Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Cowen sacked

Options
1102103104105106108»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Thought jack chambers was the favourite from what I read

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

votecounts wrote: »

The farming lobby will throw a sh*fit if he gets the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

May go for some old hands as a stopgap, like Willie or Smith. The second Smyth(with a y!) in Cavan-Monaghan, Niamh might even get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

votecounts wrote: »
    Well he's over his shaving rash so it could time for him to get into long pants! Really need someone with more miles in the tank, politically and physically plus he's Dublin and they need to serve the provinces on this if they can. Mad that Ag is turning out to be such a poisoned chalice, even Health looks like a holiday by comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,096 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well he's over his shaving rash so it could time for him to get into long pants! Really need someone with more miles in the tank, politically and physically plus he's Dublin and they need to serve the provinces on this if they can. Mad that Ag is turning out to be such a poisoned chalice, even Health looks like a holiday by comparison!

It’s not the job dude, it’s the coin who is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Important job with Brexit looming. Better choose wisely. Maybe MM himself will take it on, but not sure if he can do this with Oireachtas rules etc. Someone might know.

A wet behind the ears Ag Min will be in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Arise Jackie Cahill and take your place among .............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

I saw article recently where cahill was disappointed but wished callery well .
    maybe it may be cahill , has the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

is_that_so wrote: »
    May go for some old hands as a stopgap, like Willie or Smith. The second Smyth(with a y!) in Cavan-Monaghan, Niamh might even get a look in.

O'Dea might be a good bet all right. If ever FF need bull**** talkers for the media, Willie's Your man:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

kerry cow wrote: »
    I saw article recently where cahill was disappointed but wished callery well .
    maybe it may be cahill , has the experience

Cahill on Tipp FM .Says he will answer the call. This is his third time looking for the job. People west of Shannon won't be happy. Wouldn't have much faith in Cahill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Cahill on Tipp FM .Says he will answer the call. This is his third time looking for the job. People west of Shannon won't be happy. Wouldn't have much faith in Cahill.

Moynihan from Cork NW. Has the cop on to realise his limitations and delivers 2 out of 3 to FF at election time. And **** this "people west of the Shannon won't be happy " ****e
    Who cares?

job should go to the best man for the job really ,

and big phil is going to fall on his sword , bye bye ,
    you could scrape the arrogance ,

that golf gate really was more like
    a last supper

for some of our elite personalities ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

kerry cow wrote: »
    job should go to the best man for the job really ,

and big phil is going to fall on his sword , bye bye ,
    you could scrape the arrogance ,

that golf gate really was more like
    a last supper

for some of our elite personalities ,
    "best man for the job" ! So are you ruling out our very talented women like Regina Doherty or Joan Burton?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

MIKEKC wrote: »

I dont know anything about him really but after a brief read on him there, it does seem like agriculture is his passion. Would appear to be a good fit for the job.

Edgware wrote:
    "best man for the job" ! So are you ruling out our very talented women like Regina Doherty or Joan Burton?

sorry for not been politically correct .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Edgware wrote: »

I think you may recall that the electorate ruled out those two women.

Not that either of them or another woman could not do the job.

Advertisement