Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is pre-ordering PS4/Xbox One for Launch Day?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's already a lot of discussion on ps4, xbox one, e3, etc but I'm really interested to see how many people here are going to preorder next gen consoles after the press conferences from E3?

I wasn't going to but seriously thinking of putting down a deposit but can only think of Smyths, Xtravision or Gamestop for b&m stores, any of which could close down by end of year.

So, are you going to pre-order PS4, Xbox One, both or neither (sticking with this gen or waiting for price drop or still unsure. If you are preordering one, where did you book it?

Who is pre-ordering PS4/Xbox One for Launch Day? 221 votes

PS4
    0% 0 votes
    Xbox One
    57% 128 votes
    Both
    7% 16 votes
    Neither
    2% 5 votes
    Still not sure...
    32% 72 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Poll?

PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon.

Xbone, meh - maybe sometime late 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

maximoose wrote: »
    Poll?

PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon.

Xbone, meh - maybe sometime late 2014.

You were too fast, still setting up the poll. it's done now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wasn't going to but seriously thinking of putting down a deposit but can only think of Smyths, Xtravision or Gamestop for b&m stores, any of which could close down by end of year.

I think you'll be ok for your pre order with any of these stores especially with the busy Christmas shopping period.

I'll probably pre-order at Gamestop when I pick up The Last Of Us on Friday. I imagine there would have been many on the fence prior to E3 and interest will have certainly grown so I think getting pre-orders in now is the right time if you're planning on a day one purchase for either console.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I may buy a PS4 on launch day, I'll wait until closer to it too decide although I dont wanna leave it to long and miss out on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

The only console i had near launch time was the Dreamcast all those years ago.

I strongly thinking about pre-ordering a PS4. If i was to pay 20 euro a week of the balance between now and the release then i should cover the cost or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS4 launch.
    XBO late 2014 - mid 2015.

I never just get one console per generation, I love my games and otherwise I'd just miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'm still not sure. I have a PS4 preordered on amazon but I'll cancel if I decide not to. At least this way I have a few months to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, just heard from a friend that they preordered the PS4 today from Gamestop and guy behind the counter said that 30 xbox one preorders before yesterday and 24 of those have moved their pre-orders to ps4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm not a launch day kinda guy when it comes to consoles. I rather wait it out for a while and let the crowd on the front lines find out what bugs the machines have, and see how they fare out all in all. If all seems well a bit further down the line, then I'll jump on board. For now though, I'm more than happy to continue on my current gen consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Not me. Not only are the games not good enough to justify getting it day one (given that the good ones are out on current gen too) I have too much to catch up on from this gen anyway.

Out of curiosity, to those who are buying one or the other at launch, what game/s are motivating your choice? I mean, to buy at launch, not necessarily your console of choice. Though I suppose that's related.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For me, getting the PS4 at launch is not because of it's exclusives. It's because I want to play Watch Dogs, AC 4 and BF4 with better graphics than what the 360/PS3 can do. I like XBOs exclusives Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3, but don't like where MS are going now with their business model and attitude and won't support them or their Live service anymore until they have a load of exclusives worth playing in a few years time with a big price cut.

None of the PS4 exclusives have me excited so far but it's going to be my platform of choice this generation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PS4 day one unless MS do a complete 360 (pun not intended) on their DRM. Which they will not.

Will get it from Gamestop. I trade in games against the PS4 quite regularly as they give 25% extra towards any preorder. Have half of it paid off and will put another 70 towards it tomorrow. I expect to blitz through The Last of Us and trade that back for about 50 in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That poll is pretty damning against the XBone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

quick question regarding pre ordering. if i pre-order with gamestop in store, can i cancel that and get my money back even if iv paid off more than the €20 if by next october i change my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hopefully my girlfriend will be getting me a PS4 for Christmas so I won't have to. The hints have already started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

FutureGuy wrote: »
    PS4 day one unless MS do a complete 360 (pun not intended)

Don't you mean a 180 :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Neither so far. So far there is only maybe 2 games that really interest me, The Division and Metal Gear but I don't know if they are even release titles but even if they where they wouldn't be enough on there own to warrant purchasing one of these console at launch.

Be leaning towards the PS4 if I was picking one up though, while the Xbox One has a better selection of exclusives that's more than offset by the cost and DRM issues in my view.

Major multiplatform games I'll simply pick up on my PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre ordered from amazon but will more than likely change to gamestop/symths I'd say maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I put €20 down on a ps4 in gamestop last febuary.. for me I have to have one on day release, Ive always had a console on day releas from the playstation 1 days right up to now,,, Im a sucker for this sort of thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have 30eu in gamestop put towards ps4 few weeks ago. If I am not working on saturday i will pop up in town and put another 50eu towards it. Maybe pick up Last of us too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Im honestly not sure to be brutally honest, as much as people are damning MS they have short memories of the faults that come with Sony.

I have been an early adopter for the last two hand held models for Sony, PSP Go/Vita and i feel i got burnt as they have been very slow to release many decent titles (when you compare them to nintendo).

I will keep an eye on how each goes before making my decision, then again i might just splurge and buy one if the mood takes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Calhoun wrote: »
    Im honestly not sure to be brutally honest, as much as people are damning MS they have short memories of the faults that come with Sony.

I have been an early adopter for the last two hand held models for Sony, PSP Go/Vita and i feel i got burnt as they have been very slow to release many decent titles (when you compare them to nintendo).

I will keep an eye on how each goes before making my decision, then again i might just splurge and buy one if the mood takes me.

Did you not see Nintendo direct? That was abysmal compared to both MS and Sony's line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Did you not see Nintendo direct? That was abysmal compared to both MS and Sony's line up.

I didnt say i was buying a Wii U either but when you compare the release of the 3DS to its counter part the Vita, in my opinion the Nintendo games line up is far superior to the Vita and you can play your old games on the 3ds.

My point however is Sony can be really poor when it comes to releasing its hardware, it would be wise to take a seat back and watch how it unfolds than jump right in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought it was far better. Something different at least than more of the same from the other two. There was also nothing from the other two to match Bayonetta 2, wonderful 101 and the new Monolith game. They have them beat in third party but first party exclusives nintendo has the upper hand and even though Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and DKC were disappointingly safe at leat they'll be great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Chose neither, most of the games I am interested in (Titanfall, Project Sparks, BF4, The Division) will be out on PC too so may just grab em for that. Though Dead Rising 3 could nudge me to a XboxOne if its really good, just like DR1 did for the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Neither, but I'm likely to try to pick up a PS4 within the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going to do my best to wait a full year to see how everything plays out, the inevitable console fails included. And who knows, if sales are poor enough it might even force Microsoft into a quicker price slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

People are just going with the hype. Sony always win on that one, MS are more about the marathon, not a sprint attitude, and they well caught up last time out.

People know very little about either if we're honest. I find it funnt that people are applauding one multi-million dollar company over another, as if either company are doing gamers some big favour. And by slamming either one, you're simply slamming what will no doubt be an excellent gaming machine, better than anything we have seen to date. Both will rock, that's what I reckon.

I'll probably get both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Currently have Xbox 360 slim and now I've looked at XB1 and I'm just appalled at it now. Not even gonna make an attempt to try it out. Considering PS4 but I've started to upgrade my gaming rig so money will decide later. Sony are definitely in the lead in this console gaming market this year. Microsoft can prepare themselves for a massive customer loss and I certainly won't be buying Gold anymore until it expires in September.

Advertisement