Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »
    Okay, then say he is pocketing left right and center. I just found it odd after i had made it clear that he's pocketing everywhere, yoiu wouild then state he was pocketing you. Great detective work.

Again, i am not defending BH, i am questioning your reason. wolves tend to have difficulty coming up with reasons for calling people wolfy.

Well tbh im taking what you are saying with a pinch of salt. You may be cleared to you, but you arent to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Pter wrote: »
    Well tbh im taking what you are saying with a pinch of salt. You may be cleared to you, but you arent to me.

Not going to waste my post count with you today, as you are very likely to bleed many many posts out of me, you're quite good at that and today we being counted, unlike at the weekend.

I believe you would be a good information lynch. I'd hope for wolf, but even if you flipped villa, there's lots of information to be gained.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

On Bounty Hunter, Are you serious?

I called him forty coats. (with his fifty pockets)
    He's been pocketing the WHOLE thread since post #1.
    You make it sound like you were singled out for pocketing, lol.
    I see nothing wrong with you wolf leaning him, but the excuse is so weak its wonky. Give me another reason that does not include pocketing,

On first glance this may seem like sK defending me but the more I look at it the more dodgy I feel about it.

This is an example of someone creating a narrative. I put up a gif suggesting we all get high, then myself joked I was pocketing the whole village. As a result he dubbed me 40 coats.

Above he leaves out the context and just says I've been pocketing everyone while making sure everyone gets what 40 coats means "with his 50 pockets". He also repeats this everytime he puts up his "reads list" which is always the same post slightly edited and in doing so attempts to drill his thoughts (the thoughts of the most outspoken villager) into our heads. In the same vein he keeps repeating his Lock Clear about himself whilst of course offering nothing in return.

I said previously I don't think a wolf would play the way he is, but combining instances like this with his over eagerness to be a cleared in a game with no roles, his argumentative style and his avoiding questions and I'm really not sure if I still think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not going to waste my post count with you today, as you are very likely to bleed many many posts out of me, you're quite good at that and today we being counted, unlike at the weekend.

I believe you would be a good information lynch. I'd hope for wolf, but even if you flipped villa, there's lots of information to be gained.

Same could be said about you tbh, and would have the added bonus of you not dragging the village off course with ignoring questions and being aggressive.

Happy to ignore you as just annoying (in game, not in general - in general i think you are sound), for now. I dont think ill last long doing so, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Whiplashy & Kolido - whips 1st post she calls Kolido a wolf for being first to post on thread. It reads like its in jest (has smiley face) but Kolido doesnt acknowledge it in any way. Later, Kolido asks whip has she caught up on thread. She thanks his post and responds that she has. End of interactions.

FFA

Kolido will be in there anyway. He completely ignored her jest post about wolf being 1st to post. Ignoring it would be something a roled player would do but seeing as there are no good roles.....

The other 2 I have decided on yet.

It was obviously a joke by Whippy so I didnt respond.

Its a flimsy reason to pick me but fair enough, no hard feelings.

• Advertisement

Day one votes so far

Tuesday
    10:03 strawbs votes kitten
    10:07 Pter votes Andy
    10:18 green votes Andy
    13:02 fixer voting trit or Barney with side of Keith
    15:08 Andy voting green
    15:26 Kolido voting tomorrow (today) for someone not throwing out accusations
    16:33 Andy reiterating their vote on green
    16:40 green states open to change his Andy vote
    16:44 Trit thinks green and Andy interactions interesting and probably vote green out of 2
    18:34 bounty will probably placeholder green or strawberry soon
    20:35 clarabel votes duffman
    21:45 Pter reiterating vote staying on Andy
    22:26 clarabel unvotes duffman and votes crosstownk
    Wednesday
    01:57 Keith votes fixxxer
    05:38 bounty says skunk has voted Keith think I missed skunk saying this (check ffa at 19:26 Tuesday)
    07:36 Kolido votes loughc
    09:45 Andy unvoting green and leaning towards Pter
    09:57 strawberry unvotes kitten and votes Kolido
    10:13 Qb votes for skunk
    10:59 green reiterating they haven’t moved off Andy but Andy bringing them around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I've a lot of catching up to do! I did have a great weekend though. A few hundred posts to catch up on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Day one votes so far

Tuesday
    16:44 Trit thinks green and Andy interactions interesting and probably vote green out of 2
    Wednesday
    05:38 bounty says skunk has voted Keith think I missed skunk saying this (check ffa at 19:26 Tuesday)
    10:59 green reiterating they haven’t moved off Andy but Andy bringing them around

I haven't voted yet but will do so before I leave work this afternoon, will post on thread once its done.

(Hope you're ok QB)

Day one votes so far

Tuesday
    Wednesday

dandy|pter, green|2
    trit/barney| fixxxer|1
    green| trit?|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    fixxxer| sKeith|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    kolido| strawberry|1
    skunk| qb|1

table from the SMs compiled declares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Ok I've been doing some reading, I haven't read everyone's iso yet cos there's a lot of chaff from the weekend.

so far here are my thoughts:

Very low posters (I categorised this as anyone who's posted less than the mods!)
    Digi, CTK, LoughC, Succubus
    For obvious reasons I've not read on these, inclined to give the benefit of the doubt for the next day or so as RL can get in the way and there's bound to be a reason they picked a slow game to play.

I won't be voting from the v low poster group...this time

Next Level (players who've posted up to and around my level so far....spoiler alert this is as far as I've gotten)
    Duffman - was very chatty all weekend kind of went a bit hard on peope "who forgot the game was starting" led us down a meta convo route with skeith, and agreed with QB that constantly changing nicknames was unfair on newbs. absent since then. could be RL could be more.

Tusk- first game trying to figure out what kind of villager they are (their words not mine) has soem interractions with other (barney and Fixxer) players wants to understand their reasoning for accusations a little. still catching up on thread.

Trit- Not loads of posts but lots of good questioning of motives of other posters, in favour of FFA and favours posters declaring their vote on thread

Ecto - again not loads of posts, but true to her word yesterday deliverd a detailed post of her thoughts on everyone yesterday

Triceratops Ballet - a majestic and graceful creature with a three horned face! She's been a little MIA so far this game but that's ok cos it was a bank holiday and this is a slow burning game and she has work to do!!!

Clarabel - also "forgot about the game" asks a lot of questions, has submitted 2 different FFA's and voted twice both times for people not on her FFA

Out of the above list so far I'm suss on Clara and Duffer, Clara can you clarify why neither of your votes were for people on your FFAs?

When I get a chunk of time again later I'll look at further posters and be back with questions, as a placeholder I'll be voting Duffer (I think)

• Advertisement

Don’t think Trits is a definite vote but he can clarify.

Heading for the dentist for 2:30 and will be there for 90 mins minimum. Dunno what form I’ll be in afterwards but the votes are time stamped if anyone wants to continue with them.

I have FFAs to date too should I fire them onto thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Trying to catch up a little on lunch, but random question....

Do we find out vote numbers or do we just get told who dies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

tusk wrote: »
    Trying to catch up a little on lunch, but random question....

Do we find out vote numbers or do we just get told who dies?

Votes are usually published after the lynch results so we find out who voted for who

You put me down as probably putting in a vote on either R&G or Stawbs and although it is odd saying this to you I can clarify that at around that time I did vote for you. Good chance I might change it today though i'l try to state on the thread if I do. Not sure if I did up an FFA again now if i'd have the same names on it at all but a lot can change perception wise in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Doing a quick catchup on my lunch break.
    Happy Birthday D Andy and Sully, hope they're good ones for ye both.

QB, hope you're ok and everything gets better for you soon.

I haven't voted yet and won't be til I'm home. Am currently suspecting a sKeith and G n R team which would be ballsy play but there is something off there. If not both, I do think one wolf in there.

Kitten may have moved more wolf than not.

Succubus being here is good.

Ahhh I hate playing on phone. Have my points all clear and then forget half of them as I'm typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm leaning strongly on a G&R vote at the moment after reading back. Waiting so see more information before I switch to sKieth.

I don't really like how G&R rowed back from Dandy so quickly, like he didn't expect a strong come back. Openly saying he wanted to start a bandwagon sits badly with me to. Like, what does it achieve? Everyone votes for the one person, statistically more likely to hit a villager than a wolf and now the wolves have a place to hide too.

You put me down as probably putting in a vote on either R&G or Stawbs and although it is odd saying this to you I can clarify that at around that time I did vote for you. Good chance I might change it today though i'l try to state on the thread if I do. Not sure if I did up an FFA again now if i'd have the same names on it at all but a lot can change perception wise in a day.

No probs. I won’t keep adding edits/amendments one by one but I’ll change it to me when I do the next updated one. Keith, could you add it to your list anyway just Incase it gets overlooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hopefully getting home early today so will get a chance to look back and see what my notes are saying.

Are we setting a time for FFAs to be done by?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I put in a placeholder of Duffer btw

I read it as yet to vote, which is why i didn't include in table.

There is also TBs account of voting twice which is not in timed votes post.

I can't dive back and check atm, will do later if nobdy else can double check whats correct here before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm leaning strongly on a G&R vote at the moment after reading back. Waiting so see more information before I switch to sKieth.

I don't really like how G&R rowed back from Dandy so quickly, like he didn't expect a strong come back. Openly saying he wanted to start a bandwagon sits badly with me to. Like, what does it achieve? Everyone votes for the one person, statistically more likely to hit a villager than a wolf and now the wolves have a place to hide too.

Have you read my posts? I haven't vote is still there

A bandwagon can tell you stuff about who jumps on it and who doesnt
    Unfortunately I'm currently the bandwagon

If you, Trit or Bounty are village then you should move off me, I'm village, have only being trying to help and now an initial vote from Dandy has been hijacked to form a bandwagon. I'm an easy target cause I've been vocal.
    Of those four I've two in my FFA. Either Dandy for starting the bandwagon and then stepping off or one of the other three. Like I say if one of you three is not a wolf you should look at the other two very closely

I read it as yet to vote, which is why i didn't include in table.

There is also TBs account of voting twice which is not in timed votes post.

I can't dive back and check atm, will do later if nobdy else can double check whats correct here before then.

No, you just blind.

Clarabel did vote twice and straw spotted them both. sorry.. oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

*Have you read my posts? I haven't rowed back, vote is still there

Ecto the above also applies to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Day one votes so far

Tuesday
    Wednesday

For Transparency, I voted skunk tuesday at some point.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Have you read my posts? I haven't vote is still there

A bandwagon can tell you stuff about who jumps on it and who doesnt
    Unfortunately I'm currently the bandwagon

If you, Trit or Bounty are village then you should move off me, I'm village, have only being trying to help and now an initial vote from Dandy has been hijacked to form a bandwagon. I'm an easy target cause I've been vocal.
    Of those four I've two in my FFA. Either Dandy for starting the bandwagon and then stepping off or one of the other three. Like I say if one of you three is not a wolf you should look at the other two very closely

People get defensive when they are on FFAs but I did state my vote is currently in for Strawbs. Although that could change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Nom nom nom, sadly i can't eat both for lunch I have the make the mrs one too.

Does liking meat make me a wolf? Lol some will say thus post points to that

Now, on Whiplashys munch.

That little interaction between Whippy and Trit over Skunkys post was interesting. Both agreeing that skunky was posting oddly and then Whippy gets murderised. Makes me suspicious of Trit more than Skunky.

Odd that Barney92 didn't mention it in his big round up of Whippys posts/

so:

Voting either Trit or Barney91 with a possible portion of sKieth to follow.

dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    trit/barney| fixxxer|1
    green| trit?|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    fixxxer| sKeith|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    kolido| strawberry|1
    duff|tb
    straw|BH

I like where my vote is currently at.

Read that progression.

He didn't munch me because he thinks I will be mislynch material.

He doesn't want to say it outright as when I flip villa, he is not right there, He is trying to push we but trying to keep plausible deniability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Barney92 wrote: »
    So I've gone from on your list of potential wolves to one of two you are leaning good on. What did you read in the 15 minutes between those post that changed your mind?

About 20 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

dandy|pter, green|2
    skunk| qb, tusk|2
    trit/barney| fixxxer|1
    green| trit?|1
    cross| calrabel|1
    fixxxer| sKeith|1
    loughc| kolido|1
    pter| dandy|1
    kolido| strawberry|1
    duff|tb
    straw|BH

I like where my vote is currently at.

Read that progression.

He didn't munch me because he thinks I will be mislynch material.

He doesn't want to say it outright as when I flip villa, he is not right there, He is trying to push we but trying to keep plausible deniability.

I have you on my FFA, there is no attempt at plausible deniability. Your word soup makes you a difficult read, but I'm reading wolf with what I have. Your FFA is what makes me really suspicious. LoughC on it after two posts for throwing shade, even though neither is shade. To be blunt, you're a better player than that pick indicates. So either you're a wolf padding your FFA, or possibly you're a wolf putting a little distance between and your wolfy friend in case your aggressive style gets you lynched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Kolido wrote: »

Chances are a rather new player will be wolf number 3. What ya think Clarebel?

FFA#1

Keith
    Lough
    Clarebel

How does the maths work on that?

Advertisement