Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

Tiernster7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone say what holiday charters run from Shannon still to destinations not served by commercial airlines.

Thanks for help!

I think its just pilgrimage flights to Lourdes.

TUI serve Palma, Reus & Lanzarote which are also served by Ryanair. Sunway are using flights from Shannon using Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tiernster7

Thanks! Flyshannon and sunway reference destinations like Lisbon and Budapest which don't really make sense as connections, figured a charter was possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

British Airways flight BAW286 from San Francisco to London Heathrow diverted to Shannon yesterday.

Crew change.

Saw her coming in .... wondered what was up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What's the story with parking charges this year? Seems like a week in the cheap long term has gone up a lot since last year. 8 days in SNN is 42, same in Cork 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

TheDriver wrote: »
    What's the story with parking charges this year? Seems like a week in the cheap long term has gone up a lot since last year. 8 days in SNN is 42, same in Cork 33.

The park 4 less car park is showing as 36eur for 8 days when I quote it and Cork is 34eur for the same period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It was Feb-Mar that brings up my price.

Edit seems like it's same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Flight diverts to Shannon with ‘unruly passenger’ (Clare Herald)

A US-bound flight has made an emergency at Shannon Airport this afternoon after the crew reported they had a ‘unruly passenger’ on board.

American Airlines flight AA-71 was travelling from Frankfurt, Germany to Dallas in the U.S. when the flight crew issued a Mayday radio distress call at around 12.30pm.

It’s understood the man had been ‘moving around the aircraft’ and ‘acting strangely’ possibly as a result of a medical episode. The crew reported the passenger was suffering from a ‘psychotic’ episode.

Iranian ambassador rules out attack on Shannon Airport (Irish Times)

Iran’s ambassador to Ireland has ruled out Shannon Airport or Donald Trump’s golf resort in Co Clare becoming potential targets for Iran in any military escalation with the United States.

I'm worst for posting this but do the Dublin media have a desire for creating some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy by running along to the Iranian Embassy and presenting them with a list of soft targets. You don't see other European newspapers approaching their Iranian Embassies with such lists!

Shannon Free Zone FMCI facility ‘can be leading centre in Europe’ (Clare Echo) :cool:

A 13km private road testing facility for driverless vehicles is to be constructed in the Shannon Free Zone.

An allocation of €4,723,197 from the Regional Enterprise Development Fund is to finance the Future Mobility Campus Ireland (FMCI) project. The ‘state of the art’ facility is to provide technology companies and researchers with the ability to assess and enhance their innovations.

Leading international companies in the ACES sector such as Jaguar Land Rover, Cisco, AMAX Engineering, Taoglas, Mergon International, General Motors, Analog Devices, Valeo, SGS, PiPiper, Transpoco, Arralis and Arup will have the facility made available to them for rental purposes.

Excellent news .... but can they really get a 13km private road into the free zone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

hobie14 wrote: »
    Excellent news .... but can they really get a 13km private road into the free zone ?

Cant wait to see this!

Maybe they can build a road along the edge of the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

easypazz wrote: »
    Cant wait to see this!

Maybe they can build a road along the edge of the airport.

Is it not the current road network with sensors etc that are currently being cabled for?

The CSO statistics for September are out.

500045.png

London-bound flight diverts to Shannon with technical issue (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic flight as forced to divert to Shannon Airport this afternoon after the crew reported a technical issue that would prevent them from landing at their destination.

British Airways flight BA-274 left Las Vegas in the U.S. at 4.40am Irish time and was due to land at London’s Heathrow Airport at 2.55pm.

***************************************************************************************

On Sunday an United Airways diverted to Shannon while routing from Houston to Frankfurt.

Reason unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

London-bound flight diverts to Shannon with technical issue (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic flight as forced to divert to Shannon Airport this afternoon after the crew reported a technical issue that would prevent them from landing at their destination.

British Airways flight BA-274 left Las Vegas in the U.S. at 4.40am Irish time and was due to land at London’s Heathrow Airport at 2.55pm.

***************************************************************************************

On Sunday an United Airways diverted to Shannon while routing from Houston to Frankfurt.

Reason unknown
    Medical as usual sunday

Shannon Group confident about the year ahead (Shannon Group)

After six successive years of growth at the Airport, passenger numbers were down by 8% to 1.71 million in 2019 owing, in the main, to the global grounding of the Boeing 737 Max Jet which led to the cancellation of 13 weekly transatlantic services during the peak summer season.

“From a Shannon Airport perspective, the global grounding of the Boeing 737 Max for safety reasons saw us lose 120,000 seats which affected our Norwegian Airlines and Air Canada services to North America. This was a disproportionate hit for Shannon compared to other Irish airports. Last year also saw the ending of Kuwait Airways’ transit flights through Shannon to New York, which we secured in June 2016 as a temporary service until the airline received approval for direct flights into the US.

“However, in totality, the year has illustrated Shannon Airport’s strength and resilience as we were able to close it out with the announcement of three new services to Paris, Barcelona and Vienna. This has left us quite positive about the year ahead as they will help us return to growth again in 2020.

A major plus on the aviation, investment and job creation side was that last year 15 new indigenous and overseas aviation businesses located in Shannon, . . . . This is a clear indication that the Shannon aviation brand, which our International Aviation Services Centre (IASC) is endeavouring to promote, is having real impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Having seen the presentation on the CAV the Private road is Private in the sense it is on Private Land, i.e the Industrial Estate of the Shannon Free Zone, not in itself a new private road on the Airport land.

I have moved on from a company that is hoping to be involved in the scheme so anything I know is only up to the end of 2019 at least. Throwing that in there just in case anything has changed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Berty wrote: »
    Having seen the presentation on the CAV the Private road is Private in the sense it is on Private Land, i.e the Industrial Estate of the Shannon Free Zone, not in itself a new private road on the Airport land.

I have moved on from a company that is hoping to be involved in the scheme so anything I know is only up to the end of 2019 at least. Throwing that in there just in case anything has changed recently.

sshhh that was supposed to be a secret :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sshhh that was supposed to be a secret :D:D:D

Secrets shouldn't be in Powerpoint presentations :D

Berty wrote: »

If that means they plan to use existing roads within the industrial estate I guess you could end up using something like the 13kms mentioned but it's going to be interesting for sure ...

• Advertisement

Shannon - Commercial Movements (IAA)

|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec|Total
    2015|1,253|1,026|1,277|1,454|1,725|2,169|2,058|1,728|1,780|1,645|1,283|1,312|18,710
    2016|1,222|1,128|1,390|1,488|1,807|2,031|2,032|1,834|1,839|1,698|1,353|1,327|19,149
    2017|1,291|1,215|1,429|1,446|1,776|1,975|1,949|1,885|1,778|1,796|1,440|1,316|19,296
    2018|1,301|1,200|1,368|1,575|1,829|2,098|2,104|1,949|2,066|1,858|1,385|1,369|20,102
    2019|1,246|1,087|1,320|1,444|1,836|1,951|1,976|1,843|1,974|1,738|1,254|1,191|18,833
    Change|-4.2%|-9.4%|-3.5%|-8.3%|+0.4%|-7.0%|-6.1%|-5.4%|-5.8%|-6.5%|-9.5%|-13.0%|-6.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭golfball37

Manchester 6 times weekly from March 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Deagol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

golfball37 wrote: »
    Manchester 6 times weekly from March 31st

why dont ye start flights to liverpool?

what about flights to bristol?

but no flights to Glasgow???

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

why dont ye start flights to liverpool?

what about flights to bristol?

but no flights to Glasgow???

:pac:

Glasgow was a route by Flybe around a decade ago, however usership was not great. Granted economically we were in a different place 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Glasgow was a route by Flybe around a decade ago, however usership was not great. Granted economically we were in a different place 10 years ago.

Yeah I remember that. It was about 2013. My mate was on Erasmus in Glasgow at the time so it worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 huron

Saw Timmy Dooley waving at people standing in front of a van at the entrance to the industrial estate this morning.
    Interesting campaign tactic there Timmy. Wave at people who you actively voted against?
    A wave is as good as a vote in Timmy's book then? How much then for just two fingers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

huron wrote: »
    Saw Timmy Dooley waving at people standing in front of a van at the entrance to the industrial estate this morning.
    Interesting campaign tactic there Timmy. Wave at people who you actively voted against?
    A wave is as good as a vote in Timmy's book then? How much then for just two fingers?

Timmy Heathrow Dooley will probably top the poll.

People have short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

tv221 wrote: »

That article actually says it was due to land in Limerick ffs. The lads in Coonagh would have got some shock.

Advertisement