Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Can the voucher be used to purchase a gift voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

CFC007 wrote: »
    Can the voucher be used to purchase a gift voucher?

you can buy a dunnes voucher with it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Really? So I can go in and buy a €100 vchr and hand over €75 cash?

That'd be great, coz there's only so many vchrs you can use between now and 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Thought there were exclusions with these. As in cant be used for baby formula, cigarettes, mobile top up and vouchers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone is looking for something a little more unusual to buy in Dunnes- they're currently flogging the large 1Kg jars of Nutella at EUR3 each- which is phenomenal value (though trips to the dentist may make up for the savings..........)

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Thought there were exclusions with these. As in cant be used for baby formula, cigarettes, mobile top up and vouchers

I bought a Dunnes voucher last Christmas
    When Tesco were accepting them I died to buy their gift cards and go back with another voucher to use with the gift card it was great but sadly they stopped that

OmegaGene wrote: »
    it was great but sadly they stopped that

Someone likely forgot to code an exception on it.......
    Very possibly cost someone their job.

Someone likely forgot to code an exception on it.......
    Very possibly cost someone their job.

It was working for years in Tesco, it only stopped when they stopped accepting them for toys and then they stopped accepting them totally

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Terms and conditions of the Dunnes Stores Voucher state that "it may not be redeemed against purchases of tobacco products, medicines, lottery products, infant milk, formula, gift vouchers, gift cards, savings stamps, mobile top-up, restaurants/café or other excluded products".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If anyone is looking for something a little more unusual to buy in Dunnes- they're currently flogging the large 1Kg jars of Nutella at EUR3 each- which is phenomenal value (though trips to the dentist may make up for the savings..........)

If you can find them, seems to be sold out wherever I looked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got Dunnes gift card from work today.

Is there a time frame to get it activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I got Dunnes gift card from work today.

Is there a time frame to get it activated?

Dont think you have to activate it. Just present it at the till

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I checked balance online, it says zero. It looks like it will take 24 hours.
    Dont think you have to activate it. Just present it at the till

zell12 wrote: »
    €25 off €100 in Sindo 15/12
    valid til 31/12, costs €3.20

Anyone know off hand if there is a threshold on these. Could I go in and get 75 off a 300 spend using 3 vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

Anyone know off hand if there is a threshold on these. Could I go in and get 75 off a 300 spend using 3 vouchers?

You can spend 200 and 100 and get the benefit. given that they are for groceries and booze, it is hard to think of single items costing 300.

Just thinking the turkey, ham and booze would be over 100 and then the normal weekly bits on top of extra bits and pieces. Is normally around 350 for the christmas shop, but wife isn't coming so that should save about 50 :D

You can use multiple vouchers once the spend covers the required amount
    A family at Christmas will easily spend €300 on shopping so €75 off sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sindo has a €10 off €50 spend
    costs €3.20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

The €10 off €50 voucher will be in the Sunday World this weekend

https://twitter.com/sundayworld/status/1236044941060706304?s=21

Another €10 off €50 spend in today's Examiner
    costs €3.20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

only 3 Sunday worlds left in the garage today and no vouchers in them, that is so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Don't suppose anyone has a spare one they aren't using?

Coupons now valid for 21 days instead of 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Dunnes are going to lose out big time over coming weeks having completely neglected online grocery shopping. Tesco and Supervalu will be significant winners in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dunnes Charlestown no €5 voucher for €25 spend I was told

we just don't do them for that much only 50 euros ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes Charlestown no €5 voucher for €25 spend I was told

we just don't do them for that much only 50 euros ones.

I have only seen these in a couple of city centre (Dublin) shops. They are not the norm around Dublin (my observation/opinion).

In recent times, Dunnes are giving one 5/20 voucher if U spend 50 or more on Thursday/Friday/Saturday. This 5/20 voucher is in addition to the normal 10/50 vouchers but must be used between the following Sunday to Wednesday.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Dunnes are going to lose out big time over coming weeks having completely neglected online grocery shopping. Tesco and Supervalu will be significant winners in this regard.

I'm not sure its an issue.
    Have you tried to book a delivery slot for Tesco or Supervalu in the last few days? When the next available slot is in 2 weeks time- its completely unusable. The other supermarkets do not have the capacity to capitalise on these strange times that we find ourselves in. Even the pick-and-collect from Supervalu is snowed under. The most that people can hope for- is that the queues into stores aren't too lengthy- and that reasonable quotas are imposed on high demand products. These are strange times- but they too will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Are there any vouchers in today’s papers?

Doodah7 wrote: »

Tesco and SuperValu don’t make profit from deliveries it’s actually costing them money when you factor in the fleet expenses a driver and diesel so dunnes won’t lose out at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Tesco and SuperValu don’t make profit from deliveries it’s actually costing them money when you factor in the fleet expenses a driver and diesel so dunnes won’t lose out at all

I e seen tesco and sv people picking orders. They dont give a fook. I'd never use it

Advertisement