Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

unkel wrote: »
    I went through the toll a few times in a loaner, had the same thoughts as yourself but then I forgot about it and never heard from it. I presume Tesla pay for it although the cars do not have toll tags, but perhaps they have the license plates registered and the cars are recognised by video

yeah, I was thinking they'd have the loaners set up on a video (tagless) account.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I went through the toll a few times in a loaner, had the same thoughts as yourself but then I forgot about it and never heard from it. I presume Tesla pay for it although the cars do not have toll tags, but perhaps they have the license plates registered and the cars are recognised by video

Same here, I never paid the m50 toll either. Presume they have a video account.

Sorry you have to sell it. At least put up a reference in the buying / selling and the bargains threads (for a bit more than what those dealers are offering)

Will see what the dealers offer first and decide then. As I said, I dont have months to wait for a private buyer. 90% of the value now is better than 100% in 6 months time.

slave1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, what ballpark are you hoping for ELM?
    Would like 40, would accept less for quick sale.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Sorry you are selling, I hope it’s nothing serious and just car related.

Nothing serious at all, time pressure is all. We're moving house and this is holding us up. The bank wont give me the mortgage when my car loan is higher than the mortgage amount. :D:D

(to clarify, it's a personal loan and not a car loan, the car has no finance on it thankfully)

Someone will get a really good deal on this tbh and I'm happy to let it go to get the house we want. I can always buy another in a few months, we'll just use herselfs prius in the interim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If I didn't already have my S I'd be knocking on your front door around now with a lump of cash...you should list out the full specs here

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

^^^ this

There are people out there who are ready to privately buy cars of this value with ready access to funds. Don't discount them, ELM327! You'd likely get a bit more than the dealers will offer you too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If I didn't already have my S I'd be knocking on your front door around now with a lump of cash...you should list out the full specs here

+1

Get a brief ad up here ASAP.
    And I to the FB Group incase anyone is looking.

• Advertisement

Deffo mention it in the FB group...

being a facelift S, it could tempt a few to upgrade...

I dont want the hassle of donedeal etc but happy to list specs here in case anyone is reading and wants a cheap S.

S90D
    EAP "Highway Autopilot" AP1
    CCS upgrade
    -MCU2 Upgrade including FM tuner
    -4 new tires 2k km ago
    -Suspension refresh 3k km ago
    (Total bill for above 3 items was ~€6k)

Cold pack (heated seats, steering wheel, mirrors, wipers)
    Sunroof
    Free premium connectivity
    No free supercharging as I imported from Tesla CPO in 2019.
    ~190k km
    Full 2 year NCT and Tax to November '21

Have attached some photos. Good cash offer in the 40k region takes it. No finance on car.

Deffo mention it in the FB group...

being a facelift S, it could tempt a few to upgrade...
    Have mentioned it there too. Hopefully the mods wont mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

ELM327 wrote: »
    Have mentioned it there too. Hopefully the mods wont mind!

Are we getting a new “Guess what ELM327 is getting next?” thread. Can’t wait for it :)

peposhi wrote: »
    Are we getting a new “Guess what ELM327 is getting next?” thread. Can’t wait for it :)

ELM327 will be stuck sharing his partner's Prius until the home loan is approved :D

• Advertisement

Haha Unkel is half right
    After 2 years of sitting up in a public area the cat has been stolen. I'm having it collected shortly for scrap.

Will be buying a cheap runaround for a few weeks/months until we move, then will be back in the tesla club. I'd either get a M3 SR+ until the cybertruck comes out, or, more likely, order an X plaid or find a well priced model X P100DL with AP2+ and free supercharging.

Not considering Model Y? And I guess from the short list you've fallen back in love with Tesla again? :D

No
    Model Y is too slow, and I would always view it as a cheap X, same way that a 3 is a cheap S. Only interested in the full fat versions.

I mean, I'd love an electric competitor but at this point in time there's nothing that compares to Tesla. I'm not particularly happy about it but the likes of an ETron, Ipace etc dont compare. Slower, less range, no SuC. I was looking at the Etron GT but similar to the taycan, you pay +50% compared to a Tesla and get less performance and less range.

ELM327 will be stuck sharing his partner's Prius until the home loan is approved :D

Don't knock the old self charging hybrid!!! :D:D:D

Here's one in it's natural habitat;
    toyotaprius_86.jpg

I'll be back in a fossil fuel car, whatever I can find for sale cheap in the locality with NCT. Luckily these days we're not driving much anyway.

ELM327 wrote: »
    No
    Model Y is too slow, and I would always view it as a cheap X, same way that a 3 is a cheap S. Only interested in the full fat versions.

The Model Y is too slow, yet you are considering a Model 3 SR+, the slowest Tesla ever made that you can buy here today? :p

Yes as a stop gap.

They seem to have glacial depreciation, so not a bad car to buy new and use as a stop gap for a year or two when you're waiting for your next car.

They seem to have glacial depreciation, so not a bad car to buy new and use as a stop gap for a year or two when you're waiting for your next car.
    Exactly. And I dont think the cybertruck will be here in RHD before 2023-4, so if I have the 3 SR+ paid off by then (1k/month for 3 years has it paid) then that will be my deposit and I'm still in a tesla.

Its either that or an Ioniq28.

https://www.rnz.de/wirtschaft/wirtschaft-regional_artikel,-walldorfludwigshafen-warum-sap-und-basf-bei-der-zulassung-von-teslas-zoegern-_arid,639445.html

This is a German text article about why Tesla isn't making headway in Germany.

Basically, if you won't adapt your processes to sell to large company car fleets then you won't sell many cars in a country where most new cars are sold to fleet buyers.
    If companies like BASF or SAP who have fleets extending to tens of thousands of cars won't offer your car for sale to well paid employees then you don't sell your car.
    As the tax and convenience benefits of having a company car in Germany are so high very few people who can afford to buy or lease a Tesla will be motivated enough to buy a Tesla outside of the company car scheme.

SAP for example is committed to going carbon neutral and their fleet represents 25% of their carbon footprint. That is a huge market to win and VAG are going to mop up all that business.

• Advertisement

Agree with you there. It seems Tesla is not used to selling to fleets. It's not the common model they deal with back home. That said, the Dutch car market is very similar to the German one with most new cars being fleet cars. How come Teslas have been selling exceptionally well over there for years then?

Germany is an outlier, Germans very patriotic on all purchases and stick to German brands in the main.
    Germany is the only country Walmart withdrew from, they just refused to shop there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Agree with you there. It seems Tesla is not used to selling to fleets. It's not the common model they deal with back home. That said, the Dutch car market is very similar to the German one with most new cars being fleet cars. How come Teslas have been selling exceptionally well over there for years then?

Past tense - used to sell well. They aren't now. 453 registrations in January. Their sales in Europe have fallen off a cliff, according to Forbes.

Jan/Feb sales of Tesla are low everywhere, the plant was shutdown, the MIC was on the cards and US Tax Rebate on the verge of coming back.
    Cause for everyone everywhere to hold out.
    Oh, also a worldwide Pandemic

cnocbui wrote: »
    Past tense - used to sell well. They aren't now. 453 registrations in January. Their sales in Europe have fallen off a cliff, according to Forbes.

I was talking about NL not DE. Nobody is claiming Teslas are or were selling well in DE.

cnocbui wrote: »
    it isn't just the ID3 or ID4 that is pushing them out. They're selling huge numbers of niche product Taycans and e-Trons.

J
    Oh, also a worldwide Pandemic
    Pandemic is not able to force me not to order a new company car. I simply have to replace the car at end of the lease, pandemic or not.

it isn't just the ID3 or ID4 that is pushing them out. They're selling huge numbers of niche product Taycans and e-Trons.

Wouldn't call them niche products. But yeah the base Taycan costs €83k after subsidies, which is cheap enough for a Porsche and it is selling well in Germany, despite having similar space / performance / range figures as a €39k Tesla Model 3 SR+

That's quite remarkable. And I agree that at the lower end of the company car spectrum, the ID.3 and ID.4 are going to clear up the market over there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If companies like BASF or SAP who have fleets extending to tens of thousands of cars won't offer your car for sale to well paid employees then you don't sell your car.

It's a non issue right now. The amounts of vehicles the article is referring to isn't possible anyhow right now, because of battery availability constraints.

Tesla is selling every single car they are producing and the majority of those even before they are build. And that is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

Should Tesla get to the point, where they have a demand problem, I can guarantee you, they will adapt. Until then, it doesn't matter.
    SAP for example is committed to going carbon neutral and their fleet represents 25% of their carbon footprint. That is a huge market to win and VAG are going to mop up all that business.

And if SAP wants to achieve that, they'll have to adapt their processes and also buy from Tesla. Because they won't be able to get enough vehicles from VAG and Ford to get there.

Most of the automakers are currently building BEVs at a loss. Tesla is one of the very few, that's making a profit on BEV production. As a result, production numbers of those automakers that don't build these profitable yet, will be kept capped.

A lot of these articles don't look at the bigger picture from the other side.

It's the same, as when people say, Tesla is loosing market share in Europe since VAG started ID3 production. It's nonsense. Tesla is not prioritising Europe as long as they have to ship vehicles in from the US or China. Once Giga Berlin comes online, the price for the likes of the Model Y will be decreased and then you'll see a big shift again.

The same happened for the Model 3 in China recently.

/M

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    And if SAP wants to achieve that, they'll have to adapt their processes and also buy from Tesla. Because they won't be able to get enough vehicles from VAG and Ford to get there.
    /M
    Plenty of other manufacturers are offering product to SAP including all VAG brands, Daimler, BMW, JLR, Polestar, Ford, Renault, Hyundai, Nissan Opel, Peugeot, Volvo, Streetscooter. Employees or Facilities can order all of these vehicles right now.
    If Tesla are arrogant enough to think large fleets in Germany will come groveling to their door then they are sorely mistaken.
    Tesla don't hold a monopoly on EVs.

Advertisement