Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

I had chimichangas and gave the leftovers to my dog. Which I am now paying for that lapse of judgment. What is coming out of his backside would be classed as a weapon,heh.

Typical man,blaming the dog.😛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Typical man,blaming the dog.��

It's true, he is so cowardly, anytime he toots he runs out of the room. Unless he runs out if I did it...hmmmm…….Oh hell it's anyone's guess at this point.heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A cheeseburger, chips and Coke from McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

branie2 wrote: »
    A cheeseburger, chips and Coke from McDonalds.

Drive thru or GTF off the thread.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Drive thru or GTF off the thread.:D

Yep, it was Drive thru

• Advertisement

Italian red wine, Keoghs crisps, more wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Salted caramel chocolate brownies still warm from the oven.

A treat for the wife and mother in law.

That's how to earn brownie points...

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Salted caramel chocolate brownies still warm from the oven.

A treat for the wife and mother in law.

That's how to earn brownie points...

That looks absolutely gorgeous, lucky wife and MIL.

That looks absolutely gorgeous, lucky wife and MIL.

Bought a couple of the "Betty Crocker" mix in Aldi or Lidl last month when it was on sale at half price which was about 70 cents.

Will be buying a lot more next time I see them, they're a doddle to make.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Way too much chocolate

Wait did I just say too much chocolate :eek:

I need help :D

• Advertisement

The ladies looked after themselves this morning and I fended for myself when I got back from walking the dog.

A slice and the heel of the bread with vintage cheese, ham, red onion, and tomato in the breville maker with a whisked egg thrown into the other side and the scraps from the sandwich slicings thrown on top of it. Absolutely beautiful with a nice mug of coffee.

Might have to risk going to a shop soon but then again the freezer and cupboards are full of nice surprises so I'll wait until the wife tells me what I want to do.

Plenty alcohol anyway so no need to panic.

Stay safe guys.

The ladies looked after themselves this morning and I fended for myself when I got back from walking the dog.

A slice and the heel of the bread with vintage cheese, ham, red onion, and tomato in the breville maker with a whisked egg thrown into the other side and the scraps from the sandwich slicings thrown on top of it. Absolutely beautiful with a nice mug of coffee.

Might have to risk going to a shop soon but then again the freezer and cupboards are full of nice surprises so I'll wait until the wife tells me what I want to do.

Plenty alcohol anyway so no need to panic.

Stay safe guys.

Similar set up here RG. Fridge freezer and chest freezer packed to the rafters with stuff that will be used. Over 3 weeks dinner stock in. Loads of alcohol in aswell just in case. Any additions to stock can be ordered locally and delivered.

This evening its a cheapo lager from Aldi - Karlsruhe or something. Not too bad actually. Dinner is ham fillet, mash, roasties, peas and gravy.

Missed the fry this morning but there is a roast beef dinner on the way with all the trimmings.

Room splits then and Netflix and booze for this individual, and Galaxy chocolate from the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Great fish and chips delivered from the local takeaway, paid over the phone, driver left order at front door.

Curry. Homemade. Don't trust takeaway deliveries at the moment and that is not a gripe with those who do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hummous on toast with coffee for breakfast.

Coffee and chocolate fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Coffee.

Being vey good and not buying sweets and biscuits. Baked goods are divided and frozen into proper portions once cooled. Determined to come out of this without piling back the weight I lost last year.

The midnight munchies are so difficult to ignore when there are goodies about.

I know my mental health will be better also if I am steadfast in my resolve. More important I will have nothing to wear as I ruthlessly got rid of all my old clothes and won't be able to afford any new.
    Keep well.

Sausages from the air fryer in toast with cheese, finally had to do some shopping yesterday as we were nearly out of dog and hen food.

Felt very safe in Aldi Kenmare yesterday, it was quite and everyone kept well away from each other. I wore gloves and others did too, some had masks on. Fierce credit due to the staff in there, very safety aware and very upbeat attitude.

Had 4 cans of some extra strong Polish beer last night, hangover central this morning.

Tall can of Coca-Cola Zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its probably the warmest day of the year so far and yet here I am just after making a batch of winter warming leek and potato soup. Feck it, such creamy goodness. And when the remainder goes cold I can say I made a vichyssoise

I made a cottage pie yesterday. I had some for lunch not long after it was cooked. Girls had it for dinner and I used up the left over chicken madras from the night before. I had a small portion of said pie for lunch today and the girls had it again for dinner. Love to see everything used. So now its just me to satisfy tonight. A slight change in plan. Sirloin steak, peas, gray and chunky fries instead of mash. But a few beers in the meantime to relieve the stress temporarily. More beers than usual and its only Wednesday.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I just nearly lost the plot wondering what chicken dogs were - about 10 minutes it took me.

I was going to make Salad Nicoise but as I boiled the baby potatoes I realised I’d eaten all the black olives as a snack the other night and had no sauce/mayo - so instead I had baby boiled potatoes with fresh french beans, tangy capers and natural yoghurt - which was surprisingly satisfying when eaten on a deckchair in the sun in the garden.Followed by two expressos mixed in with sachet cappuchinos and some bananna and walnut bread I made cos I had no bread or anything left. If i wasn’t off it for lent a nice cider would have gone down well.

Nobody will want to go back to work after this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Minute steak, roast baby potatoes, roasted garlic, fried bell peppers and scallion.
    No sauce. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Question for yee all, might be the best place to ask...

Can you heat up red wine? Wouldn't mind a hot beverage with a kick one of these nights.

Does it like a microwave?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Question for yee all, might be the best place to ask...

Can you heat up red wine? Wouldn't mind a hot beverage with a kick one of these nights.

Does it like a microwave?

Don't drink red wine and only drink white wine when I'm really, really desperate. But isn't the oul Christmas mulled wine a version of heated up red wine??

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Don't drink red wine and only drink white wine when I'm really, really desperate. But isn't the oul Christmas mulled wine a version of heated up red wine??

I thought so too but I feel it's fancier than a €9.50 bottle of red thrown in the microwave.

I'm gonna try it in a saucepan, maybe with a sprinkle of ginger & cinnamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Packet of ginger nuts (,3 bics) and a cup of tea.
    Hate ginger nuts but at work and nothing else around at moment:)

I thought so too but I feel it's fancier than a €9.50 bottle of red thrown in the microwave.

I'm gonna try it in a saucepan, maybe with a sprinkle of ginger & cinnamon.

Not bad at all! The hardest part is trying to avoid inhaling the alcohol steam as you raise the cup to your face.

7/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Not bad at all! The hardest part is trying to avoid inhaling the alcohol steam as you raise the cup to your face.

7/10

Don’t boil off the alcohol in it :o

Advertisement