speed and 83 Finishing, there is no chem style that gives a significant boost to both of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Done 2 of the Lique 1 upgrades:

1st pack - Sarabia 83
    2nd pack - Niang 77 - best in this pack was an 82 but he was one of 4 duplicates!!!

May chance one more or maybe better off doing the Nani as he will link with my CR7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement