Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Md o shea in ballincollig having a sale again this sunday. 4 bags of smokeless ovoids for 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭razorronan

physioman wrote: »
    Have a couple of bags of cw ovoids left over from last year and bought a tonne of movies from easyglow but haven't lit a fire yet. That's great they are burning well.

Be sure to let us now how the two compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 photovoodoo100

Just got a tonne of ovoids from coal warehouse finding them very good compared to some of the stuff I was burning good constant heat, big thanks to the posters here for all the great advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Just got a tonne of ovoids from coal warehouse finding them very good compared to some of the stuff I was burning good constant heat, big thanks to the posters here for all the great advice

ive been buying it a few years now and its never let me down.

This batch seems to be extra good as Im barely getting any ash from it. Im only having to clean it out every 2 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 photovoodoo100

ive been buying it a few years now and its never let me down.

This batch seems to be extra good as Im barely getting any ash from it. Im only having to clean it out every 2 days now.

Yeah very good here now and stove pumping heat for last few hours and haven't put much into it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Any comparisons between coalwareshouse ovoids and easyglow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Has anybody tried the new ECOBRIQ from Coal Warehouse (present price €180 per tonne)

Thnaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Anyone else get a tonne of Ovoids this season from CW?

This is my 3rd year/tonne lads, but I've just started on this year's pallet and the first bag/ovoids are very disapointing :(

I hope I'm wrong and just an anomaly, but the heat ain't great and had a few clinkers this morning left over , where other years just had the yellow ash.

Anyone else with similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,523 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Collected 10 40kg of polish doubles in Hoyes in Culloville yesterday. €12 a bag.

Just lit the stove there and it’s banging out great heat, very happy.

This is my 3rd year/tonne lads, but I've just started on this year's pallet and the first bag/ovoids are very disapointing :(

I hope I'm wrong and just an anomaly, but the heat ain't great and had a few clinkers this morning left over , where other years just had the yellow ash.

i got a tonne of the stuff a few weeks ago and its better than it usually is. i only posted about it a few posts up from your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Got a Ton of them back in September I think it was and they are burning perfectly. Great heat out of them and no clinkers left in the morning either . No issues on my side here.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Got a tonne of it myself a month or two ago and it's burning great. Got it last year too and never had an issue with it at all.

i got a tonne of the stuff a few weeks ago and its better than it usually is. i only posted about it a few posts up from your post.
    bigron2109 wrote: »
    Got a Ton of them back in September I think it was and they are burning perfectly. Great heat out of them and no clinkers left in the morning either . No issues on my side here.
    JIdontknow wrote: »
    Got a tonne of it myself a month or two ago and it's burning great. Got it last year too and never had an issue with it at all.

I must have got the short straw :(

every year the Ovoids burn great and lots of heat with just ash left in the morning.

This batch has less heat and I am left with this in the mornings...

IMG-20191130-100240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Maybe give them a call. See if they can exchange it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭photosmart

Anyone who recently got easyglow could they share opinion
    on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Tinder Surprise, something defo wrong there. I've burned several ton of CW ovoids over the years and never had issues. Started on my recent ton and burning great. This a once off burn or regular on your latest batch? Defo should put in a call to them as another poster suggested if regular.

BLUEYK wrote: »
    Tinder Surprise, something defo wrong there. I've burned several ton of CW ovoids over the years and never had issues. Started on my recent ton and burning great. This a once off burn or regular on your latest batch? Defo should put in a call to them as another poster suggested if regular.

I've contacted them and gonna send some more information.

I had 4 bags left from last years tonnes, so used them and weekend past started on the new pallet - it was like chalk and cheese.

One thing i did notice (but previous bags could have been the same) is that the ovoids when broken open have like crystallised coal in the middle and feel different than other years. I could be wrong

I've contacted them and gonna send some more information.

I had 4 bags left from last years tonnes, so used them and weekend past started on the new pallet - it was like chalk and cheese.

One thing i did notice (but previous bags could have been the same) is that the ovoids when broken open have like crystallised coal in the middle and feel different than other years. I could be wrong

that picture u posted, are those clinkers heavier than normal, because I remember I would have occasionally a tiny blob of those literally stuck to the grate that I would have to remove by some force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I must have got the short straw :(

every year the Ovoids burn great and lots of heat with just ash left in the morning.

This batch has less heat and I am left with this in the mornings...

IMG-20191130-100240.jpg

The only time I've seen this happen with CW ovoids is when the dampner in the stove is left fully closed over night. I have done this when the room has been quite hot at bedtime. I leave the remaining "clikers" in the stove grate and light the following days fire on top of them with no issue. Maybe there has been a decrease in the general quality of smokeless fuels in the last while. My outlaws have recently started using smokeless ovoids (not sure of the brand) in a stove and aren't at all happy with them. I did have an issue with CW product previously and tbf they resolved it quickly and to my complete satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

This is ecobrite coal,this was left after 2 fires,I usually use superterm,but said I try a couple bags of this,anyone any idea why it's not hiring to ash

• Advertisement

This is ecobrite coal,this was left after 2 fires,I usually use superterm,but said I try a couple bags of this,anyone any idea why it's not hiring to ash

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

soap1978 wrote: »

They look like they weren't burned.
    I used a ton of Ecobrite last year and they turned to ash no problem, and gave great heat.
    Do you open up your stove to get it going and burning well and then turn down the air supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Any good deals on stovefuel for new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, can I burn wood and coal, on the grate at the same time, my grate has cracked (11 years old), so binned it and just burning wood, apparently the grate cracking is because of the duel fuel burning…..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

I burn coal and wood and have no problem.

I have a Charnwood backboiler stove where I can adjust the grate bars for open for smokeless coal or closed for wood.
    I leave it open for the coal and put the wood on the top, I can then adjust the air supply to control the burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

I have been using kosy glo smokeless coal from Kosyking for a good few years, we burn just coal in a boiler stove, this last pallet we burned has left a lot of slag on the grate, it is so bad, i need to use a hammer and chisel to knock it off, otherwise it would clog the vents in the grate. Has anyone else had this problem with the latest batch of this coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anybody tried the new ECOBRIQ from Coal Warehouse (present price €180 per tonne)

Thnaks

I've tried them - ****e.
    Loads of ash. They do get the heat up quickly but don't last .
    There s a pallet of kiln dried softwood I can get for about €140 whereas a ton of these are 180 + delivery. -no comparison whatsoever.
    The timber is cleaner, a fraction of the ash and the heat is as good if not better

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads i have a stanley stove and need a tonne of ovoids.

Is the coal warehouse still the best deal?

They quoted me £265 or €300 this morning

According to revolut £265 works out at €311.73

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Lads i have a stanley stove and need a tonne of ovoids.

Is the coal warehouse still the best deal?

They quoted me £265 or €300 this morning

According to revolut £265 works out at €311.73

You need to take into consideration delivery.

the below is a copy and pasta from them.

"Coal Warehouse we ourselves don't do tonne deliveries, we only deliver large quantity orders however we can recommend you courier companies or you can use one of your own choice.
    The 3 we recommend are:
    Liam Connollys which charge €85 per tonne for delivery can ca be contacted on 00442867722998 (card payment).
    Warde Groupage which are €80 per tonne and can be contacted on 00442830263381 (bank transfer).
    McGovern Transport which are €73 per tonne and can be contacted on 0499523342 (bank transfer)"

Advertisement