Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Pter wrote: »
    At least you have never broken a laptop over a game....... Eh duffman

Oh what's the story there? I love a story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Make wagons people, Get off 1 votes of wagonomis won't work later in the game.

Because Whiplashy in jest said he was a wolf as he posted first and Kolido didn’t acknowledge it. I think ignoring is what a roled player would do and seeing as we have no good roles, only wolfs left.

He got a bit angsty after I voted for him as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    It takes some time to do but it is worth it and gets easier as game goes on. Not easy if you're on mobile.

Unfortunately it's also got me munched in the past, BUT, at least all my thoughts are out there if that happens.

And you should definitely play more games. They're good craic, especially as games go on. Just need to remember not to take anything said on here too seriously and that it is just a game.

Obviously I'm excellent at remembering it is just a game. It's not like I've spent time shouting at my computer or anything... :o

not gonna lie, I don't think I have the heart for it. That first accusation earlier hit me hard :eek: and if this is a slow burner, then I don't know how anyone plays a normal game!

sKeith wrote: »
    Make wagons people, Get off 1 votes or wagonomis won't work later in the game.
    FMP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tusk wrote:
    not gonna lie, I don't think I have the heart for it. That first accusation earlier hit me hard and if this is a slow burner, then I don't know how anyone plays a normal game!

Hang in there. Gets easier. I'll show you the first time I was ever accused after this game. I was gutted.

What does this mean?

7 players haven’t said who they’re vote for though but that does included the extremely quiet players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Apologies pter, in case i die, was out of order earlier, sorry for the brick too

Also, thanks for putting up with the noob questions and being so open to helping new players learn :D

• Advertisement

Sorry about the whiny post earlier.

SK. I'm not feeling wolf.
    Kitten I have no read on
    Skunk.... I'm unclear why she is considered village by everyone and then hasn't posted since.

Dandy, sorry I can't read your posts. But interaction im leaning wolf.
    BH still good.

I think it's easy at this stage for a village to shade every one without much repercussions... including their on pack. So I'm looking out for people picking on eachother with no real merit or reason.

tusk wrote: »
    What does this mean?

If everybody is on 1 votes, we cannot anylize the wagons, the multiple people voting for one person and get info later in the game.

Wagonomics is the name we give wagon analysis.

Apologies pter, in case i die, was out of order earlier, sorry for the brick too

Story needed me getting a brick in the head. No issue with that :)

Clarabel wrote: »

Skunk.... I'm unclear why she is considered village by everyone and then hasn't posted since.

I also am unclear why Skunk is so villagey for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

tusk wrote: »
    not gonna lie, I don't think I have the heart for it. That first accusation earlier hit me hard :eek: and if this is a slow burner, then I don't know how anyone plays a normal game!

I felt like that for most of my first game and at times my second. Yeah, the normal games aren't actually much different, it's just longer times between actions in this. I've played a fair few games (not as many as others) and I still get enraged when people accuse me in the wrong, but now I know it really is part of how the game works so that kicks in and calms me down.

tusk wrote:
    What does this mean?

I'm not 100% on the ins and outs but when people group together on votes and switch around to suit their team, you can analyse the switches and guess at what a wolf would do, and see if anyone fits that behaviour.

Doesn't really work if there is a wide spread of votes though.

Sorry about the whiny post earlier.

SK. I'm not feeling wolf.
    Kitten I have no read on

Dandy, sorry I can't read your posts. But interaction im leaning wolf.
    BH still good.

I think it's easy at this stage for a village to shade every one without much repercussions... including their on pack. So I'm looking out for people picking on eachother with no real merit or reason.

Nothing to read from my posts other than lots of mistyped words :)

I'm happy to change my vote to suit a wagon but I'm gonna need more info as to why

Single outlier votes tell the village nothing and give wolves space to spread out their votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Crap I only have 20 minutes after reading everything back.

Tusk I read back my response to you and realise I didn’t ask you a question so possibly why you didn’t respond. I think if you thought I was a wolf though for other bits and bobs you should have called me out on it at the time but that’s fair.

As I said in the response, I explained my reasoning for the newbie post(second game) and nothing more was said about it and surely if Whip really doubted me that much she would have questioned me further before the munch.

I also put you in my top 3, I never said I was voting for you. Possibly at a later date if i have more reason over other people I’m suspicious of.

The 3 I picked are the 3 whose posts have stood out in my mind the most I guess like mine stood out to you.

SK - I just reread the post I was thinking of and saw you did in fact say to prevent a mislynch which I’m actually thankful I read wrong because that would have drove me even more demented :pac:

With that in light however I can’t understand why you would put such a big play on it. With other behaviour you’ve made yourself stand out more and possibly using this “to prevent a mislynch” as a safety net. I feel like you have misguided the village in ways and not acted in the best interest of the village.

Also you now leaning village on me feels a bit like a sudden turn of events. I know I should be happy about that but it feels a bit off.

Crap I’ve only 7 minutes now god help me.

Village for me:

Andy
    Pter
    Ecto
    Bounty

If I’m gone I hope this helps somewhat and what I’ve posted about others already.

Good luck and god speed everyone :pac:

P.s vote going in for SK

• Advertisement

Give 4 players you’d happily vote for, clarabel.

Still been fun, I'm off funr a choc milkshake from maccy d's. Fetch anyone anything before it's quiet time?

Still been fun, I'm off funr a choc milkshake from maccy d's. Fetch anyone anything before it's quiet time?

See if they have any of them there brick mcnuggets for me

I'm happy to change my vote to suit a wagon but I'm gonna need more info as to why
    Only vote somebody who youthnkcould be wolf, as tomorrow you will be questioned why you voted that person.

So, if you #1 wolf read isn't a wagon, but your #2 wolf is, feel free to hop over.

I'm open to hop on a wagon

That’s blasphemy!!!

Damn, one minute to go. Doubt we'll get much outta this one, votes wise. Really really really hope kitten is a wolf now. Like even more than before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch form closed. Results at 10pm.

Welcome to Twilight.

Point of clarification. I actually initially voted for Kolido on tuesday (just checked the pm). I thought it was skunk, so apologies for that.

So to stay transparent, I changed to skunk just now.

• Advertisement

who was voted| by who| current count

kittenk|trit,ecto,sKeith|3
    skeith|kittenk,skunk|2
    dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    green| fixxxer|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    duff|tb|1