Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Good work on that Wendy.

The whole convo's about number selection was all fluff imo. Regardless which camp you're in, you want to spread the range of numbers to increase the chance of winning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Morning all. I'm going to be back in a bit and will look over your isos then wendy. Cheers for doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Robin has become Nightwing

robin-and-batgirl-kiss.jpg

The Young apprentice is no longer as tied to the Dark Knight and can act on his own who knows what will happen with himself and Barbara Gordon in the future though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    OOrla voting off wagon looks wolfy initially, but you have to think a wolf self presses onto Ewan so I think it's more villagey than anything tbh.

Tegan's vote however has a lot of red flags tbh.

Voting off wagon onto someone not really in the running for lynching is a bit dodgy. I know you can have these suspicions sometimes but it is always townier to be on board one of the main wagons. Pick a side, don't hedge.

Why is Orla's vote off wagon villagery but Tegan's is wolfy?

I'm not insinuating anything by the question, btw, just trying to understand.

Oooh, congrats on the promotion, Robin!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Why is Orla's vote off wagon villagery but Tegan's is wolfy?

I'm not insinuating anything by the question, btw, just trying to understand.

Sooo tired. I feel like Homer Simpson when he ate 64 slices of American Cheese...

Basically, Orla was the counter wagon to Ewan. As a wolf you'd expect her to instantly self press.

Had one vote from the Ewan wagon moved then you would have had tied wagons, so I don't see a wolf putting themselves in that sort of jeopardy by voting off wagon.

Like it's not even on a viable lynch candidate, Frank was never in the running last night. If she got caught on Eva or Des then it's more believable but away off on Frank?

Nah, I think Orla is just village tbh. *Shrugs*

Ah, thanks, I get you.

Now sleeeep!

It's all very well trying to analyse votes, but wendy said that she didn't like the single wagon and wanted a second wagon. People followed her, and a villager was lynched.

Ewan didnt help himself, but in my opinion, that's an example of waganomics taking over voting for who we think is wolfy and we lost a villager. We shouldn't be voting for waganomics analyses over voting for who we think is wolfy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Robin has become Nightwing

robin-and-batgirl-kiss.jpg

The Young apprentice is no longer as tied to the Dark Knight and can act on his own who knows what will happen with himself and Barbara Gordon in the future though.

Can someone with more Batman knowledge break this down - is this good / bad for us?

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Can someone with more Batman knowledge break this down - is this good / bad for us?

I'd assume it's good as its development of a good role but no idea what it means.

I don't really want to dig too much into it in case it puts a RV at risk..

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning all. Nightwing is definitely a good character. It’s his coming of age persona after becoming tired of being just the sidekick.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    It's all very well trying to analyse votes, but wendy said that she didn't like the single wagon and wanted a second wagon. People followed her, and a villager was lynched.

Ewan didnt help himself, but in my opinion, that's an example of waganomics taking over voting for who we think is wolfy and we lost a villager. We shouldn't be voting for waganomics analyses over voting for who we think is wolfy.

I disliked the main wagon, because I thought (and still do) that the theory on Eva is flawed.

Why are people so focused on Harley Quinn btw? Like she's just one of 6 baddies in the game.

I find the constant focus distracting from other matters.

Sounds like whatever powers he might have, have been increased. Hopefully as game progresses he will be Boy Wonder and not Boy Blunder. We can't keep mislynching,

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Morning all. I have a lot of catching up to do. I do like wendys recent contribution.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Sorry for my lack of activity last night,when I checked the thread I wasn't a big fan of Ewan's posting last night so voted for them. That was obviously a mistake.

Did we get completely to the bottom of people's votes being moved?

Clodagh and Angus I see have mentioned that they didn't vote for who it said they did.

Could Harley's conversion be based on the votes? Converted if the joker votes for her maybe. I don't know much but seems they've a twisted sort of relationship.

Ummmm Phil.

I don’t think there’s any confusion over who I voted for at all, at all :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Could someone give me a quick update on yesterday please. Was there a minch or sk kill? Who was lynched? Their role? I see mention of a conversion. Likely action triggered rather than a time lapse. Any ideas what triggered it?

Sorry for all the questions but damn it, I need answers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Well sorry but I ain’t sorry I voted him.

Oh I completely misread this Angus. Thought it said sorry but I ain't voted him.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Could someone give me a quick update on yesterday please. Was there a minch or sk kill? Who was lynched? Their role? I see mention of a conversion. Likely action triggered rather than a time lapse. Any ideas what triggered it?

Munch I think. No sign of an SK kill.

• Advertisement

Ewan throwing a lot of accusations about, main reason I voted. Knee jerk reaction.

Need to put better thought into it tonight.

Ewan was lynched - NRV Lucius Fox.

No idea what triggered the conversion.

Phil's voting theory while out there seems interesting.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Ewan throwing a lot of accusations about, main reason I voted. Knee jerk reaction.

Need to put better thought into it tonight.

Who's your thoughts lying with right now Abi? You're one of the ones I haven't ISOed so I'm not as familiar with your posts as I feel I should be.

Ditto with Holly, and strangely Angus.

On the to do list should I live and after I eventually do go to bed lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Have you not read the thread?

Who's your thoughts lying with right now Abi? You're one of the ones I haven't ISOed so I'm not as familiar with your posts as I feel I should be.

Ditto with Holly, and strangely Angus.

On the to do list should I live and after I eventually do go to bed lol

Orla was following on with the shade throwing after lynch yest is clouding my judgement.

Gabriel - Thomas Wayne NRV+ munched
    Abigail & Desmond posoined
    Abigail healed by Arthur
    Desmond healed by 50/50 toss of coin
    Doris wins comp and is protecting someone from this mornings lynch
    Wendy - claimed Martha Wayne and would have shared room with Thomas as they both completed on thread tasks.
    Ewan - Luscious Fox NRV lynched
    Harley Quinn converted
    Robin chose to be Nightwing

There's far too many people staying quiet in this game.

They can't all be wolves, but eventually we will have to try and weed through them.

Please if you're a villager, speak up and get involved, get your thoughts out on thread.

Information helps the village, silence means we have to start suspecting you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Wendy, thanks for doing the ISO, it'll give me something concrete to come back on, I was busy yesterday and just couldn't give time
    So I decided I'd take Conor's post from today, given I already ISOed his day 0 posts here

Bolded part. I don't understand how anyone could come to this conclusion with no announcement at this point.
    There was a theory by Barbara I think on the newspaper and it could be the announcement of Joker & Harley getting together, we now know this wasnt the case and it happened later
    Mentions Eva and Ewan at the bottom in reference to Joker/Harley.

I missed this. Conor, how did you know of my team with Gabs? It seems very specific given I hadn't mentioned anything on thread at this time.
    You picked up on what I meant, Gabs & Eva I think was the theory

Poison mechanics. Meh. Not sure what you mean by good and bad news, the poisoning does not instantly affect anyone's alignment. The results of the poisoning, yes.
    Exactly, the good news was that one of them could be cleared to a certain extent if the poison was administered on them and both lived

I like this post, and agree with it. If Alfred takes a shot too early he could kill a villager and also condemn another villager to die, for 2 village deaths. Best to hold off and we try and kill Ivy.

Hmmm... this seems to be a soft defence of Orla. Maybe nothing, but I'll come back to it if either flip wolf.

Defending Des now, although I find this one a bit more plausible. I've noted that Gertie thanked this post as well. Might ISO Gertie next.

Still on about the paper. Still soft defending Orla. Interesting.
    On "defending" Orla, her post was after the paper, I was ruling it out on that basis, with the new announcement it can be ruled back in

Competition talk. Very vocal against the plan as we will see.

And again

Yeah see again I just don't see Conor wolf being hugely outspoken about this. It would be far easier to go with the flow I think.

My main issue is the constant hole picking at everything. It's like he wants everything to fail. I don't know why though.

More talk, states they'll post their number at 2pm. Fair enough. Very vocal as I said.

Responding to Henry (who also needs a look but I'm not sure I'll have time) about posting the number. Meh, I can see a villager doing this tbf.

More number talk. Like Conor is very vocal here about this. I don't see what benefit it gives the wolves for some to be so vocal. Leaning a little more village as a result.

Just to be clear, I'm not hole picking on everything, I didn't agree with the strategy because statistically it was the wrong strategy. I know people argued against it but the argument where people say that just because the village randomly picked 13-20 is just invalid. First of all we dont know that the village picked these cause a wolf can come on and lie. In a random selection the numbers will be evenly spread, in a selection where we announce on thread it is no longer random, the wolves know what we’ve picked and can maximise their picks. OBVIOUSLY in a world where the winning number is announced this will not work and the other strategy works best. And before I’m accused of it, yes I was covering my bases by announcing at 2pm, if the winning number had been announced I’d have looked pretty suss

On Doris announcing the prize, I agreed with this post at the time and I still like it.

More numbers talk. Like a lot of people are fighting with him over this. Does a wolf really make themselves that visible?

Another good post on Doris's prize. Again, I find myself agreeing with Conor here, even if most of it is a little stating of the obvious. Meh.

So pointing out that if Des lives then Abi looks good. Ok.

Theorising on Dent. I also agree with this. Now there's only two posts left but....

This one asks are we FFAing. Why not just give yours, it feels a bit like fishing.

And last post. Vote for me, ok that's interesting. Given we had barely spoken apart from the numbers situation I find this a bit strange tbh.
    OK, so I do get the point on asking for FFAs and not posting my own. I had thought I’d get more time. I was working on a theory which is why I was on you. After the Joker thing I got to thinking that the riddler’s description says that he can’t help dropping complex riddles, so I searched for “Riddle” and you had like 6 of the first 12 mentions. (You actually still have 10 out of 32 mentions). Now that’s a completely tin-hat theory and I wasn’t even 10% of the way down that hole when RL took over. Then I just skimmed, I came to your reveal I had to change my vote, so it went back to Eva, who as you say I was on already. Theres another reason for me not voting her first which is meta so I wont go into it.

Anyways, conclusions:

I mean, I really want to see Conor as a wolf but tbh I'm struggling to do so based on the second half of the ISO.

The vocal argument with half the thread is swaying me tbh, I just don't see a wolf being so obtuse about something like that. If Conor was a wolf he didn't need to say anything, even if he disagrees with the strategy.

Couple that with some fairly decent points re: Doris and his own theory on Eva/Harley, and there's some nice villagey points there.

Couple of reservations on this though: The contrarian thing is a bit grating. I can see why he might be read wolfy from it. That's maybe a playstyle thing though, not a criticism.

Also while there are glimmers, I'm not seeing his thought processes as he works through the thread, who are his suspects. He seems rooted to the spot on Harley Quinn and is just ignoring the other wolves.

Like here's a question Conor, give me even one line on what you think of:
    I haven’t concentrated on the game enough to give proper reads so the below are gut feels, which I hate

Frank Wolf lean
    Abigail Wolf lean
    Holly I genuinely am shocked to see we have a holly playing
    Gertrude I don’t know
    Desmond I think I like Dessie

Once I get some of your thought processes on the thread I'd be more comfortable with giving you a village lean....
    I know all this is very unsatisfactory and theres a fair argument to be made that a lot of the things you like about what I’ve done are easy, likes its common sense that Alfred should heal and not kill just yet, likewise with Doris and her protect or not lynching Doris just yet. The argument about the numbers, I just believe I’m right about it and believe its best for the village, that above anything should have you putting me in your village pile

Like.... Gabriel has more posts STILL than 13 living players.

Ewan, more than 10.

Come on ta fook like!!

Wendy WW 204
    Barbara WW 116
    Liam WW 98
    Fiona WW 97
    Angus WW 82
    Frank WW 78
    Desmond WW 75
    Eva WW 52
    Gabriel WW 48
    Steve WW 42
    Abigail WW 38
    Gertrude WW 37
    Tegan WW 36
    Henry WW 31
    Ewan WW 31
    Orla WW 29
    Conor WW 28
    Doris WW 26
    Riona WW 22
    Clodagh WW 22
    Jake WW 20
    Holly WW 18
    Phil WW 17
    Brendan WW 7
    Isla WW 3

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Morning all, it’s mad when you write it out like that. We only lost two players yesterday! I thought it was going to be a serious blood bath with so many kills on the table. That’s good going :)
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Gabriel - Thomas Wayne NRV+ munched
    Abigail & Desmond posoined
    Abigail healed by Arthur
    Desmond healed by 50/50 toss of coin
    Doris wins comp and is protecting someone from this mornings lynch
    Wendy - claimed Martha Wayne and would have shared room with Thomas as they both completed on thread tasks.
    Ewan - Luscious Fox NRV lynched
    Harley Quinn converted
    Robin chose to be Nightwing

Advertisement