Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great start to the night but nothing after
    Sterling had 97 sig str so very likely that would have landed had it gone 5

always wonder what prices were after an event?
    best prices were

jan pts 10/1
    nunes sub 9/4
    sterling ko/tko/disq 10/1
    rakic pts 13/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Mellor wrote: »
    Had a accumulator on Islam, Nunes, Jan and Petyr Yan. Was pretty pissed at Yan for a silly DQ when he was cruising. But at least it wasn’t the last fight pending.

But logged on to account there, and see I was paid out. With the DQ labelled a void bet. Around half the original return. But free money really.
    Normally wouldn’t aftertime, but just in case anyone else though they lost a bet that was actually paid out.

Nice one. Dq shouldn't be a void as it's a legit option for a fight finish. Fair play though

Mellor wrote: »
    Had a accumulator on Islam, Nunes, Jan and Petyr Yan. Was pretty pissed at Yan for a silly DQ when he was cruising. But at least it wasn’t the last fight pending.

But logged on to account there, and see I was paid out. With the DQ labelled a void bet. Around half the original return. But free money really.
    Normally wouldn’t aftertime, but just in case anyone else though they lost a bet that was actually paid out.

Heh, I just checked there and I did 3 bets, in 2 of them I had 1 up but in the one I did Sterling I had him paired with Blachowicz by KO/TKO so got nothing back. :L

Did anyone back Yan with paddy in a single or multiple bet and have the bet voided?

I backed sterling on pts there but got my money back but yan let a mate down for an accum which was pretty harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

I only do tiny stakes for the laugh, so hadn't checked my PP a/c, my Petr Yan win bet was a loser not voided.

• Advertisement

Went for a lot of decisions tonight for value:

De Paula evens
    Courtney Casey 3.0
    Darren Stewart 2.25
    Matheus Nicloau 3.5
    Dan Ige 2.5
    Leon Edwards evens

And then Davey Grant regular vanilla single at 3.4, they have vaguely similar records, that price looks good.

stewart and edwards for me at around 11/10 or throw in angela hill to make it around 7/4

steward because anders is not ufc standard and hasn't been for a long time, tough and thats about it.
    That split loss to kevin holland looks pretty good now.

If edwards can't beat belal he may as well go to bellator, should outclass belal who isn't in leons league surely but is durable so this could go all the way.

angela hill beat yoder back in 2017, much better fighter now...yoder not so much

like pts on all three also but prices are crap on these

like kape also but maybe on pts at 10/3 lost to pantoja last time where he was simply too inactive...was pretty sore about the loss even if it was deserved so now he gets to make amends
    Tucker pts also 12/5

Probably lots of excess capital after Cheltenham looking for a home in my big priced picks in a run of the mill UFC card:

JP Buys on pts 3.0, flyweight bouts often go to decision
    Montel Jackson on pts 3.75, one of shortest priced fighters on card and at bantamweight I thought points at that price was worth it
    Trevin Giles at evens, looks close on paper too
    Macy Chiasson pts evens, Reneau looks totally past it at 43, lost to poor fighters recently
    Kenan Song pts 6.0, looks a close fight to me, points seems a good bet at that price
    Montserrat Ruiz pts 6.5, both girls are inexperienced, know nothing about them, went for the outsider on pts for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Surprised to see that Stipe is a 5/4 underdog. Seems like he has NGannou's number based on their last fight. I dont' think NGannou has learned how to beat Stipe from K.O.'ing people in the first round.

Tonight's big priced picks:

Barriault has a lot of UFC losses, went with Azaitar at evens even though he hasn't foght in yonks.
    Thought Jared Gooden at 2.88 was a good price.
    Gillian Robertson on pts at 5.5, she looked good up until her last fight.
    Like many people I think, I don't want to see either of Stipe/Francis lose, went for Stipe at 2.1. I backed him first time round at 2.5 when he schooled Francis derailing the hypetrain.

Not a big price but Woodley is a shadow of his former self, so went for Luque at 1.4

Only 10 fights tonight, a weak enough PPV card bar the main event.

• Advertisement

Luque pts 6/4 all I'm seeing so far
    woodley not been finished in almost 9 yrs bar the injury last time and luque not been finished since 2013, should outwork woodley who can't be backed on recent showings

got badly burnt last time with ngannou against stipe, fancy him to come more prepared but the value is with stipe now
    It's one fight I think I'll just be happy to watch

pp going 7/2 on o malley luque and stipe

hard to see past o malley and luque so looks like a decent price. It's a bs ehancement though (2/1 to 7/2) when a lot are around 3/1 but still worth taking imo

Never even looked at Woodley/Luque's records, so took that pts bet, sounds good. As it gets closer to fight time I think I'll be cheering on Francis. Would love to see him win tonight and then take Jon Jones' head clean off his shoulders when they meet.

if stipe manages to take francis down over and over again then the 9/2 stipe
    pts will look huge

feel like I have to have a small bet on that rather than be kicking myself
    tomorrow if it happens

I'd rather lose a small bet on stipe pts rather than the larger bet I had on the francis ko last time

tinpib wrote: »
    Never even looked at Woodley/Luque's records, so took that pts bet, sounds good. As it gets closer to fight time I think I'll be cheering on Francis. Would love to see him win tonight and then take Jon Jones' head clean off his shoulders when they meet.

it's funny my desire to see francis win was putting me off backing stipe

I've always thought stipe was the man to beat jones in the div though but the joy I'd get seeing francis ko jj would be up there with with bisping beating luke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I was all for backing Stipe, and most likely still will, but yesterday I saw that training footage of Francis and was blown away by his leg kicks. Fast and huge power. I wonder is this something new ? Not seen anything mentioned anywhere about his kicks, nor do I remember them in his previous fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Gone for a PP special, Francis to win by KO in round 2 or 3 7/2

I have huge respect for Stipe but if Ngannou makes the right adjustments it’s lights out for the HW Goat

Miranda Maverick (decision)
    Suga Sean (win)
    Luque (win)
    Miocic (win)

10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

The UFC 262 card is out of this world - Thinking about my bets now..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    The UFC 262 card is out of this world - Thinking about my bets now..

The value on Chandler is gone now, was much bigger price when it opened.

Edwards at 2/7 or so seems v short v Nate, but I don't know how Edwards doesn't win.

Is Ferguson totally done? I like Dariush but levels etc and not sure he is close to the level of Justin and Oliviera aka the two guys who have just beaten Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I know it's not MMA but Ben Askren is fighting Jake Paul in a boxing match next week. From what I have seen of Askren, particularly in his match with Maia, his boxing is atrocious. In contrast Paul is a tidy enough boxer. Paul is however around 1.8-1.9 on Betfair. Seems like a really good price unless I am missing something?

• Advertisement

That 4/5 looks like a gift to me.

Early card today, first fight at 430pm. Best advice is to quickly pile into all my big priced picks without thinking:

Arnold Allen has a brillaint record, he can only beat what's put in front of him, so 2.2 looks value

John Makdessi is prob past it but maybe his experience will help here at 2.63

Surprised Mackensie Dern is not fav, took her on pts at 5.0

In the first fight I thought Palatnikov at 3.25 is worth a punt

Neither heavyweight looks great, Danho hasnt fought in 5 years but I don't think his opponent is super dooper, Danho at 3.4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Agree on Arnold Allen and Mackenzie Dern.
    Was surprised both were slight underdogs.

same for dern

I'm surprised she's not favourite

Dern via sub 7/2?

Dern via sub 7/2?

I reckon dern gets her down and wins via sub or dern loses via decision.

Edit: I should have just edited my original comment above

I took 25 on dern by sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dern via sub 7/2?

I would have put a huge amount of money on that if I'd seen it. I'm in Italy currently and I was trying to get on to Paddy Power earlier but it is blocked here :(

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I would have put a huge amount of money on that if I'd seen it. I'm in Italy currently and I was trying to get on to Paddy Power earlier but it is blocked here :(

Yeah the odds seemed very good. I was worried Dern might not be able to get it to the ground

• Advertisement

I know it's not MMA but Ben Askren is fighting Jake Paul in a boxing match next week. From what I have seen of Askren, particularly in his match with Maia, his boxing is atrocious. In contrast Paul is a tidy enough boxer. Paul is however around 1.8-1.9 on Betfair. Seems like a really good price unless I am missing something?

Nothing bigger than 4/7 available now

I'm sorry I didn't keep a closer eye on the market

Advertisement