Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film forum off topic/random chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Not too sure where to post this request so I will post it here. Maybe move if in the wrong place!

I was wondering does anyone have a list of the Marvel and DC movies in the order they are meant to be watched?

I have seen some and not others and want to catch up and watch them in order. For example I haven't seen Justice league and that was out a few years ago. Then I can watch the new movies as they come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Disney is reportedly interested in Michael B. Jordan and Taron Egerton for the role of Hercules in their live action remake

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Frank Grillo and Mel Gibson’s action-packed movie Boss Level is coming to Hulu. The Joe Carnahan-directed movie will hit the streaming service on March 5th 2021.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Where's the film reviews thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fun fact, apparently yesterday was the day famously, accidentally archaic cyberpunk film, Johnny Meumonic was set :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

That was an interesting video that Chris Stuckman put up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

pixelburp wrote: »
    Fun fact, apparently yesterday was the day famously, accidentally archaic cyberpunk film, Johnny Meumonic was set :cool:

Strange how many Sci Fi films are now iset in the past. Occasionally go through this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_in_the_future

Had a 2019 film theme Christmas 2019, with Akira, Blade Runner and Running Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I won't be looking at one actors work in the same way again after reading the cannibal stories whether or not they are true or false.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Well I won't be looking at one actors work in the same way again after reading the cannibal stories whether or not they are true or false.

I saw my friend tweeting about that last week and assumed it was a parody account or something. But it wasn't. :confused:

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Cloverfield is to finally get a direct sequel, but it looks like Matt Reeves won't be involved. "Sources" are also claiming that they'll be ditching the found footage format of the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Cloverfield is to finally get a direct sequel, but it looks like Matt Reeves won't be involved. "Sources" are also claiming that they'll be ditching the found footage format of the original.

Is it bad that my first thought when you said Matt wasn't involved was "What allegations are against him or what did he post?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it bad that my first thought when you said Matt wasn't involved was "What allegations are against him or what did he post?"

Reeves star is a bit higher these days than a sequel to a dozens year old movie, not surprised he's passing on this. A direct sequel though eh. I mean, sure? I guess? I liked the original Cloverfield, heck I've even enjoyed the principle of its abstract universe of followups, even if ...Paradox was all kinds of awful. 10 Cloverfield Lane was excellent though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    It would have been a million times better if the thing at the end was the Cloverfield beast though. They really missed a beat there. The whole lead up to that was pretty good though.

WTF, maybe I'm last to know this but... Studio Ghibli made a CGI film?? And watching the trailer? Jaysus. It's not Pixar, that's for sure.

The film itself looks like a quintessential Ghibli adventure in style and content but the animation is plastic and resembles those slushpile Netflix movies at Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wonder if Armie Hammer's career will come to a shuddering halt now he's been dropped by WME. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/armie-hammer-dropped-by-wme-exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Here's a game I'm running. It's called Walrus.

You score the film scenes with a song. You send me a PM and later I will judge your efforts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058153232

Here's looking at you Kid now mask up.

Godzilla Vs Kong director Adam Wingard is signed on to direct the remake of Face/Off for Paramount.

No one will top Cage and Travolta's over the top to the extreme fun performances and doves lots of doves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Godzilla Vs Kong director Adam Wingard is signed on to direct the remake of Face/Off for Paramount.

No one will top Cage and Travolta's over the top to the extreme fun performances and doves lots of doves.

I watched it over lockdown for the first time in one sitting, I think I'd only seen bits here and there before, and it's terrible, and not in an enjoyable way. Other opinions are available.

Face/Off?
    Never heard of it. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd say "why", but we've been here before with Hollywood rebooting 90s action staples; the main question is what they're aiming for tonally. If they play it straight as a die, then why even bother.

So how do they make it more diverse without offending people?

David O'Russell hasn't made anything since Joy 5 years ago after releasing 5 films in the preceding 5 years, 4 of which were very good.

What's going on there?

David O'Russell hasn't made anything since Joy 5 years ago after releasing 5 films in the preceding 5 years, 4 of which were very good.

What's going on there?

If I remember right he was accused of sexual assault.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If I remember right he was accused of sexual assault.

He was, on his niece, I think. But I don't think that had any effect on his career. I'm nearly sure it was public knowledge when he was making some of his previous films.

He's got a new film in the works anyways. Lots of big names, Margot Robbie, Christian Bale, Anya Taylor Joy, Robert Di Nero and many more involved.

EDIT: This is from a few years ago, lots of allegations against him of a various nature, but again it all sounds like an open secret and the only project that was officially dropped was one that involved Weinstein....

https://www.bustle.com/p/david-o-russells-history-of-alleged-abusive-behavior-spans-many-years-movies-2982064

There seems to be some talk of a merger between NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia to try and compete with Disney and the other streaming giants.

I'm surprised it took this long to get going, but looks like New Line has found a director to helm the inevitable remake of "Train to Busan"; one Timo Tjahjanto:

https://deadline.com/2021/02/new-lines-train-to-busan-timo-tjahjanto-1234696403/

Edgar Wright is set to direct a new adaptation of The Running Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've never watched the 1979 version of The Champ.
    Today I found the 1931 version and it is brilliant.

Jeez but that's 90 years ago.:eek:

Advertisement