Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

CapsLock20 wrote: »

Ferbane are a young, up and coming side who had been knocking on the door at semi final and final stages over the past four or five years before finally winning the championship this year. They beat reigning champions Rhode in the final. Rhode were going for a first ever four in a row. I'd imagine that win will give Ferbane serious confidence and belief. Cian Johnson and Joe Maher are their star men in the forwards.

St Pats stood no chance against Rhode last year having only won Wicklow the day before. It was a disgrace that they were asked to play that game. They will be eager to prove a point I'd say.

I should've added that Niall McNamee didn't play for Rhode in the final because of a head injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Kenagh (Longford) versus Berlin (Germany) in junior football QF today. 8/11 with boyles on Kenagh win. Playing at a higher standard has been movement to 8/11 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Nemo should do the job over Duhallow tomorrow @4/7 in the Cork SFC final. Word is that Duhallow had only 6 at training last Sunday and not going too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

hurler97 wrote: »
      Nemo should do the job over Duhallow tomorrow @4/7 in the Cork SFC final. Word is that Duhallow had only 6 at training last Sunday and not going too well.
      Surely a piss take?

franglan wrote: »
      Kenagh (Longford) versus Berlin (Germany) in junior football QF today. 8/11 with boyles on Kenagh win. Playing at a higher standard has been movement to 8/11 this morning.

Kenagh win 3-15 to 3-5.

• Advertisement

Had it down go 3 or 4 points at one stage in second half. Wasn't at it but fitness and playing at a higher level probably played a part and Kenagh kicked points with no reply to see it out.

Gone for Pearses (Ros) against Tourlastrane (Sligo) this weekend in Connacht senior club. Its now or never for Tourlastrane as multiple Sligo champions. They ran Ballintubber close last year. For me Pearses have won all types of games this year whether it be tight contests or shoot-outs. They have the 3 Daly's, Davy Murray and Hubert D'Arcy who start for Ros plus another Daly who will be near County standard along with Richardson and young Carey who will step up to intercounty in next year or two. @5/6 Pearses are value for me even in Shligo Town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Rathdowney-Errill look a good bet at 6-4 v St Rynagh's.

Bahanaman wrote: »
      Rathdowney-Errill look a good bet at 6-4 v St Rynagh's.

Agreed. They were as big as 2/1 earlier in the week. Two All Star nominees Paddy Purcell and Jack Kelly, Mark Kavanagh and Roddy King in their side.

I also fancy the four underdogs in this weekend's Ulster club senior matches. Worth a flutter at good odds especially Casterahan (12/5) playing tired Donegal champions.

Castlerahan at 12/5 and donegal's poor record in ulster and a Wednesday night game. That's nice. Outside of that betting on this club football particularly at the lower grades is a lottery. Boys might have won their first county title ever/in years and are on the absolute booze. Would have little enough interest going toe to toe with some other county champion 6 days after winning their county where the other team are training solid booze free for 2 weeks. Put in a biteen of an effort, lose by a few and the rest of the winter off. G'luk.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Kilcoo 2/1 with B365.

1/2 Elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Frozen Veg wrote: »
      Kilcoo 2/1 with B365.

1/2 Elsewhere.

1/2 now, will be palped if anyone backed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Jennings Outrights:

Donegal to win All-Ireland SFC
      1pt 22-1 Boylesports -1

Donegal to reach All-Ireland SFC semi-final
      3pts 9-4 Ladbrokes -3

Winning county to come from Ulster (All Ireland SFC)
      1pt 5-1 Ladbrokes -1

Meath without Dublin (Leinster SFC Outright)
      5pts 8-13 Paddy Power +3.08

Mayo to win Connacht SFC Outright
      4pts 6-5 BoyleSports -4

Cork and Kerry to meet in final (Munster SFC)
      3pts 4-6 Paddy Power +2

Donegal to win Ulster SFC Outright
      2pts 3-1 Betfair, Boylesports, Paddy Power +6

Donegal and Monaghan to meet in Ulster SFC final
      1pt 9-2 Betfair, Paddy Power -1

+1.08 on Team Outrights

Jennings Senior Football Championship Player Outright Selections:

Cillian O'Sullivan top championship scorer from play
      0.5pt 80-1 Paddy Power -0.5

Michael Newman championship top scorer
      2pts 20-1 Ladbrokes -2

Michael Murphy Footballer of the Year
      1pt 40-1 Betfair, Paddy Power -1

Brian Howard Footballer of the Year
      1pt 50-1 BoyleSports -1

Jamie Brennan Footballer of the Year
      0.5pt 200-1 BoyleSports -0.5

Michael Murphy to win an All-Star
      2pts 5-1 Paddy Power +10

Dean Rock championship top scorer (AISFC 2019)
      1pt 25-1 Paddy Power -1

Adrian Mullen to win an All Star - 2019 Hurling Outrights
      5pts Evs Paddy Power -5

-1 on Player Outrights

Mulvihill Outrights

Limerick (All Ireland SHC Outright)
      2pts 7-2 bet365 -2

Cork (All Ireland SHC Outright)
      2pts 6-1 BoyleSports -2

Limerick-Cork straight forecast (All Ireland SHC Outright)
      1pt 28-1 Paddy Power -1

Dublin to reach semi-final (All Ireland SHC Outright)
      2pts 2-1 Paddy Power -2

Galway, Kilkenny & Dublin to fill the top three places in any order (Leinster SHC Outright)
      3pts 5-4 Paddy Power -3

Dublin and Galway to meet in the final (Leinster SHC Outright)
      1pt 4-1 Paddy Power -1

Dublin to reach the final (Leinster SHC Outright)
      2pts 13-8 Paddy Power -2

Cork to win Munster (Munster SHC Outright)
      1pt 4-1 Boylesports -1

Cork, Waterford & Limerick to fill top three places in any order (Munster SHC Outright)
      1pt 7-1 Paddy Power -1

Cork & Limerick to reach the final (Munster SHC Outright)
      2pts 7-2 Paddy Power -2

-17 on Team Outrights.

Mulvihill Senior Hurling Championship Player Outright Selections

Cathal Mannion Hurler of the Year
      1pt 20-1 Paddy Power -1

Jamie Barron Hurler of the Year
      1pt 22-1 Paddy Power -1

Darragh Fitzgibbon Hurler of the Year
      1pt 28-1 Paddy Power -1

Adrian Mullen Young Hurler of the Year
      1pt 16-1 Paddy Power +16

Aaron Gillane top scorer from play
      2pts 6-1 Paddy Power -2

Eoghan O’Donnell to win an All Star
      1pt 6-1 BoyleSports -1

Cathal Mannion to win an All Star
      2pts 11-4 BoyleSports -2

Peter Casey to win an All Star
      1pt 7-1 Paddy Power -1

+7 on Player Outrights.

End of Season P/L for Racing Post Tipsters:

Jennings: +25.13
      Mulvihill: -31.24

Profit in the end for Jennings, bad year for Mulvihill.

I'd imagine the ROI for Jennings is poor considering the volume of points staked, but profit is profit I guess.

Surely better out there, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Same As wrote: »

I'd imagine the ROI for Jennings is poor considering the volume of points staked, but profit is profit I guess.

It’s hard to make profit over a season in fairness . Any profit is good

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

I know its gaa betting but peshkova in dundalk today is said to have gone to another level over the last few weeks. 3/1@ 3.50.very confident yard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I know its gaa betting but peshkova in dundalk today is said to have gone to another level over the last few weeks. 3/1@ 3.50.very confident yard

Finished 5th!

Drifted from 3/1 to 7/1 in the half hour after you posted!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Sticking in Connacht this weekend. On Pearses - 1 against Tír Connell (London) @4/7 and Kilmaine win against Ballinameen @4/11. Two singles for following reasons:

Was at Pearses Tourlastrane game last weekend (20 euro in - outrageous). Pearses were way too strong against a poor enough looking Sligo champion, couldn't break through Pearses defense. Daly's stuck in the middle of it with one getting a black and another getting two yellas and getting sent off early in second half. Niall Daly really drove Pearses on, with some super scores from young Carey again I think they'll be too well balanced and a better team compared to their London rivals this weekend.

In the Junior game Kilmaine seem to score goals for fun no less so than last weekend against Glenamaddy. Held their own and more in Mayo Division 2 and finished close to the promotion spots which is impressive for a junior championship side. Ballinameen were mid table division 3 in Ros and don't have much by way of stand out players. They did well to win Ros Junior championship as they would have been far from favourites, beating a young Brigids B team and they will battle. I think Kilmaine will be too much for them so going for the Mayo Junior runners up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

St Thomas ht/ft15/8
      East Kerry ht/ft5/2
      St Joseph's miltown ht/ft 8/11

I think TCG are going to beat Padraig Pearses today. TCG ran last year's Roscommon champs to five points at Dr Hyde Park having led with 15 minutes to go. They have lost a few players from last year's team but have been boosted by an influx of home grown talent. They came six points down in the London final and completed the double last weekend when winning the league. A London team has never been better prepared. 9/2 with Boyles .

I think TCG are going to beat Padraig Pearses today. TCG ran last year's Roscommon champs to five points at Dr Hyde Park having led with 15 minutes to go. They have lost a few players from last year's team but have been boosted by an influx of home grown talent. They came six points down in the London final and completed the double last weekend when winning the league. A London team has never been better prepared. 9/2 with Boyles .

Bad call.

• Advertisement

Double of Kilmaine to win junior Connacht club against St Michaels of Sligo and Templenoe to beat Éire Óg in Munster intermediate. Got the double at just over 6/10. Will fill in more details on why later.

franglan wrote: »
      Double of Kilmaine to win junior Connacht club against St Michaels of Sligo and Templenoe to beat Éire Óg in Munster intermediate. Got the double at just over 6/10. Will fill in more details on why later.

Kilmaine will be too strong for Sligo champions I'd imagine but interested to know your thoughts on Templenoe. I think the odds are a bit off for the game against Eire Og. Templenoe are overhyped imo because of the fact they have 4 Kerry seniors. Take those four lads out and they're limited enough squad wise and that was evident in their league form this year when they had to forfeit games. Eire Og will have home advantage and with forwards like former All Star Daniel Goulding, Ex Aussie Rules player Ciaran Sheehan and U20 All Ireland winner Colm O Callaghan I can see them troubling Templenoe. Cork midfielder Ronan O Toole also plays with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Kilmaine will be too strong for Sligo champions I'd imagine but interested to know your thoughts on Templenoe. I think the odds are a bit off for the game against Eire Og. Templenoe are overhyped imo because of the fact they have 4 Kerry seniors. Take those four lads out and they're limited enough squad wise and that was evident in their league form this year when they had to forfeit games. Eire Og will have home advantage and with forwards like former All Star Daniel Goulding, Ex Aussie Rules player Ciaran Sheehan and U20 All Ireland winner Colm O Callaghan I can see them troubling Templenoe. Cork midfielder Ronan O Toole also plays with them.

Agree re: Eire Og, Templenoe are very short at 1/5 or 1/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

They only forfeited one game and that was the weekend Kerry were playing Donegal in the senior and Kerry Juniors were playing Galway in the All-Ireland final. Stephen O'Sullivan and John Spillane both played in the Junior game that weekend as well. They also had 3 or 4 lads injured at the same time iirc.

I don't know if I'd totally agree that they are over-hyped because of the 4 senior lads.

Beyond the four Kerry Seniors of Tadgh Morley, Gavin Crowley, Adrian Spillane, Cillian Spillane, they have the 2 lads who were with the juniors this year -Stephen O'Sullivan and John Spillane
      Brian Crowley, a brother of Gavin's was invovled with the Kerry Juniors a few years back. They have another player Patrick Clifford who was involved with the Kerry Juniors a few years back as well. I'm nearly certain both of these have been involved with Kerry underage teams.

They also have a brother of Adrian and Cillian, Tom and they have Pat Jr who is a son of Pat. There are a couple more of lads on the team who I'd put into the category of decent club footballers.

Their big issue is that they have no squad depth whatsoever.
      For one of the county league games that they did play this summer they had 1 sub who was 47.
      When they can field their strongest 15 Templenoe are a very strong team and I don't think they have any injuries at the moment.

I do think Templenoe are a bit short but it definitely isn't the case of the 4 Kerry senior lads and 11 others to make up the numbers. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was the case that the bigger names on both sides held each other and the 2nd-line guys from Templenoe were the winning of the game for them. I'm saying this not knowing what the quality of the rest of the Eire Og team is like beyond the big names.

In terms of the Kerry teams in action this weekend it's hard to see Stacks beating Nemo and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kilshannig beat Na Gaeil. I think there is far more value in backing the two Cork teams in those games, than opposing Templemore.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
      They only forfeited one game and that was the weekend Kerry were playing Donegal in the senior and Kerry Juniors were playing Galway in the All-Ireland final. Stephen O'Sullivan and John Spillane both played in the Junior game that weekend as well. They also had 3 or 4 lads injured at the same time iirc.

I don't know if I'd totally agree that they are over-hyped because of the 4 senior lads.

Beyond the four Kerry Seniors of Tadgh Morley, Gavin Crowley, Adrian Spillane, Cillian Spillane, they have the 2 lads who were with the juniors this year -Stephen O'Sullivan and John Spillane
      Brian Crowley, a brother of Gavin's was invovled with the Kerry Juniors a few years back. They have another player Patrick Clifford who was involved with the Kerry Juniors a few years back as well. I'm nearly certain both of these have been involved with Kerry underage teams.

They also have a brother of Adrian and Cillian, Tom and they have Pat Jr who is a son of Pat. There are a couple more of lads on the team who I'd put into the category of decent club footballers.

Their big issue is that they have no squad depth whatsoever.
      For one of the county league games that they did play this summer they had 1 sub who was 47.
      When they can field their strongest 15 Templenoe are a very strong team and I don't think they have any injuries at the moment.

I do think Templenoe are a bit short but it definitely isn't the case of the 4 Kerry senior lads and 11 others to make up the numbers. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was the case that the bigger names on both sides held each other and the 2nd-line guys from Templenoe were the winning of the game for them. I'm saying this not knowing what the quality of the rest of the Eire Og team is like beyond the big names.

In terms of the Kerry teams in action this weekend it's hard to see Stacks beating Nemo and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kilshannig beat Na Gaeil. I think there is far more value in backing the two Cork teams in those games, than opposing Templemore.

Over hyped was probably the wrong term to use but I do feel too much is being made of Templenoe because of their four county seniors. I had read on another forum that Templenoe "had to forfeit county league games this year due to missing the kerry contingent" and took it as gospel! Eire Og have other players that played with Cork at some point including full back John Mullins who captained the county juniors this year, Jack Murphy who was a substitute for the U20s, Kevin Hallissey who I think has played all levels for Cork, Eoin O'Shea and a number of players from their U21 team who were recently beaten in the A semi final. Ciaran Sheehan has been used as an impact sub as well. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Eire Og turned them over. The venue is worth a few points too.

I've nothing further to add on munster intermediate game - thanks to the lads for the write ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Templenoe 12 points to 2 ahead at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CorkeryABU

Lot of good lads on twitter and doing blogs for other sites. @GAApicks on Twitter are good, and don’t shoot out 40 points a weekend like DJ
      Same As wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CorkeryABU wrote: »
      Lot of good lads on twitter and doing blogs for other sites. @GAApicks on Twitter are good, and don’t shoot out 40 points a weekend like DJ

You do understand that like any tipsters employed by a paper they have to provide X amount of bets whether they see value or not, its not like they can be selective.

• Advertisement

Still on the Pearses bandwagon. Heavy pitch, Pearses defensively solid, will stick men back if needed. Will stick county men back if needed. Plus 9 handicap @1/4. I actually think this could be quite close and you can get 11/2 on a Pearses win which is excellent value if you like longshot odds.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement