Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

MarkY91 wrote: »
    The FIMI I ordered isn't much of a bargain compared to my friends mavic mini for not a lot more in price considering he got 3 batteries and a charging dock for them.

A comparison video also showed a much much better video compared to the FIMI :(

https://youtu.be/IhWSgPCabnI

The FIMI has has some firmware updates since that video was posted. One corrected the slight magenta cast you can see in the video. There were other video updates but I'm not sure about the details.

Look for a more recent comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My tracking page hasn't updated since the 27th for the FIMI. Itcwoidk probably have been quicker coming from China lol.

The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.anpost.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Has anyone received a FIMI X8 SE 2020 in this sort of condition from Banggood, I am fuming to say the least!

https://youtu.be/p_LU9MXqPuk

Took an absolute age for it to come as well, was ordered from the China warehouse. I want a full refund, nothing less! I paid using PayPal.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

madmoe wrote: »
    Has anyone received a FIMI X8 SE 2020 in this sort of condition from Banggood, I am fuming to say the least!

Took an absolute age for it to come as well, was ordered from the China warehouse. I want a full refund, nothing less! I paid using PayPal.

Cheers,
    M

Mine came the other day in grand condition. Is tjendrien damaged or just the box? If it's just the box then I would just forget about it and get flying

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Cheers,
    M

I have seen a lot of them online with banged up boxes but the drone was fine.
    You have to open the box and check it really you need to look at what damage to the cardboard tray and whether or not there are marks on the inside of the box lid. That will indicate how much movement there was and whether you have an issue or not.
    Just make sure to film it in case there is damage and they look for proof that it came that way

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Mine came the other day in grand condition. Is tjendrien damaged or just the box? If it's just the box then I would just forget about it and get flying

Hi all,
    Thanks for the feedback.

But I paid for a sealed brand new device and that is what I expect! Not being funny like but is that not what you would expect as well? Was your seal broken as mine was in the video?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mine arrived from Spain in perfect condition. It's gone away as it's my Christmas present. Must finish the IAA training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi all,
    Thanks for the feedback.

But I paid for a sealed brand new device and that is what I expect! Not being funny like but is that not what you would expect as well? Was your seal broken as mine was in the video?

Thanks,
    Mark
    I would definitely open a dispute, but you may have a fair bit of hassle on your hands regarding anything else.
    If you had it shipped from EU warehouse, then you could argue under EU law that you want to return it. But if it is just the box that got damaged in the post, then it might not be worth fighting any harder.
    With a dispute open and talking to them they will likely offer a partial refund and/or discounts on some other items.
    If you do not want to accept that, you may be asked to send the drone back (to China) to get your refund.
    That is a serious hassle unless you argue the EU warehouse - EU law side of things, but still may drag out for a while.
    However, you may also have ticked insurance on the item at checkout, in which case I would say they will sort you out fairly quickly.

irishgeo wrote: »
    mine arrived from Spain in perfect condition. It's gone away as it's my Christmas present. Must finish the IAA training.

The fee is gone up to €30 since November 1st :-(

Suckit wrote: »
    I would definitely open a dispute, but you may have a fair bit of hassle on your hands regarding anything else.
    If you had it shipped from EU warehouse, then you could argue under EU law that you want to return it. But if it is just the box that got damaged in the post, then it might not be worth fighting any harder.
    With a dispute open and talking to them they will likely offer a partial refund and/or discounts on some other items.
    If you do not want to accept that, you may be asked to send the drone back (to China) to get your refund.
    That is a serious hassle unless you argue the EU warehouse - EU law side of things, but still may drag out for a while.
    However, you may also have ticked insurance on the item at checkout, in which case I would say they will sort you out fairly quickly.

I didn't go for the insurance.

My issue is not so much about the dings and dangs on the box but the blatant cut of the seal and then trying to cover it over with Sellotape!! I am not prepared to accept that it was opened by someone else and they did God knows what to the drone inside! It was cut with a knife or something sharp, plain to see from the way it was cut.

I wouldn't mind but a friend got one from them, took way less time to deliver and his seal was fully intact!?

Should I open a dispute with PayPal as well as soon as possible or wait for Bnaggood to come back?

Thanks for all the advice by the way.

M

• Advertisement

I would open a dispute with banggood first. It may have been customs that opened it by the way. Were there any stickers on it?

I would open a dispute with banggood first. It may have been customs that opened it by the way. Were there any stickers on it?

No customs stickers that I can see. The orange Banggood packaging on the outside didn't seem to be open/torn so I don't think customs opened it?

Dispute opened with Banggood since this morning. Uploaded 3 pics and YouTube link to the video.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Cheers,
    M

Honestly doesn't look that bad. I know why you'd be p1ssed.

But if the drone was fully intact etc is just enjoy it. You won't get joy from chasing a dead end.

BKWDR wrote: »
    Honestly doesn't look that bad. I know why you'd be p1ssed.

But if the drone was fully intact etc is just enjoy it. You won't get joy from chasing a dead end.

The thing is mate, this is a gift and there is no way I am giving it to someone like that!

For myself I'm going DJI Mini 2, all the way!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The thing is mate, this is a gift and there is no way I am giving it to someone like that!

For myself I'm going DJI Mini 2, all the way!

Cheers,
    M

Understand completely

You could be chasing your tail though trying to get resolved and just for a banged up box. Whoever you give it to will love it, once it's working.

I've seen some delivery boxes land on the x8 Facebook page where Arms and motors have been snapped off

BKWDR wrote: »
    Understand completely

You could be chasing your tail though trying to get resolved and just for a banged up box. Whoever you give it to will love it, once it's working.

I've seen some delivery boxes land on the x8 Facebook page where Arms and motors have been snapped off

I am goona stick to my guns! If Banggood play silly beggars, straight to PayPal I go!! :mad:

The fee is gone up to €30 since November 1st :-(

Crap. Thought it was the 1st of December.

They offered a paltry €30. I said I won't accept that, I want a full refund. If they come back and won't play ball it's off to PayPal I go.

Cheers,
    M

They offered a paltry €30. I said I won't accept that, I want a full refund. If they come back and won't play ball it's off to PayPal I go.

Cheers,
    M
    TBH, I don't think Paypal will get you a full refund either.
    They/Banggood may offer you more of a refund.
    But if you want a full refund, you will likely be asked to post it back to China at your own expense. With battery, that will be difficult and expensive.
    This might help - https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns but not by much.
    If you bought it from EU warehouse, then you may have a case to argue, but from experience, that could go on for months.

• Advertisement

TBH, I don't think Paypal will get you a full refund either.
    They/Banggood may offer you more of a refund.
    But if you want a full refund, you will likely be asked to post it back to China at your own expense. With battery, that will be difficult and expensive.
    This might help - https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns but not by much.
    If you bought it from EU warehouse, then you may have a case to argue, but from experience, that could go on for months.

Many many thanks for all the information. It was bought from the Chinese warehouse unfortunately.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it just the outer box that's damaged? Somebody might sell you one?

Is it just the outer box that's damaged? Somebody might sell you one?

The issue is the seal was cut, with a knife or something sharp then they sealed it up with sellotape. God knows what they did with the drone when they had it opened. Plus I don't buy something at full price, then get it and expect the seal to be broken. Other damage to the box I'm not bothered about.

For example I'd personally never accept a brand new phone that had the security seal broken on it, especially if I was paying full price.

Hope you can make it out in the picture (zoom in) but it's clear to see at the bottom of the seal it was cut with a knife or something similar that's sharp.

Cheers,
    M

Just to note. If your main concern is that the parcel was opened, not damaged, then it may be nothing to do with Banggood. You may want to query An Post (or whoever delivered it) as noted here:
    https://www.eurosender.com/blog/en/parcel-arrived-open/

You also say it took ages to deliver, was it delayed at customs? They don't always leave a note or label to notify the receiver that it was opened by them.

Also - https://www.anpost.com/Help
    What should I do if my my post is missing, damaged or opened?
    In the case of damaged post, it’s important to understand that:
    • Damage is often caused by incorrectly-sized or poor quality packaging
    • An Post may place damaged items in a plastic bag to prevent further damage
    • While every effort is made to ensure your post arrives safely, unopened and in good condition, envelopes may occasionally be damaged during the machine sorting process
    • We use waterproof delivery equipment but we cannot guarantee that post will never be wet in adverse weather conditions

Be sure to keep damaged or opened post and any packaging for inspection.

If your post is missing, damaged or opened please contact us through our contact form. If you prefer, you can pick up the form at your local post office or delivery office.

Just to note. If your main concern is that the parcel was opened, not damaged, then it may be nothing to do with Banggood. You may want to query An Post (or whoever delivered it) as noted here:
    https://www.eurosender.com/blog/en/parcel-arrived-open/

You also say it took ages to deliver, was it delayed at customs? They don't always leave a note or label to notify the receiver that it was opened by them.

Also - https://www.anpost.com/Help

It was getting stuck loads for days when I was tracking it. Possibly it was opened at one of those points.

So, I opened the box, made a video while doing it and it was clear to see the seal was cut and then taped up. Thankfully it's all intact, everything is there so I'm happy with that. I'll see what Banggood come back with, if they offer a bit more I'll take it, if not I'll be content with the €30 they offered.

Many thanks all,
    M

It was getting stuck loads for days when I was tracking it. Possibly it was opened at one of those points.

So, I opened the box, made a video while doing it and it was clear to see the seal was cut and then taped up. Thankfully it's all intact, everything is there so I'm happy with that. I'll see what Banggood come back with, if they offer a bit more I'll take it, if not I'll be content with the €30 they offered.

Many thanks all,
    M

Only customs in Ireland would open it. Usually Dublin or Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

irishgeo wrote: »
    Only customs in Ireland would open it. Usually Dublin or Shannon.

Portlaise too for Anpost and Athlone AFAIK for DPD these days all have customs inspection too now.

Article 21 sticker on the item and or the customs declaration would all highlight that the item is/was liable to customs inspection.

That you received the item, albeit with a battered box but otherwise intact with no VAT and handling fee applied aswell as banggood offering a GWG is a win.

banie01 wrote: »
    Portlaise too for Anpost and Athlone AFAIK for DPD these days all have customs inspection too now.

Article 21 sticker on the item and or the customs declaration would all highlight that the item is/was liable to customs inspection.

That you received the item, albeit with a battered box but otherwise intact with no VAT and handling fee applied aswell as banggood offering a GWG is a win.

I didn't see any sticker like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I didn't see any sticker like that.

You received a drone from China with no customs declaration?
    In that case no surprise at all that it was opened.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    You received a drone from China with no customs declaration?
    In that case no surprise at all that it was opened.

Ahhhh! Where should the customs declaration have been!? All new to this.

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement