Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

pinkyeye wrote: »
    You have an absolutely and scarily delightful personality OP....

Why thank you, Neighbour, you seem to be a newcomer to these here parts, and yet you know me so well. :)

giphy.gif

Hope you enjoy your time on boards ....though you do seem to be a wee bit cranky. Rotten old day?

Get a grip for gods sake!

Then you haven't been taking close enough notice

So explain why you don't like him then instead of just one-liners to get the likes

and you can't do the work that you claim to be man enough to do?

What?? Your post doesn't make sense in English, sorry

the least I expect is a sentence that makes sense. Don't try to patronise me when you can't even get a sentence right on a second attempt.

It's just laziness to not attempt to type all the words in a sentence. Nothing to do with grammar

You really need a chill pill wheelie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

pinkyeye wrote: »
    You have an absolute and scary obsession with trans people OP, is there a reason for that?

Have you had a bad experience or what is the story?
    my interest in the topic is that i am interested in truth. what is truth? what is reality? because someone believes something of themselves, is that thing now "the truth"? are there still objective standards for truth to be established?

i work with a trans person. i use their preferred pronouns and treat them like the rest of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

RWCNT wrote: »
    Sure, Gender identity and biological sex aren't the same thing.

They match up for the vast overwhelming majority of people but not for everybody, therefore Trans people exist. I consider trans women to be women & trans men to be men, while acknowledging that their sex is the opposite of the gender they identify with.

Its not mental gymnastics, its simple logic.
    Surely the following is more logical...
    Sure, Gender identity and biological sex aren't the same thing.

They match up for the vast overwhelming majority of people but not for everybody, therefore Trans people exist. I consider "transwomen" to be really men & "transmen" to be really women, while acknowledging that their sex is the opposite of the gender they identify with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

my interest in the topic is that i am interested in truth. what is truth? what is reality? because someone believes something of themselves, is that thing now "the truth"? are there still objective standards for truth to be established?

i work with a trans person. i use their preferred pronouns and treat them like the rest of the team.

You won't find the truth here with fringe elements poisoning people's minds, ask for the truth in the LGBT forum for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

klaaaz wrote: »
    You won't find the truth here with fringe elements poisoning people's minds, ask for the truth in the LGBT forum for example.

How is the majority of the Western world which disagrees with your beliefs, a “fringe element”?

• Advertisement

How is the majority of the Western world which disagrees with your beliefs, a “fringe element”?

What majority? Alot of the western world recognise transgender people.

klaaaz wrote:

That's ridiculous. Ask an echo chamber, where people cannot legitimately ask questions for fear of triggering someone in order to find an unbiased truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You better agree with the ''truth'' in there though! They don't deal well with outside opinions it seems.

klaaaz wrote:

The majority of people recognise transgender people exist but also recognise that they can't change biology through feelings

That's ridiculous. Ask an echo chamber, where people cannot legitimately ask questions for fear of triggering someone in order to find an unbiased truth?

You mean the LGBT forum where people are more likely to know about LGBT issues is now a biased and not a truthful place? That is some judgement there!

Go on and ask in the LGBT forum to seek your answers.

• Advertisement

Be surprised if they even allow him in after posting in this thread! Hes more then likely on some kinda list now...

klaaaz wrote:
    You mean the LGBT forum where people are more likely to know about LGBT issues is now a biased and not a truthful place? That is some judgement there!

Nope.

There are certain rules in the LGBT forum which prevents people from questioning people's identities.

It is a self admitted safe space for LGBT people. So yes, there is a bias there. Which is ok.

It is not permissible to ask such questions over there. Which is why these conversations happen outside the forum.

You knew that though. But again, nice try to paint me as some sort of bigot.

You referred to what you called fringe elements here poisoning people’s minds. You’re implying that the people who do not share your beliefs are a vanishingly small minority.

I never made any claim about whether or not a lot of the western world recognise transgender people so you’re attempting to address a claim that was never made, in an attempt to distract and deflect from what I originally confronted you about.

Your claim that there are fringe elements here poisoning people’s minds is utter nonsense. Your claim is based upon the fact that people here disagree with your beliefs. The vast majority of the Western world disagree with your beliefs. That makes people who hold your beliefs the fringe element who are not having much success in poisoning people’s minds.

Nobody made any claims about whether or not anyone recognises people who are transgender. I’ve seen you make the claim a few times now that people are trying to deny people who are transgender exist, and are trying to deny those people their rights on that basis. They’re not. People are not suggesting that people who are transgender be denied rights. They are suggesting that the rights of people who are transgender should not impose upon or supersede the rights those people who are not transgender.

Take a minute to wrap your head around that before you reply with more of the same tired old rhetoric that people are fast becoming immune to.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Alot of the western world recognise transgender people.

Yeah, the adams apple is a big giveaway.

Nope.

There are certain rules in the LGBT forum which prevents people from questioning people's identities.

It is a self admitted safe space for LGBT people. So yes, there is a bias there. Which is ok.

It is not permissible to ask such questions over there. Which is why these conversations happen outside the forum.

You knew that though. But again, nice try to paint me as some sort of bigot.

Instead of seeking out answers from the very community you talk about every day, you continue to ignore the LGBT community as a a "biased" community.

klaaaz wrote:
    Instead of seeking out answers from the very community you talk about every day, you continue to ignore the LGBT community as a a "biased" community.

No you silly goose. I welcome input from anyone, especially LGBT people. I just don't go onto their forum to discuss these things because it's not allowed.

They are welcome to post here though in order to have a discussion.

Again, you knew this.

You referred to what you called fringe elements here poisoning people’s minds. You’re implying that the people who do not share your beliefs are a vanishingly small minority.

I never made any claim about whether or not a lot of the western world recognise transgender people so you’re attempting to address a claim that was never made, in an attempt to distract and deflect from what I originally confronted you about.

Your claim that there are fringe elements here poisoning people’s minds is utter nonsense. Your claim is based upon the fact that people here disagree with your beliefs. The vast majority of the Western world disagree with your beliefs That makes people who hold your beliefs the fringe element who are not having much success in poisoning people’s minds.

Nobody made any claims about whether or not anyone recognises people who are transgender. I’ve seen you make the claim a few times now that people are trying to deny people who are transgender exist, and are trying to deny those people their rights on that basis. They’re not. People are not suggesting that people who are transgender be denied rights. They are suggesting that the rights of people who are transgender should not impose upon or supersede the rights those people who are not transgender.

Take a minute to wrap your head around that before you reply with more of the same tired old rhetoric that people are fast becoming immune to.

Out of all that rubbish, you have still not proved your point. What majority?

The majority of the Western world. That majority.

What majority of the western world, prove it? Still waiting for you to back up your claim.

He walks around in a cloud of his own self-righteousness. He obviously isnt aware of whats going on outside of it!

• Advertisement

No you silly goose. I welcome input from anyone, especially LGBT people. I just don't go onto their forum to discuss these things because it's not allowed.

They are welcome to post here though in order to have a discussion.

Again, you knew this.

I don't think they'd post here with the level of vitriol thrown at that community.

You and others seek answers and yet ignore the LGBT forum. Then try to contact the LGBT helpline https://lgbt.ie/ for advice? You can phone or if you're shy message and email them for answers to your queries, they won't bite you.

What majority of the western world, prove it? Still waiting for you to back up your claim.

The majority of the western world which does not agree with your beliefs that it is possible for a person to change their sex. Before you go reaching for the 2,167 scientists again, that is not what they suggested either, nor is it something which WPATH has ever suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Completely leaving out any issue of transgenderism - zilch, nada, nothing - I am not thinking about transgenderism at all when stating the following....

Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I do not support miseducating young children that they could be born in the wrong body or that biological sex is a spectrum.

Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I do not support the hormonal treatment of or surgical interference with children on the grounds that they feel uncomfortable in their bodies. In fact I condemn it, as many of these children are autistic.
    or otherwise vulnerable.

Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I do not support the rights of male-bodied people to have access to female-only spaces, such as prisons or shelters, on the simple grounds that it is unsafer for the female-bodied as a result. (9 out of 10 sexual assaults in public swimming pools take place in Unisex facilities Link)

Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I think biological females are entitled to protected categories in sports.

Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I call for open and frank and regular discussion on all the issues raised by all forms of gender ideology.

klaaaz wrote:
    I don't think they'd post here with the level of vitriol thrown at that community.

Rock and a hard place then really. I can't ask the questions or state my opinions on their forum and they don't want to post here as they are offended by others opinions.

(By the way, in generalising only in response to your "they". I know plenty of LGBT people who are open to reasoned debate)
    klaaaz wrote:
    You and others seek answers and yet ignore the LGBT forum. Then try to contact the LGBT helpline

Most people aren't seeking answers. They have their own opinions and are looking to discuss them. It's how people learn and either change their opinion or legitimise ones they already have.

For example, people agreeing that trans women aren't actual women yet in the same breath saying that they are indeed women and should be treated as such is odd and would like to know more about how they came to that illogical conclusion.
    klaaaz wrote:
    for advice? You can phone or if you're shy message and email them for answers to your queries, they won't bite you.

I don't want advice thanks. I am just voicing my opinion.

The majority of the western world which does not agree with your beliefs that it is possible for a person to change their sex. Before you go reaching for the 2,167 scientists again, that is not what they suggested either, nor is it something which WPATH has ever suggested.

The 2,617 scientists that you dismissed, glad you remember the scientific experts. Yes, the WPath do recognise a person can change sex just like our own HSE do.

Rock and a hard place then really. I can't ask the questions or state my opinions on their forum and they don't want to post here as they are offended by others opinions.

(By the way, in generalising only in response to your "they". I know plenty of LGBT people who are open to reasoned debate)

Most people aren't seeking answers. They have their own opinions and are looking to discuss them. It's how people learn and either change their opinion or legitimise ones they already have.

For example, people agreeing that trans women aren't actual women yet in the same breath saying that they are indeed women and should be treated as such is odd and would like to know more about how they came to that illogical conclusion.

I don't want advice thanks. I am just voicing my opinion.

So you want to discuss the LGBT community using your own opinion only and not the opinion of the LGBT community, that's not learning or changing opinion, that's an echo chamber for your own point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Zorya wrote: »
    Even if it makes me not ''nice'' I call for open and frank and regular discussion on all the issues raised by all forms of gender ideology.

It makes you rational and an independent thinker who questions changes being pushed into our society by pressure groups and activists who use social media to attack any discenting voices.

klaaaz wrote:
    The 2,617 scientists that you dismissed, glad you remember the scientific experts. Yes, the WPath do recognise a person can change sex just like our own HSE do.

A question for you klaaaz, as a member of the LGBT community, what in your mind constitutes a woman? Is the feeling that you are a woman enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

klaaaz wrote:
    The majority of people think that a trans person is still the gender they were born.

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote:
    So you want to discuss the LGBT community using your own opinion only and not the opinion of the LGBT community, that's not learning or changing opinion, that's an echo chamber for your own point of view.

No klaaaz. Please try to be intellectually honest instead of trying to frame me as intolerant.

I come to any issue with my own opinion but also with an open mind.

Certain things, such as biology and self identity, I feel strongly about. I like to hear other people's opinions and especially like to hear opposing opinions which may change my mind. You keep repeating that I don't want to hear from the LGBT community despite me saying on two separate occasions (in the last hour) that I welcome any/all input from LGBT people.

On the subject of transgenderism, I have not seen one argument that a person born a man should/could be called or treated like a woman other than politeness and for their feelings.

In all my years I have strayed from echo chambers as it's not healthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement