Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a long visit today from my second cousin, who lives on Achill, and it was great to catch up. Usually we only seem to meet at funerals, so instead of talking about those who are gone we spent much of the day in raptures about our children and grandchildren - what happier conversations can there be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Full licence came in the post today :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My mam asked me did I want McDonald Chips and I said no thanks and she brought me some anyway :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Had a long visit today from my second cousin, who lives on Achill, and it was great to catch up. Usually we only seem to meet at funerals, so instead of talking about those who are gone we spent much of the day in raptures about our children and grandchildren - what happier conversations can there be.

I hope to God I have the relationship with my kids, and possible grandkids, that you seem to have when I get to your age. I really enjoy your posts about them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I hope to God I have the relationship with my kids, and possible grandkids, that you seem to have when I get to your age. I really enjoy your posts about them

I have to agree, genuine joy and contentment just radiates from Srameen’s posts. Really makes me smile.

If I’m half as happy then I’ll have lead a good life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Right the exercise is done for the week so roll on 4pm tomorrow and possibly some FNB's :D Hope this weather continues for the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm having a few TNB's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm having a few TNB's

Good man Ned, keep her lit :D

kfallon wrote:
    Good man Ned, keep her lit

Some see things & wonder why...

Others why not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

during an ASD review meeting today it was decided that a PA wouldn't be suitable for me and I wouldn't have to see a dietician, happy because I didn't want either (nothing against PAs and dietitians)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TH because I think I’ve finally gotten to the end of the crazy amount of work I had to get finished for tomorrow! I’m sure I’ll remember something else in the morning..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Happiness to me, all small things...

Like going into a good bookshop and almost inhaling the atmosphere, pottering about before leaving with a crisp new book (or two) in a bag.

The beautiful weather today. Lovely to see people out and about enjoying the sun.

A lovely hot shower after a long day at work, plus a long commute.

I'm trivially happy :D...oh and tomorrow is Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finished a sewing project!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

It turned on!! Hah! Praise the feicing Lords! I've never been so happy to see Powered by Android or hear that earth-shattering old-style Nokia Doodle-doodle-do no clue how to get rid of, annoying start-up tone in all my life! It's charging away there now at 7%! Not sure if it was the rice that brought it back to life or if it was the result of a fresh un-tired set of hands that pressed in a button exactly the amount of required seconds needed to re-set it. But can only say Rice was worth a try anyway. It may have helped.. Yayyy.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Good neighbours !

TH that tomorrow (today? Now??) is Friday, this week has been so loooooong :o

That I managed to walk the dog early on.

that I have the terrible problem of what to eat today as I have choices..

That the SUN is coming out from behind the old cowshed and will warm the dwelling

🌺 🕊 🌤🌤
    Oh what a beautiful morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

It is a lovely morning :)

I love sleeping with the window open at night.

• Advertisement

Lorelli! wrote: »
    It is a lovely morning :)

I love sleeping with the window open at night.

ah yes..

If I tried that here, Stinkertom would be in and spraying as I slept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Graces7 wrote: »
    ah yes..

"Stinkertom" :D:D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    "Stinkertom" :D:D

lol.. I tried for weeks to name the *******! All kinds of names.... But none kind of fitted, and I tried to think he could not help himself After all he DID live here at one time..

But then I came face to face with him one day and he gave me such a look of sheer hatred,and sprayed MY WASHING..

So Stinkertom he is and Stinkertom he will remain...

However, if I were not living on a small island by now he would simply be Tom.. cannot work a way to get him off without getting caught !

and here he comes, yelling and shouting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going home.

Not sure if it's the weather, the fact that it's Friday, or the lack of sleep, but I am in a ridiculously good mood today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm in the best form I've been in ages, the sun is shining, everyone is happy around and I think the doldrums have lifted.

Naps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7 wrote: »
    ah yes..

Time for Stinkertom to pay a visit to the vet, snip snip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Very Very petty and evil of me but it made me laugh a lot.
    Someone has been playing around for the last 3 months with documents that were due to be submitted for an application. Eventually we expired his application. He comes on the phone today whinging and asking for grace and mercy. I was delighted to be able to tell him that we had given him plenty of grace and plenty of mercy. 3 months worth, in fact. And that he could resubmit his application next week. Which has ruined his weekend plans apparently. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today, the ordinary average young people of this country. They are bright, welcoming, amusing, good-hearted, well informed, articulate and a pleasure to be around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That srameen obviously met me :D

Ah no, I’m just joking. I’m not young anymore I’m a real adult now.
    My TH is I got a 99. Dairy doesn’t agree with me but future me can worry about that

madmaggie wrote: »
    Time for Stinkertom to pay a visit to the vet, snip snip.

Yep but his owner flatly refuses. They sorted the island cats a while ago apparently, and the first thing i was asked on the ferry when I arrived with my three was were they neutered

If you want a wonderful cat tale....

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/the-cat-woman-of-cape-clear-comes-home-223046.html

she died the year after..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dead cats aren’t a TH :eek:
    I’m happy because it’s a Netflix and chill evening and my dog ate an ice pop by licking it like a human, he kept trying to bite it but knew licking was how we do things in our house

Seeing happy cattle enjoying being outdoors at last

• Advertisement

Happier still if there is good grass growth coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Washing bone dry and straight back into presses . No hanging on indoor line , no need for clothes everywhere . Now that's a joy !

Looking out the window I saw my dad going for his walk,he's a slow enough walker, so I kept calling his name from the window and he kept looking around all confused as if to say "Who the feck is calling me" :D I was nearly on the floor howling with laughter :D:D.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happier still if there is good grass growth coming.

Any day now. My tree that has been threatening to blossom for the last few weeks finally burst in to flower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sitting in car basking in the glorious shiny sun... watching the Neighbourhood kids play ..... I may go kick around the ball with them... They're nice kids anyway thankfully not lil brats.. We chat away any evening they see me... And I play with them now and again... I've been living in this town now 4/5 years and except for 2/3 direct Nextdoor Neighbours, I don't really know anyone. It doesn't really bother me 'cos I don't be at home a lot anyways other than to sleep, I always seem to be coming and going a lot! But when I see the kids playing together it reminds me of home and happy Childhood and togetherness and all that. :)

• Advertisement

I complained I didn't get any Easter eggs a few weeks ago. Today I found Lindt bunnies in a garage shop at 2 for €3. They're chilling nicely in the fridge

Winding the day down....listening to someone snoring..and the clock ticking.So quiet with no wind

Went for a drive up the mountains this evening, sat overlooking the Galtees. Always forget how beautiful it is up there, especially on a sunny day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Everybody's such in a good mood today ! I'm in a good mood too.
    We all deserve it.

Shoesdayschild reminded me that I've got a great Netflix series to look forward to this evening.

Actually, I've a telly now, might even watch the Late Late to bitch a bit with Mr M ! :eek: That'd be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog just did the biggest Barney Gumble-esque burp. I've never heard anything like it out of her before.

I'm going to be laughing randomly at this all night now every time I think of it. Laughing as I type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour's little three year old girl, shouting this evening, putting her two older brothers in their place. She will never take any crap from anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Made the most amazing Chinese fakeaway- all syn free on slimming world. It's great to be able to stay on plan and enjoy myself :)

not having to be anywhere today.. just sweet peace abed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH : dry day !
    I'm charging that mini-tool I bought in Lidl last week, and today I think I'm gonna trim my bush.

:cool::D I know what you're thinking.

Do you need a hand to make sure it is even?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement