Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your handwriting like?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Straight into the gutter it seems. For shame kfallon. For shame. *shakes head sadly.

Please help me out of it :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Better than my typing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mine's utter shite. Even my signature is rarely the same each time I sign something

I'm the same. I have to sign my name a lot in work. You'd swear there was at least 10 different people in my job with the same name.

In my mind I have copperplate handwriting. The reality is rather different.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have huge, bubble handwriting. I dot my i's with circles, for god's sake! People compliment it a lot for some reason. I think it looks like something a fourteen year old girl would do in a journal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I won a prize for 'most improved handwriting' in 1992. It has deteriorated considerably since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's sloppy and I've often tried to improve it but the big problem is that I'm wicked slow which I can't seem to improve either. It makes exams a real trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I cant read my own writing. Its horrible. I'm actually just as bad with typing. I have to correct at least 2 words per sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Mine can be very neat, when I can be bothered to make the effort.

Hours at national school spent transcribing material at the behest of the Christian Brothers, they were very keen on making sure we all had good handwriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dr.Robotnik

Im left handed so not only is my handwriting terrible, its smudged all over the paper and my hand!

• Advertisement

Im left handed so not only is my handwriting terrible, its smudged all over the paper and my hand!

Why do left handed people tick the 'wrong' way???

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Forensic analysis on a sample of my handwriting would suggest it was scrawled mid-stroke while travelling in the back of an unlit and moving Transit van being driven down a Cavan boreen during an earthquake.

cantdecide wrote: »
    Why do left handed people tick the 'wrong' way???

How do you mean! Backwards?
    I can assure you I do it the right way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I had incredibly neat handwriting until I was taught joint hand writing in primary school. I don't know why they teach it, it's not necessary, State Examiners absolutely hate it and my handwriting gradually went to sh/te.

How do you mean! Backwards?
    I can assure you I do it the right way!

I commend you! I see a lot of left handed box ticking at work and frankly I find it highly disturbing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

My handwriting was always neat and I'm also a leftie. One drawback is I have to do all the Xmas cards as the wife's writing is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wattlebird

My handwriting is probably the thing I most often get complimented on :rolleyes: It's quite neat, swirly and cursive. I don't understand why it's like this as I'm left handed and hold the pen in a way I've never seen anyone else holding it. I could never imagine writing in non-joint though - slows me down so much. It's also tiny, so sometimes people admire it from afar but then realise they can't actually read it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Mine is woeful and tiny (like takes up a third of the height of a line)

And that's when I slow myself down to write so others can read it....If it's something for myself/only me read it....it could be impossible (for strangers) to read....caused awlful trouble for me in school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Crap, my r's look like v's my m's look like w's

Meh

cantdecide wrote: »
    I commend you! I see a lot of left handed box ticking at work and frankly I find it highly disturbing...

When I was a yung un I used to write the number 3 backwards, like it was the way lefties were supposed to write it!?

• Advertisement

When I was a yung un I used to write the number 3 backwards, like it was the way lefties were supposed to write it!?

Well some little un's did the same with ticks and never stopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'm a leftie and I also smudge when I'm writing and it is very annoying, I avoid gel pens and shiny paper like the plague! When I was small I sometimes ticked boxes backwards too or like Dr. Robotnik, I wrote my threes and sometimes 'C' backwards too, but I grew out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'm a leftie and I also smudge when I'm writing and it is very annoying, I avoid gel pens and shiny paper like the plague! When I was small I sometimes ticked boxes backwards too or like Dr. Robotnik, I wrote my threes and sometimes 'C' backwards too, but I grew out of it.

Yeah, I am a leftie too. And from a family of doctors/pharmacists...
    Thats my excuse for bad handwriting and I am sticking to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I break into a mild panic at the thought of writing by hand. Going away cards are my nemesis.

As above it's a mixture of cursive and badly written block capitals. Have been told my cursive is more readable, which is saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have my own font.

"Bloody Awful, Size 10"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's OK I guess but certainly not anything I'd be proud of. Having used computers extensively for the last 20 years or so in daily use the quality had dropped off quite badly. I made the decision a few months ago that I wanted to improve it and so bought myself some decent pens from jetpens.com and good quality inexpensive notepads from eBay. The intention is to practice a little during the week and work on it gradually. It's amazing the difference a decent pen makes.
    Style wise it's a little unusual as I write everything in block capitals..... I just liked how it looked and stuck doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm ready to be accused of being a sociopath/bed-wetter/genius by any graphologists who may be around...

Badly Writing Boy.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I did learn cursive but somehow my writing is just very straight and wide, which gives it a child-like appearance.

Does that make you feel precious?* :pac:

* Powerfully uncool 'Friends' reference alert

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When I started school (mid 1970's) we were beaten for writing with our left hand by an auld battle axe of a teacher.
    As a result my writing has always been terrible, I hate to have to write stuff that people see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

_Brian wrote: »
    When I started school (mid 1970's) we were beaten for writing with our left hand by an auld battle axe of a teacher.
    As a result my writing has always been terrible, I hate to have to write stuff that people see.

Jesus, I thought that practice stopped in the 50s!

Learning to write with a fountain pen was my biggest leftie trauma.

Advertisement