Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options

Comments

walshb wrote: »
    Ok,

I have not checked, but are some drink driving offences criminal?

His maybe wasn’t..

No, drink driving is a road traffic offence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

bubblypop wrote: »
    Nope, but the general public have different ideas to me!
    Do everyone feel that road traffic offences are a sackable offence?
    Should every member of the house declare any road traffic offence? Should they reseign over it?

I think being a drunk driver is poor character and shows a disregard for human life. I think, if true, trying to dodge the checkpoint shows he was well aware he was too drunk to be driving. This is not the kind of person I want making decisions that affect the country.
    Should he be sacked from a SuperMacs job? No.

No idea what kind of nonsense you keep engaging in but it has become apparent in the last two days that's Cowens sacking is related to what the pulse file contains but was not released to the public.
    You should question your career choice if you are incapable of processing new information.

Whatever information is in the pulse incident is not public knowledge.
    I don't need to question my career choice, but perhaps I may understand the law a little more then you!
    Fyi, whatever the pulse incident says, it's not information for everyone, nor is it evidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I may understand the law a little more then you!

You're right to use the word 'may', you wouldn't be the first of your profession to require further study.
    I had the joy recently of telling a professional colleague of yours she was making up non existent sections of law .Anyway you have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,030 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No, drink driving is a road traffic offence

Yes, but can some road traffic offences result in a criminal conviction? I think they can.

Anyway, relating to Cowen: a drink driving offence IMO is an offence worth to preclude one from a position in government..

• Advertisement

You're right to use the word 'may', you wouldn't be the first of your profession to require further study.
    I had the joy recently of telling a professional colleague of yours she was making up non existent sections of law .Anyway you have a good night.

Yep, may is correct.
    Personally I have further study in law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

Really? Or are you making this up? Like on the Covid thread you ran away from?

yawhat? wrote: »
    Really? Or are you making this up? Like on the Covid thread you ran away from?

Nope, but I certainly wouldn't be going into the details here.

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, but can some road traffic offences result in a criminal conviction? I think they can.

Anyway, relating to Cowen: a drink driving offence IMO is an offence worth to preclude one from a position in government..

Some road traffic offences result in a criminal conviction, dangerous driving causing death, for example.
    Most road traffic offences do not result in criminal convictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭yawhat?

Nope, but I certainly wouldn't be going into the details here.

Hard to take you seriously with your proven track record of making things up to suit your narrative.

• Advertisement

yawhat? wrote: »
    Hard to take you seriously with your proven track record of making things up to suit your narrative.

I'm deeply hurt that an anonymous poster on the net doesn't take me seriously. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Which road traffic offences are ok and which are not?
    Who decides?
    Should any TD convicted of road traffic offences lose their jobs?
    Where does the line lie? Who decides?

10 days on after the revelations came out and a day after he was sacked, you're still trying to peddle this nonsense.

You know quite well why he lost his job, and it wasn't because of the road traffic incident.

It's over lads. Move on. Barry got his comeuppance for his bullshít.

MM is next up to explain his dithering over the incident.

What this incident shows is that Fianna Fail is rotten to the core. It will be the same shambles as 2008.

I think to be more accurate, what this incident did was remind everyone that FF are still rotten to the core.

Some of us had long accepted that they were terminal long ago.

10 days on after the revelations came out and a day after he was sacked, you're still trying to peddle this nonsense.

You know quite well why he lost his job, and it wasn't because of the road traffic incident.

It's over lads. Move on. Barry got his comeuppance for his bullshít.

MM is next up to explain his dithering over the incident.

I couldn't care less what minister lost his job or what happened to any TD in the dail.
    I'm just interested in what offences the general public feel are a sackable offence

I couldn't care less what minister lost his job or what happened to any TD in the dail.
    I'm just interested in what offences the general public feel are a sackable offence

Right. That's an interesting high horse you're trying to get on here. I can't see its relevance to Bold Barry though.

Intriguing new tactic in play by the resident FFers. Let's see if it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Will someone please think of the children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Most people think every offence is sackable once the person is in the party they don’t support

So FF/FG/Labour etc should be sacked on the spot is they do anything, walk on a amber light and fire them. But a SF politician can lie on live tv about the death of a young man, or go into tv and accuse and dead man of been involved in crime and nothing should be said against them....

So it’s one rule for one and another rule for another

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Most people think every offence is sackable once the person is in the party they don’t support

So FF/FG/Labour etc should be sacked on the spot is they do anything, walk on a amber light and fire them. But a SF politician can lie on live tv about the death of a young man, or go into tv and accuse and dead man of been involved in crime and nothing should be said against them....

Yyyaaayyyy. He's back.

Obviously the new talking points were agreed by the coven and they can now get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Shefwedfan wrote: »

That's the rules we cant risk damaging the Peace Process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Edgware wrote: »
    That's the rules we cant risk damaging the Peace Process

Brian is still the smarter Cowen brother.

And he's in a permanent vegetative state!!!!l

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Looks like he was "notified" that there was a checkpoint on the road he was traveling on and turned to take another route.

I would guess "notified" means other motorists gave him the traditional headlight warning.

Why couldn't he just say that?

Lord knows I'm no fan of the Cowens' or any FFer but that's crass. Unacceptable.

Right. That's an interesting high horse you're trying to get on here. I can't see its relevance to Bold Barry though.

Intriguing new tactic in play by the resident FFers. Let's see if it pays off.

I have no high horse, neither do I vote finna fail
    Merely wondering where the line in road traffic offences is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

That’s a disgusting comment

Darc19 wrote: »
    Looks like he was "notified" that there was a checkpoint on the road he was traveling on and turned to take another route.

I would guess "notified" means other motorists gave him the traditional headlight warning.

Because he's a blustering FFer. This could all have been over with a day or so if he'd hit it head on and owned up. Instead he gave a wishy washy "I'm sorry I got caught" statement with added "this is a level of bullshít excuse that seems to give me leeway".

Again, as most of his defenders keep missing, it was the cover-up and bluster wot done him in.

I have no high horse, neither do I vote finna fail
    Merely wondering where the line in road traffic offences is?

Right so.

Lord knows I'm no fan of the Cowens' or any FFer but that's crass. Unacceptable.

Almost something Brian Cowen would have said.

When he could speak :)

h2005 wrote: »
    That’s a disgusting comment

Brian Cowen had a stroke some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Darc19 wrote: »

Where did you see this?

• Advertisement

Brian Cowen had a stroke some years ago.

He had a stroke last year. But it has nothing to do with this thread topic and the manner in which you refer to him was crass and disgusting and purely just trying to provoke a reaction.

Advertisement