Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your handwriting like?

Options
  • 30-11-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭

Mine is terrible. I don't think it has changed much since I was a child. I've always been envious of people with very neat and often calligraphic looking handwriting. Those who can jot down their signature very quickly and still make it look good. I could never do that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

times new roman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Mine is terrible. I don't think it has changed much since I was a child. I've always been envious of people with very neat and often calligraphic looking handwriting. Those who can jot down their signature very quickly and still make it look good. I could never do that.
    The same, my writing is atrocious altogether but most people can still read it so I guess that makes it ugly rather than illegible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Varies from excellent to terrible. I'm an accidental citóg and as such, my hand tends to get tired very quickly when I'm writing. As in, after writing only a few sentences. So, it's usually bad. When I seriously put the effort in, it's good but that's rare enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm happy enough with it. It's cursive and it hasn't changed much since I was about 9 but it can get messy if I'm writing quickly.

I can write my signature quickly and make it look decent though. It's a complicated name so nobody seems to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sometimes in meetings I purposely write poorly so that someone sitting beside me is not noting my comments.
    That being said, I don't have to try very hard. It's pretty shocking.

I do wish I could write neatly at a reasonable speed. It's when I'm in a hurry it really gets out of whack. I think it reflects well on people who can do so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I change mine all the time unintentionally. I'd start off nice and neat then out of nowhere it'll be block capitals, then notice the error in my ways and switch to scrawls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Mine is brutal.
    I can hardly read my own notes. And my spelling is bad. If it was not for computers I would be employed as the towns rat catcher.

Terrible handwriting, looks like something a 6 year old would write! Never really changed much. My spelling is quite good, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

People think im a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Illegible. I had handwriting classes with a learning support assistant, right up to the age of 18, but I just can't get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have very child-like handwriting, it is easy to read but it just hasn't really changed at all since I was about ten, even my signature looks the same as it did. I envy people with proper ''adult'' hand-writing but at least mine is legible I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Writing out bookmaker's dockets is the only thing that keeps me in practice, otherwise it'd be absolutely brutal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sometimes in meetings I purposely write poorly so that someone sitting beside me is not noting my comments.
    That being said, I don't have to try very hard.

Do similar myself. When I am conducting interviews I will scribble everything partly due to time constraints partly for confidentiality/anonymity. If someone's transcribing the interview I will improve the quality of the handwriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I have very child-like handwriting, it is easy to read but it just hasn't really changed at all since I was about ten, even my signature looks the same as it did. I envy people with proper ''adult'' hand-writing but at least mine is legible I suppose!

Did you learn cursive in school? Learning that transitioned my writing from child-like to grown up. My friend who never learned cursive still has very childlike writing. She prints each letter separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I used to have really good handwriting and was often complimented on it.

Then I worked as a radio operator using Morse Code for many years, that well and truly f*cked up my once beautiful handwriting and its never recovered.

I'd put a doctor to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mine's utter shite. Even my signature is rarely the same each time I sign something

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I can just about mark an x on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mine is alright, I just make sure other people can read it.

I love a handwritten letter, but sometimes it can be hard to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Did you learn cursive in school? Learning that transitioned my writing from child-like to grown up. My friend who never learned cursive still has very childlike writing. She prints each letter separately.

I did learn cursive but somehow my writing is just very straight and wide, which gives it a child-like appearance. Well, at least something about me is straight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mine is not neat but is distinctive. I get the feeling that I think it's worse than it is. It's a mix of lowercase and small uppercase letters, which seems to be a family trait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Awful, recently simplified my signature to a child like level just so that i could always repeat it. Left handed, having been using a laptop for years in work to takes notes. I find writing a lot to be mildly uncomfortable to write for a long time and type pretty quickly so gladly avoid using a pen if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Mine is quite small and can get wildly out of control if I'm writing in a hurry (which is most of the time if I can't take notes on the laptop). If I want someone else to read it, I write in non-joined up writing, and then it can look quite nice I think.

My signature is missing about half the letters in my name though. With a random dot somewhere above where the "i" should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Mine is quite small and can get wildly out of control......... if I'm writing in a hurry (which is most of the time if I can't take notes on the laptop). If I want someone else to read it, I write in non-joined up writing, and then it can look quite nice I think.

My signature is missing about half the letters in my name though. With a random dot somewhere above where the "i" should be.

Christ I was wondering where this was going!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

A teacher of mine, long ago, once said it reminded him "of a drunken spider"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What's your handwriting like?

Let's just say I work in the medical business, so the rest should be self explanatory for ye. Sometimes, I have difficulty reading my own writing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

kfallon wrote: »
    Christ I was wondering where this was going!!!!

Straight into the gutter it seems. For shame kfallon. For shame. *shakes head sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Put it this way, its a good thing I dont have kids. Any note I send to school, the teacher would assume the 4year old wrote himself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I like my handwriting :o I'm the only one who does though! Most people have described it to me as too small, too messy, too inconsistent and just generally scrawly.

I do panic when someone asks me for a signature for something important though as no two signatures ever look the same :pac:

I have really nice handwriting and if I'm writing a card or an envelope I would be really fussy over making it look pretty.

In work though my notes are scrawled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Consider a hen. Now consider the hen having an epileptic fit. Now consider the hen having a fit with its feet dipped in ink. Now consider the hen having a fit, spazzing across a large canvas with its ink-dipped feet leaving a trail.

My handwriting would be jealous of the hen's trail .

Advertisement