Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls for Minister for Children Roderic O'Gorman to resign..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It seems clear Thatchwell is a creep and shouldn't be allowed be a TD. Thankfully he isnt a TD.

Whats the whining about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Romeo and Juliet laws are fine

No its not...it provides unequal punishment based on gender

are you conflating paedophelia with the lgbt community ? thats not right.

I'm referring to the fact that Gemma O'Doherty and her fanbase are targeting a gay minister within days of entering the role when he's done nothing wrong and has not advocated anything. The exact same bs occurred with Zappone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

gmisk wrote: »
    What are you on about?
    Did Roderic o Gorman write that letter 23+ years ago...no... bizarre faux outrage

Did you actually read what the current Minister for Children wrote under the photo when he posted it on Twitter?

If that doesn't give you cause for concern then you need to have a word with yourself lad.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did you actually read what the current Minister for Children wrote under the photo when he posted it on Twitter?

If that doesn't give you cause for concern then you need to have a word with yourself lad.
    He referred to tatchell as a legendary LGBT activist which he is....he did not say he agreed with every statement or a letter he wrote 23 years ago ffs.
    You need to catch yourself on not me.
    Your views align with a homophobic looper like GOD...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

so the Green Party are harbouring a known paedophile sympathiser.... thats much better... :rolleyes:

That’s some reach now in fairness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Well here's Tatchell advising several Irish politicians and activists on how to bludgeon their agenda into schools:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/w0dFEi3mgMRq/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I'm referring to the fact that Gemma O'Doherty and her fanbase are targeting a gay minister within days of entering the role when he's done nothing wrong and has not advocated anything. The exact same bs occurred with Zappone.

Gemma has targeted multiple Green Party reps , gay or straight, I don't think it has much to do with it, but since its Gemma and nothing has to make sense, ill agree that it certainly could.

However aside from lumping Gemma into it, the minister for children certainly is keeping poor company considering this is hardly something new , thatchell has been banging on about this for 27 years. Any minister for children who posts in admiration of a paedophile sympathiser would get the same distaste from me and most other people in this thread.

For the record, Thatchell only ever did call for Romeo and Juliet laws. Anything outside of the 3 years he favoured prosecution.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1376619/Make-age-of-consent-lower-urges-Tatchell.html#:~:text=Peter%20Tatchell%2C%20of%20the%20pressure,three%20years%20difference%20in%20age.

He also adequately addressed his letter in 1997. So it's not really the most exciting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6374467/Peter-Tatchell-forced-deny-advocating-paedophilia-1997-letter.html
    Gemma has targeted multiple Green Party reps , gay or straight, I don't think it has much to do with it, but since its Gemma and nothing has to make sense, ill agree that it certainly could.

However aside from lumping Gemma into it, the minister for children certainly is keeping poor company considering this is hardly something new , thatchell has been banging on about this for 27 years. Any minister for children who posts in admiration of a paedophile sympathiser would get the same distaste from me and most other people in this thread.

Nah, Gemma has a particular about people who don't look Irish and gay people. Also neither Thatchell or Roderic favour enabling paedophilia. So I'd say yes the primary motivation of this thread is homophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

For the record he said his friends have sex with 9yr olds. That's the issue, one of his friends is now minister for children.
    There's no rowing back from a statement like that, there is no defense for such a person regardless of when he said it. Nobody should have friends like that and that especially goes for O'Gorman.

Since when are they friends?

• Advertisement

For the record he said his friends have sex with 9yr olds. That's the issue, one of his friends is now minister for children.
    There's no rowing back from a statement like that, there is no defense for such a person regardless of when he said it. Nobody should have friends like that and that especially goes for O'Gorman.
    He actually referred to his friends as the ones who had sex with older men so they were the minors. At incredibly young ages which is entirely messed up. He didn't advocate for it or favour making it legal. He just said that they there weren't damaged by it, which I'd be inclined to say is probably wrong.

So he doesn't have "friends like that" as you've claimed and nor did he claim to. It's a bit telling that you had to twist it into his friends being the adults. I'll happily disagree with him on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He referred to tatchell as a legendary LGBT activist which he is....he did not say he agreed with every statement or a letter he wrote 23 years ago ffs.
    You need to catch yourself on not me.
    Your views align with a homophobic looper like GOD...lol

It was poor judgement though referring to Tatchell as legendary considering the view he has about sex between adults and children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

So I'd say yes the primary motivation of this thread is homophobia.
    Similar to the poor retort of: if anyone dares to question Direct Provision or non-EU migration, then they are racist.
    This is how attempts are made to shut down discussion on specific topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

how serious/tenuous are these links between Roderick O'Gorman and Peter Thatchell?

Peter Thatchell didn't say anything in that quote that beloved Senator David Norris hasn't intimated in the past btw.

https://twitter.com/greenparty_ie/status/1013045330223489024

And Thatchell explicitly said he doesn't advocate paedophilia. The remarks aren't hugely different to what Dawkins said a few years back. They're incredibly stupid remarks but neither were advocates of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416953/Richard-Dawkins-controversial-mild-paedophilia-comments.html

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Judging by this video, this Tatchell bloke is a sicko.

https://twitter.com/jenny87797866/status/1278155241557577735

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

How about a Children's Minister that actually actually has children.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Judging by this video, this Tatchell bloke is a sicko.

https://twitter.com/jenny87797866/status/1278155241557577735

Can you explain what exactly is sick about it? He wants children to have sex education that includes lgbt issues, that's a pretty reasonable expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Sickening comment from Thatchell.

O'Gorman should have to address his relationship with this fella and if he doesn't cut all ties then he should be made to resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

lol, Shane Ross, Catherine Zappone and others were ministers for 4 months when they failed at reelection and a newly appointed minister cannot last a week if he goes

That's a special kind of failure :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Can you explain what exactly is sick about it? He wants children to have sex education that includes lgbt issues, that's a pretty reasonable expectation.

He's asserting that LGBTQ... has greater rights to decide what children are taught than their parents and that it's ok to use underhanded tactics to stifle their wishes, which the audience found amusing. There are people from FG, FF and SF on that stage too- I'd like to see them answer a few questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Is that standard to be applied to all ministries?

If so, fair enough.

sabat wrote: »
    He's asserting that LGBTQ... has greater rights to decide what children are taught than their parents and that it's ok to use underhanded tactics to stifle their wishes, which the audience found amusing. There are people from FG, FF and SF on that stage too- I'd like to see them answer a few questions...

And I still don't have any problem with his stance. I don't thin a parent's bigoted stance should prevent a child/teen from getting sex education.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Shatter and McDowell were among the highest earning legal eagles in Ireland and will never be remembered as outstanding ministers of Justice.

Doctors Varadkar & Reilly ran health

Teachers run everything!

Your background or even your family matters little

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He actually referred to his friends as the ones who had sex with older men so they were the minors. At incredibly young ages which is entirely messed up. He didn't advocate for it or favour making it legal. He just said that they there weren't damaged by it, which I'd be inclined to say is probably wrong.

Had to go check which one of us misread it, I've deleted it, inclined to agree about the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

He referred to tatchell as a legendary LGBT activist which he is....

Peter Tatchell may be a "legendary" LGBT activist but it has also been well known for over a quarter of a century that Tatchell was close to founding members and leaders of PIE, wrote extensively on lowering the age of consent up to and including abolishing all age of consent restrictions, and contributed directly to pro paedophilia books like Betrayal of Youth and Dares to Speak. I know about him for years and I am barely interested in his arena, so he is not an unknown figure. One would want to be a bit of a dunce to be aware of his LGBT activism and yet not to know of Tatchells heavy flirtation with pro paedophilia networks.

Having said that people say things a little too enthusiastically in the heat of the moment which might explain the exuberant tweet from this Roderic chap when finding himself in the frame with a "famous" person. Personally I have never heard of this Roderic until now - yup thats how much I give a damn about these politician types!- but I presume that going forward especially as a Minister for Children in an Irish government that he will be a little wiser in who he cheers for in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Peter Tatchell may be a "legendary" LGBT activist but it has also been well known for over a quarter of a century that Tatchell was close to founding members and leaders of PIE, wrote extensively on lowering the age of consent up to and including abolishing all age of consent restrictions, and contributed directly to pro paedophilia books like Betrayal of Youth and Dares to Speak. I know about him for years and I am barely interested in his arena, so he is not an unknown figure. One would want to be a bit of a dunce to be aware of his LGBT activism and yet not to know of Tatchells heavy flirtation with pro paedophilia networks.

Having said that people say things a little too enthusiastically in the heat of the moment which might explain the exuberant tweet from this Roderic chap when finding himself in the frame with a "famous" person. Personally I have never heard of this Roderic until now - yup thats how much I give a damn about these politician types!- but I presume that going forward especially as a Minister for Children in an Irish government that he will be a little wiser in who he cheers for in the public domain.

Wow. This is truly worrying. It's sickening to think that age of consent restrictions could be abolished. Every pedophile in the UK would be free to manipulate young adolescents. Why on earth would one want to associate with an advocate for such lascivious behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

In reponse to that Guardian letter written by Tatchell

https://twitter.com/PeterTatchell/status/1278404756931821569

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Is that standard to be applied to all ministries?

If so, fair enough.

Considering the Children's Minister is responsible for children well being and such that the minister should have some proverbial skin in the game. This is 2 back to back Children's minister without children [Zappone being the one to introduce Ireland where many Irish children will not be born now]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Melania777 wrote: »
    Lol at the greens
    They haven't their soap dodger feet in the door and they're wrecking the gaffe
    Fair play to John Connors

What did Connors do...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement