Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    NDkxMzFkYzhiZmY1NjdmNTE2OTFiNmYwYzc0NTM0MDDIPjQE6sdXATzQCCxWcWA_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE2MjE1ODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2006 Hyundai Coupe 1.6 petrol
    The 1.6 is never going to break any records, but the Hyundai coupe are actually a very reliable car and not a bad drive
    With almost half a years road tax, and NCT until July next year and only 89,000 miles, this could be worth a look, despite the fact its one of the N7 dealerships
    Asking €995

That's a beauty for a grand, there's some fantastic stuff on this thread lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That's a beauty for a grand, there's some fantastic stuff on this thread lately.

Well considering a years tax on that would cost you €514, it's leaving the car incredibly cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You'd pick that Coupe up even cheaper with a big of haggling. I'd say it was a handy trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Well considering a years tax on that would cost you €514, it's leaving the car incredibly cheap!

Moving on...

2007 Passat 1.9TDi
    Mileage seems awful low for the year with 120,000 miles
    NCT until January 2021 and a couple of weeks tax
    Anybody want to ring Dylan and ask him what his best price is? :D
    Asking price is €799

NmEzMDk2ODE0NTU3MmMxMDUyZTU0YjhlOWFmMThlMTCjmwOf3t7DgAPuUxdClxooaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTAyMzg3Nzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

No NCT!

No NCT!

Well spotted! God I never even noticed :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2009 peugeot 407 diesel

Low mil+ one claimed owner

1900 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21011723

2005 mini cooper

Long tax+ nct

1700 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21009710

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2009 peugeot 407 diesel

Low mil+ one claimed owner

1900 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21011723
    The one owner bit checks out alright.
    That's great value for a 2009 with mileage that low and only €280p.a for road tax too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The one owner bit checks out alright.
    That's great value for a 2009 with mileage that low and only €280p.a for road tax too!

They're becoming a rare sight on the roads these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

carzony wrote: »
    They're becoming a rare sight on the roads these days.

Not sure that's a good sign tbh ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

kalkat2002 wrote: »

They're not great tbh and paying 2.0 tax for 140bhp is terrible.

Also, who puts a towbar on a "hot" hatch?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Look at about 30s on this clip. It only lasts 3 secs.

https://youtu.be/HosHqZfYx1Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Hey folks,

Hope you are all well.

You've guided me brilliantly in the past, so I'm looking for a bit of advice for a friend of mine. He's looking for a second car and the wife likes the Qashquai. He has 3k to spend, which I'm aware is over the Bangernomics limit, but any help would be appreciated!

Also, which of the engines would you recommend?
    1.4 petrol
    1.6 petrol
    1.5 diesel

They won't be doing any serious mileage in it as it is not the primary vehicle, so I suggested the 1.6, without any real knowledge of them.

Thanks again.

BTW one of the best threads on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Disagree

Its 1050kg

Its power to weight puts it at 7.5kg/bhp

For €1,000 its pretty good, the hot hatch is the 180 version

A mild hatch with low tax like a Golf GTD has a worse power to weight of 8.2kg/bhp

80s Child wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Hope you are all well.

You've guided me brilliantly in the past, so I'm looking for a bit of advice for a friend of mine. He's looking for a second car and the wife likes the Qashquai. He has 3k to spend, which I'm aware is over the Bangernomics limit, but any help would be appreciated!

Also, which of the engines would you recommend?
    1.4 petrol
    1.6 petrol
    1.5 diesel

They won't be doing any serious mileage in it as it is not the primary vehicle, so I suggested the 1.6, without any real knowledge of them.

Thanks again.

BTW one of the best threads on boards!

You'll find Qashqai's in Bangernomics money alright

A quick search of Donedeal throws up 8 models today under €2,200 with NCT
    I set my minimum as 401 euros to rule out random ads which appeared below that figure
    I went 200 euro over as most of the time, you'll buy for 2k or less

The 1.5 diesel on those is supposed to be a very reliable engine and maybe somebody can throw more light on it, but I also believe the 1.5 around that era doesn't have a DPF.

Have a look through these for starters, but they will probably want to raise budget slightly to get a few more decent examples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I miss my 93 Aero and my 95 Aero. 2 amazing cars. On a boring vectra now. I'd have another Saab in a heartbeat, definitely would have to be an Aero..

Grab the one from a few pages back! It’s the 2.0t but a small map will bring power to the Aero level of 210Bhp. It’s a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Taken from the boards member car for sale thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114073747#post114073747

Motoring doesn't get any cheaper than this:

1999 Almera with only just under 90k miles with NCT until next July and in the same family for years, going for €350:

NzU0YjVkNDFkOTVkZmZlZDI3YWVlYjg5MzIxZjE1ZGQmq4KfgBoaCp6gFJkPoUJXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE3NjA3MTl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-nissan-almera-1-4-low-mileage-nct-july-21/25407159

Biggest challenge will be insurance I'd imagine.

One for Duke perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »
    Taken from the boards member car for sale thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114073747#post114073747

1999 Almera with only just under 90k miles with NCT until next July and in the same family for years, going for €350:

NzU0YjVkNDFkOTVkZmZlZDI3YWVlYjg5MzIxZjE1ZGQmq4KfgBoaCp6gFJkPoUJXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE3NjA3MTl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-nissan-almera-1-4-low-mileage-nct-july-21/25407159

One for Duke perhaps?

I absolutely hate them, could never take to them ...

Drove so many I felt and now feel the depression coming back....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's it kid, don't bottle it up, let it all out.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hated them with a passion....

A dealer I deal with tried for years to sell them to me, swore by them I brought one for a drive and hated it once, didn't like it, and for years afterwards, when I'd go shopping, I'd have to tell yer man to **** off with his Almeras :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hated them with a passion....

A dealer I deal with tried for years to sell them to me, swore by them I brought one for a drive and hated it once, didn't like it, and for years afterwards, when I'd go shopping, I'd have to tell yer man to **** off with his Almeras :)

Folks, I feel your pain but at €350 such niceties as liking a car don't apply.

If it starts and gets from A to B job done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I promise whoever buys the car that if it doesn't go from A to B, I will give you back €700 and then eat the car. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

You'll find Qashqai's in Bangernomics money alright

A quick search of Donedeal throws up 8 models today under €2,200 with NCT
    I set my minimum as 401 euros to rule out random ads which appeared below that figure
    I went 200 euro over as most of the time, you'll buy for 2k or less

The 1.5 diesel on those is supposed to be a very reliable engine and maybe somebody can throw more light on it, but I also believe the 1.5 around that era doesn't have a DPF.

Have a look through these for starters, but they will probably want to raise budget slightly to get a few more decent examples

Cheers Mike. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'll set up a gocrashme page .... I'll buy it and crash it into a bus for the laugh....

Oh I have form... I tend to be in a crash every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LV-426

Almera great car. Had one for 8 years and spent nothing. Decent space, chassis ok and engine bulletproof. A bit shiny plastic inside alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

bazz26 wrote: »

One for Duke perhaps?

That's bloody lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'll set up a gocrashme page .... I'll buy it and crash it into a bus for the laugh....

Oh I have form... I tend to be in a crash every so often

Eh... What garage are you in?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HelmsDeep

Just checking in to say I ended up getting a Bangernomics Skoda, the one I posted a good few pages back. Pretty happy with it so far.

Thanks for the all the advice + posting, hopefully I won't need this forum for at least another year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chickennuggets

Hi guys, Currently looking at a Saab 9-3 1.9 diesel in the bangereconomics price range. Anything to look out for in these. How is the automatic transmission on them?

Currently looking at ones with 130-160k miles on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement