Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

franglan wrote: »
    Still on the Pearses bandwagon. Heavy pitch, Pearses defensively solid, will stick men back if needed. Will stick county men back if needed. Plus 9 handicap @1/4. I actually think this could be quite close and you can get 11/2 on a Pearses win which is excellent value if you like longshot odds.

under 28.5 points with bet365 might be a bet if it is likely to be a low-scoring defensive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

See plenty writers in the post do sensible bets and probably actually back them.
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    You do understand that like any tipsters employed by a paper they have to provide X amount of bets whether they see value or not, its not like they can be selective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CorkeryABU wrote: »
    See plenty writers in the post do sensible bets and probably actually back them.

You are not comapring like with like, GAA is only on once a week for a set period of time, wouldn't be much of a tipster column to simply say 'no bets for me this week as I dont see any value', which is in reality the case the majority of weekends for a serious punter. The real comparable Tipster in the Racing Post I would suggest is 'Pricewise' who is obliged to provide a big priced cvalue bet in the big race every week wether it exists or not and as a result his ROI and strikerate have diminished significantly over time.

I have no idea what you consdier a 'sensible bet' or how you have come to conclusion that plenty of unnamed tipsters are actually backing their selections but the two GAA tipsters are not, are you privy to information that we are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Pogue eile wrote: »
    You are not comapring like with like, GAA is only on once a week for a set period of time, wouldn't be much of a tipster column to simply say 'no bets for me this week as I dont see any value', which is in reality the case the majority of weekends for a serious punter. The real comparable Tipster in the Racing Post I would suggest is 'Pricewise' who is obliged to provide a big priced cvalue bet in the big race every week wether it exists or not and as a result his ROI and strikerate have diminished significantly over time.

I have no idea what you consdier a 'sensible bet' or how you have come to conclusion that plenty of unnamed tipsters are actually backing their selections but the two GAA tipsters are not, are you privy to information that we are not?

RP issue is likely poor use of staking plan, lots guys will punt a small couple euro on weekend to get feel, but maybe once a month place a large wager

manafana wrote: »
    RP issue is likely poor use of staking plan, lots guys will punt a small couple euro on weekend to get feel, but maybe once a month place a large wager

Absolutely, it's a very difficult position for a tipster to be in, having to provide 'x' amount of bets every week. I doubt there is anyone blindly following either of them, if they are it is what I would call a 'stupid tax' and they deserve to lose their money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Anybody with much of an opinion on st Mullins . Did they catch cuala on the hop or are they at that level. The minus 9 looks tempting as ballyhale would beat a lot of county teams .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

any thoughts on the upcoming games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Corofin are favourites but I think I'll have a bit on Nemo at 5/2, their defence is really good and in a tight game that might be crucial, revenge for 2 years ago also will be a driving force.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Corofin are favourites but I think I'll have a bit on Nemo at 5/2, their defence is really good and in a tight game that might be crucial, revenge for 2 years ago also will be a driving force.

Had Nemo +3 myself. Expected them to do well. Hopefully they can get going.
    Corofin making them look like a junior team at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

On corofin over 15.5 point at evens. Halfway there at half time. They've been wasteful enough tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Down by 5 after 5 minutes, lost by 6, Corofin in full flow.

Down by 5 after 5 minutes, lost by 6, Corofin in full flow.

Funny thing is they were nowhere near full flow and I’m not being smart . The minus 4 v kilcoo looks a bet . They have played 3 all Ireland club finals in last 6 years and won all by 10 plus points . Wouldn’t be surprised if they do the same again . Especially with the chance to be the first club to win the 3 in a row .they will want to put on a show . Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 2 or 3 lads last game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Great price on Dublin to beat a very experimental Galway team in Sunday's Walsh Cup - PP offering 6/4 for Dublin Win - Good Luck all!

365 are out of step with other bookies offering 11/5 on longford. Most are in or around evens

robbiezero wrote: »
    365 are out of step with other bookies offering 11/5 on longford. Most are in or around evens

Just about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Danick wrote: »
    Great price on Dublin to beat a very experimental Galway team in Sunday's Walsh Cup - PP offering 6/4 for Dublin Win - Good Luck all!

Any word on th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Danick wrote: »

Any word on the Dublin team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

sasta le wrote: »
    Any word on the Dublin team?
    https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/six-changes-to-senior-hurling-team-for-galway-tie

Six changes but still looks like they can beat Galway - great keeper and Galway don't look like they much going on upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Could anyone shed some light as to why Conahy Shamrocks are 7/4 v Russell Rovers in the Junior Hurling All Ireland Final.

Don't know much about either team only that Russell Rovers drew the semi final against the Galway side but were missing a key player who is now available for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Could anyone shed some light as to why Conahy Shamrocks are 7/4 v Russell Rovers in the Junior Hurling All Ireland Final.

Don't know much about either team only that Russell Rovers drew the semi final against the Galway side but were missing a key player who is now available for the final.

22-15 to Conahy FT

• Advertisement

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    22-15 to Conahy FT

Nice . Hope u made it pay .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Like the look of Dublin to win the football league and Limerick to win the hurling at 9/1

Limerick look a shoe in for the hurling, seem to be a few weeks ahead of everyone in terms of fitness and will go gun ho for the league to try put their off field problems behind them.

Dublin i'd imagine might find it a little tougher than usual but the final back in croker you'd imagine they should be able win it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Like the look of Dublin to win the football league and Limerick to win the hurling at 9/1

Limerick look a shoe in for the hurling, seem to be a few weeks ahead of everyone in terms of fitness and will go gun ho for the league to try put their off field problems behind them.

Dublin i'd imagine might find it a little tougher than usual but the final back in croker you'd imagine they should be able win it.

When are the Dubs back from holidays? Might they be vulnerable to Kerry in first game @ 13/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

robbiezero wrote: »
    When are the Dubs back from holidays? Might they be vulnerable to Kerry in first game @ 13/8.

Just back in the last week I think.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Agree on Limerick for the hurling.

Really fancy Kerry for the football though, they need/want silverware. Can't see Dublin being anywhere near up to pace for the first few rounds.

17/1 double taken e/w for the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

I'll try and keep this up to date again...

Racing Post GAA 2020

Jennings NFL Outright selections

Tyrone (NFL Division 1)
    2pts 10-1 BoyleSports

Kildare (NFL Division 2)
    2pts 5-2 bet365

Kildare & Armagh to be promoted (NFL Division 2)
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

Cork not to lose a game (NFL Division 3)
    3pts 11-4 Paddy Power

Cork & Derry to be promoted (NFL Division 3)
    2pts 100-30 Paddy Power

Leitrim not to win a game (NFL Division 3)
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power

Antrim (NFL Division 4)
    2pts 3-1 general

A new Tipster drafted in for the Hurling, Mark Boylan? NHL Outright selections:

Limerick to top Division 1A
    3pts 9-4 Ladbrokes

Wexford to top Division 1B
    2pts 11-4 Ladbrokes

Limerick to win Division 1
    2pts 4-1 bet365

Offaly (NHL Division 2a)
    2pts 5-4 Paddy Power

Jennings 25/1/20 selections:

Dublin -1 (Dublin vs Kerry)
    2pts 6-5 BoyleSports, Ladbrokes

Dublin-Dublin double result (Dublin vs Kerry)
    2pts 21-10 Boylesports

Over 1.5 Dublin goals (Dublin vs Kerry)
    1pt 7-4 BoyleSports

Mayo -1 (Donegal vs Mayo)
    2pts 21-10 Ladbrokes

Armagh -3 (Armagh vs Cavan)
    2pts 11-10 Betway

Boylan 25/1/20 Selections:

Limerick-Limerick (Tipperary vs Limerick)
    2pts 15-8 Betway

Limerick -3 (Tipperary vs Limerick)
    2pts 6-4 Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Not a great start for both tipsters yesterday.
    Jennings 2/5
    Boylan 0/2

Same As wrote: »

2pts 6-5 BoyleSports, Ladbrokes -2

2pts 21-10 Boylesports -2

1pt 7-4 BoyleSports -1

2pts 21-10 Ladbrokes -2

2pts 11-10 Betway +2.2

2pts 15-8 Betway -2

2pts 6-4 Paddy Power -2

Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017:

Jennings Total Points Staked: 9
    Jenning Total Points Returned: 2.2
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -6.8

Boylan Total Points Staked: 4
    Boylan Total Points Returned: 0
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -4

Jennings Selections 26/1/2020:

Over 17.5 Tyrone points (Tyrone vs Meath)
    3pts 6-5 Paddy Power

Galway -2 (Galway vs Monaghan)
    2pts 6-5 Betfair, Paddy Power

Westmeath -1 (Westmeath vs Clare)
    2pts Evs BoyleSports

Kildare -3 (Kildare vs Fermanagh)
    3pts 4-5 Betway, BoyleSports

Boylan Selections 26/1/2020:

Galway to win by seven to nine points (Galway vs Westmeath)
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

Waterford (Waterford vs Cork)
    2pts 13-8 Boylesports

Dublin (Kilkenny vs Dublin)
    2pts 15-8 Betway

Dublin +2 (Kilkenny vs Dublin)
    3pts 21-20 Betway

Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #10017:

Jennings Total Points Staked: 9
    Jenning Total Points Returned: 2.2
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -6.8
    Jennings Total Selections: 5
    Jennings Total Winners: 1
    %: 20%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 4
    Boylan Total Points Returned: 0
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -4
    Boylan Total Selections: 2
    Boylan Total Winners: 0
    %: 0%

Jennings Selections 26/1/2020:

Over 17.5 Tyrone points (Tyrone vs Meath)
    3pts 6-5 Paddy Power -3

Galway -2 (Galway vs Monaghan)
    2pts 6-5 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

Westmeath -1 (Westmeath vs Clare)
    2pts Evs BoyleSports -2

Kildare -3 (Kildare vs Fermanagh)
    3pts 4-5 Betway, BoyleSports +2.4

Boylan Selections 26/1/2020:

Galway to win by seven to nine points (Galway vs Westmeath)
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power -1

Waterford (Waterford vs Cork)
    2pts 13-8 Boylesports +3.25

Dublin (Kilkenny vs Dublin)
    2pts 15-8 Betway -2

Dublin +2 (Kilkenny vs Dublin)
    3pts 21-20 Betway -3

Jennings Total Points Staked: 19
    Jenning Total Points Returned (Profit) : 4.6
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -11.4
    Jennings Total Selections: 9
    Jennings Total Winners: 2
    %: 10.2%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 12
    Boylan Total Points Returned (Profit) : 3.25
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -6.75
    Boylan Total Selections: 6
    Boylan Total Winners: 1
    %: 16.67%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Racing Post GAA 2020

Jennings NFL Outright selections

Tyrone (NFL Division 1)
    2pts 10-1 BoyleSports

Kildare (NFL Division 2)
    2pts 5-2 bet365

Kildare & Armagh to be promoted (NFL Division 2)
    1pt 9-2 Paddy Power

Cork not to lose a game (NFL Division 3)
    3pts 11-4 Paddy Power

Cork & Derry to be promoted (NFL Division 3)
    2pts 100-30 Paddy Power

Leitrim not to win a game (NFL Division 3)
    2pts 9-4 Paddy Power

Antrim (NFL Division 4)
    2pts 3-1 general

A new Tipster drafted in for the Hurling, Mark Boylan? NHL Outright selections:

Limerick to top Division 1A
    3pts 9-4 Ladbrokes

Wexford to top Division 1B
    2pts 11-4 Ladbrokes

Limerick to win Division 1
    2pts 4-1 bet365

Offaly (NHL Division 2a)
    2pts 5-4 Paddy Power

2pts 6-5 BoyleSports, Ladbrokes

2pts 21-10 Boylesports

1pt 7-4 BoyleSports

2pts 21-10 Ladbrokes

2pts 11-10 Betway

2pts 15-8 Betway

2pts 6-4 Paddy Power

Mark boylan is the young lad who wrote the song about cheltenham, kauto star back 8 or 9 years ago . doubt he would know a whole lot about gaa if its the same fella

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement