Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    We all know how that went down!!!

Not all of us. Some of us are learning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    We all know how that went down!!!

Yeah cos people made a bad assumption on how the mechanics worked. There aren't mechanics to this per se, it doesn't clear or damn anyone.

It's covering the spread to maximise the possibilities of a villager getting the prize

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Steve Barbara and Frank.

Conor said that it would be a bad Idea, so I said I'd keep mine secret. I don't understand why that would be a wolf move. If I was a wolf I could just submit any number and pretend I went with two.

You are just being silly.

Then, if two wins and you don't have a prize, you are lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Yeah cos people made a bad assumption on how the mechanics worked. There aren't mechanics to this per se, it doesn't clear or damn anyone.

It's covering the spread to maximise the possibilities of a villager getting the prize

I know. I’m on board. I was only teasing.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Then, if two wins and you don't have a prize, you are lynched.

How does that work out? Because I didn't choose a random number that won a prize I am now top bad guy suspect. You are nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I chose 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Day 1 - Bat Competition

Answer: Batman Dracula

28f87dbe94e5d1d1e45aef0116dd8f62.jpg

We have a winner folks! The Citizen of Gotham that won the prize will be notified shortly

Answers sent to my account were accepted but the question did request they be sent to the WerewolfGM account.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

If we dont say what number we pick then loads of people will pick the same numbers and its possible no-one will win!

There is allready 2 wasted guesses

Conor WW wrote: »
    I chose 3

Why are you suddenly on board with sharing numbers?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    If we dont say what number we pick then loads of people will pick the same numbers and its possible no-one will win!

Did it not say the nearest number wins?

• Advertisement

possibly - If id een that I wouldnt have gone with one! Sh!t

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Someone will win, whoever is closest.

But yeah, it doesn't maximise the Village's chance of getting the prize.

I wonder how the mods split it if the number is chosen by more than one person, or more than one person distant from the number. Probably a toss of a coin.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I’m finally caught up. I think I was about 2 mins late entering the comp :( Sorry BH I was in a hurry so I didn’t fully read it and pm’d you.

Why are you suddenly on board with sharing numbers?

I posted at 2 where it wouldn’t give any info to the wolves

Ok, I picked 6.

When will it be announced? I have things to do!

The winner gets PMed Steve so hopefully a villager won :/

Odds are on our side, however anything can happen in this crazy game I'm sure.

How do you know that?? just read the thing back - Did you get pmd?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Guys,

I won the prize, I'm just double checking with the mods before I say anything more.

Doris

• Advertisement

Why did you sign off with your name Doris? We know who you are as you post. That seems weird!

Guys this isn’t a hard concept to grasp

If nobody announces what number they are going for then the wolves pick 4-10-16, that’s their optimal chance of winning. They are never more than four away from the winning number

Instead they know that 13-20 are gone, so now they go 3-7-10, they’re never more than three away from winning

Also they could post up saying they are going for 7 we’ll say, keeping actual villagers away from the higher probability numbers

How do you know that?? just read the thing back - Did you get pmd?

Cos how else would they inform someone:
    We have a winner folks! The Citizen of Gotham that won the prize will be notified shortly

Also great news Doris

How do you know it's great news?

Doris could be a Rogue for all we know?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

This is a difficult game with so many players. How will I narrow it down for tonights lynch!!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d35b5fc6a52457155ccdbf4&rid=giphy.gif

Jaysus will you relax, someone announced they got a prize and immediately you go to suspicious mode.

Let's hear more before we rush to judgement either way, particularly when you were b1tching about people wolf reading you for flip flopping on number revealing

She could be but in the absence of any evidence on anyone it’s a reasonable indicator of villageness. At the very least it would buy her a pass for today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Guys this isn’t a hard concept to grasp

If nobody announces what number they are going for then the wolves pick 4-10-16, that’s their optimal chance of winning. They are never more than four away from the winning number

Instead they know that 13-20 are gone, so now they go 3-7-10, they’re never more than three away from winning

Also they could post up saying they are going for 7 we’ll say, keeping actual villagers away from the higher probability numbers

Well they're pretty far from winning if the number is in the high teens in the (3-7-10) scenario.

Also, I missed the game so didn't enter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Missed the game also. Bummer.

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Well they're pretty far from winning if the number is in the high teens in the (3-7-10) scenario.

Also, I missed the game so didn't enter.

You’re missing the point. If they know for a fact that numbers 13-20 are taken by villagers it allows them to pretty much own the other half of the board!

Advertisement