Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: April 5th 2013. Starring Tom Cruise!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

cloudybins wrote: »
    This guy pitched to dragens den uk a few years ago.
    Foodie website i think it was.

I'm sure I saw him at Slane a few years ago. It was either him or Moby.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lady looks a bit like Zooey Deschanel. Few fine fillies on tonight. Another grand bird on at the moment.

I was going to say that myself! A slightly mournful, downbeat Zooey Deschanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

darlett wrote: »
    Be fair! Bressie is AWARD-WINNING.

That award was winning The Voice though. :pac: Narrowly missed out on the Bishops' Cleric in 2009 apparently. Wrongly, I felt.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

these two an item?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'll definitely watch Norton back tomorrow on the iPlayer to compare and contrast, already looks more of a 'hoot'.

Do the cool kids still say that? 'Hoot'?

I'm going to watch it in full tomorrow night on tv3, it's on straight after the SNS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Whats DLB?

Dumb.. Lanky.. Ba$tard?

Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Im sure Daddy could have stepped in if it all got too much:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,982 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Have we discovered who this mysterious 'Tamara' guest is yet?

syklops wrote: »
    Whats DLB?

Dumb.. Lanky.. Ba$tard?

Genuine question.

DLB is Ryan Tubridy. DLB stands for Dainty Little Bugger. Rhys Ifans was a guest on the Show in 2010 and said to Tubridy 'You're a Dainty Little Bugger, aren't you? ' The DLB acronym became popular around here. For best results say it as 'Dain-tah Litt-tal Bug-gah' in a Welsh accent (no offence, WM)

Is this the weekly misery segment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Whats DLB?

Dumb.. Lanky.. Ba$tard?

Genuine question.

Dainty Little Bugger! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Whats DLB?

Dumb.. Lanky.. Ba$tard?

Genuine question.

Dublin Leaning Bias

Genuine answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Skid X wrote: »
    John Lonergan, that clown who used to run Mountjoy like a creche, is on to plug his new show which 'helps eight young people from disadvantaged communities in Dublin gain valuable life skills by attending the Belfast Community Circus School. The programme follows the teenagers as they prepare for a St Patrick's Day performance, offering an insight into the highs and lows of their experiences'

Is there no-one hanging around the Canteen they could drag in instead?

Also something about New media with Lauren Fisher, founder of Simplyzesty.com and others.

Or Tom Cruise is also on Graham Norton at 10.35pm if you want to compare and contrast his interview with Tubby's.

That is a stupid statement on Lonergan. He is far from a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can you clarify the phrase cringey?

I mean, I bought the CD, what 20 years ago when I was about 14, and even now it has aged well. Theres much worse on the radio daily. Ok, its not the White Album or anything.

Oh and not one of them looks 40.

To me it's cringey to see nearly 40 year old women singing a song like C'est la Vie. What more do you want me to say - I don't have the same view as you, so what?

When did I say that they look 40? The fact is that 3 of them aren't far off it. They look great actually. I have absolutely nothing against them but I just didn't like the performance.

Oh and what's the White album??!! I'm by no means a music snob believe me. C'est la Vie was a good pop song back in the day but I wouldn't agree that it's aged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Whats DLB?

Dumb.. Lanky.. Ba$tard?

Genuine question.

Dainty Little Bugger.

At first I thought it meant Durty Little [EMAIL="Ba@$"rd"]Ba@$"rd[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

cruise is talking to graham norton about a job he had packing ice when he were a lad. before he graduated up to packing fudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I still don't know who they are or what they do. I kinda got lost when he went on a round the world trip with a working visa. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Roger_007 wrote: »
    His real name is Mapother , Cruise is just a middle name!

Yes, Cruise is his middle name, but he was named after family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

'After the break - How to deal with problem teenagers'.

Why won't they leave these items to daytime tv :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

annapanna wrote: »
    That was such a cringe, switched over to see him on Graham Norton, who pulled the Pish out of his ' certificate of Oirishness' . Graham never harps on about being Oirish, much better interviewer than Tubbs

I know, it's so cringe. Who CARES that an American actor has some Irish ancestry? Unless an American is of completely native American ancestry, there's likely going to be some European blood in there. So what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

MrsD007 wrote: »

Hopefully they have some scanger kids as guests.

Charlotte Church is among the guests on tomorrow's Saturday Night Show ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919629

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I know, it's so cringe. Who CARES that an American actor has some Irish ancestry? Unless an American is of completely native American ancestry, there's likely going to be some European blood in there. So what?

hello april are you using the turtle com:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

MrsD007 wrote: »

Thanks for the warning..i was about to switch back over

leahyl wrote: »
    To me it's cringey to see nearly 40 year old women singing a song like C'est la Vie. What more do you want me to say - I don't have the same view as you, so what?

When did I say that they look 40? The fact is that 3 of them aren't far off it. They look great actually. I have absolutely nothing against them but I just didn't like the performance.

Oh and what's the White album??!! I'm by no means a music snob believe me. C'est la Vie was a good pop song back in the day but I wouldn't agree that it's aged well.

All I wanted was for you to qualify your statement.

There is nothing wrong with us having differing opinions, I only wanted you to tell me why you thought they were cringey.

Forget I said anything.

Skid X wrote: »
    Charlotte Church is among the guests on tomorrow's Saturday Night Show ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919629

I misread the description-Daithi O'Se is one of Ireland most respected commentators??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Bastille- Pompeii
    Such a tune.

darlett wrote: »
    I still don't know who they are or what they do. I kinda got lost when he went on a round the world trip with a working visa. ???

It was very badly introduced, like cooking for Tom Hanks was enough to excite people like us sad enough to be in on Friday night.

I think they are quite good.

(Bastille's PR People - feel free to use that quote on any future publicity material)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"After the break, how to deal with problem teenagers".

Thats easy !

Lock them in a room for 3 days and play this on a continuous loop through the door.

product_image.php?imageid=10

Advertisement