Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cams, what to get and where to get it (Q&A only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with mega thread

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Yi Dashcam constantly turns on and of on some journeys. It seems like its losing power but 90% time there is no issues with it. Any ideas.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yi Dashcam constantly turns on and of on some journeys. It seems like its losing power but 90% time there is no issues with it. Any ideas.

How is it wired in/powered? Is it from the cigarette lighter or wired in another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I never knew selling a car would be such a pain in the h0le...

Mitsubishi ASX 1.8 D 131Reg Full Service History and still under Warranty til 2021
    82K miles 133K km
    Great condition inside and out. All manuals, and both keys. One previous owner; in my ownership from 2016.

Nokia Bluetooth fully integrated with music system
    Air conditioning
    Thule Aerobar roof rack included in sale
    Taxed until August 2019
    NCT until Feb 2021

€7450

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-asx-1-8-d-full-service-hist-warranty/21383503

I had the same thing happen and found the adaptor in the lighter socket needed to be pushed in further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I had the same thing happen and found the adaptor in the lighter socket needed to be pushed in further.

Same with mine, the adapter keeps making its way out of the lighter socket, I use a different adapter now and it fits tight and snug. No more intermittent on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a3-1-6-tdi-diesel/21230889

My car for sale, 2012, well minded, selling as I’ve gotten a new car, driving really well,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

Automatic 05 Primera with new NCT
    Started new job so have no use for a second car anymore.
    Never had any trouble from it
    Asking €600

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-nissan-primera-new-nct-today-until-march-2020/21456215

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nowayout1

Guys I’m thinking of getting a dash cam was looking at the Nextbase 312gw or the 412gw only difference it seems to be is better quality in the 412 one otherwise both identical.

What’s the max card size do they accept? I’ve read posts say 32GB as 64GB gives a card error.

Lastly does the Halfords HDC Dash Cam Hardwire Kit work with the Nextbase dash cams can’t see the Nextbase hardwire kit for sale on the Halfords website.

I’ll be heading to a friends in the North tomorrow I’m tempted to pick one up tomorrow when passing Newry, anyone know if theirs much savings with Sterling-Euro. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭3DataModem

2010 Qashqai
    UK Import (actually, Isle of Man)
    83000 miles
    One owner (I owned from new in the UK and moved to Ireland with it)
    Used as family car
    Full service history
    Priced to sell at 5,750
    10 D 128449

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Hi all,

I'm selling my trusty Octavia estate.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-skoda-octavia-nct-may-20/21486025

'00 1.9d with genuine 145,824 miles.
    Full service history from day one.
    I'm the second owner, but the more diligent might notice more owners on the book. I transferred it a couple of times between myself and my wife. That was the only expense i spared on the car!!
    I've put approx 22,000 miles on it since October '17.
    I had it serviced 3 times and replaced drop link bushes for test.
    Belt was done at 50k and 100k, I think it's 60k intervals. So due in 14k miles.
    4 good tyres.
    It'll come with NCT until May 2020.

Bad points;
    Heater blower only blows on setting 4
    Radio volume button is tempremental

Car is genuinely flying. I'm doing a 75 mile round trip 4/5 days a week. Have had literally zero issues with the car!

€600 for anyone quoting boards.ie!
    €775 is the asking on the advert!
    PM if interested.
    I'm based in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-volvo-s40-2-0d-tax-amp-nct/21306152

https://www.adverts.ie/car/volvo/s40/2005-volvo-s40-2-0-d-6-speed/17646120

OWNmYmZkNzMyNzkyZjY0OTY2M2RjZjIyNTZjMzkyM2YZEWRZ9S12dhb0QER8Ygx7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjA0MDU0MTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT until July and tax to May
    Only 3,000 kms since last test
    New battery and 4 new tyres fitted before NCT last year
    Ready to drive away

Few small scuff marks, but very good for age
    Air conditioning/heated seats/cruise control
    6 speed manual
    2 keys

Open to offers, but come view the car

Located in Mullingar, but can be viewed in Dublin on arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micra-gx-2001-automatic-for-sale/21509237

Only 37589 KM

Nissan Micra Automatic 1.0 , just passed NCT, valid till March 2020, lovely little car with very low mileage. Clean inside, scratches, Sun roof, JVC player.
    In very good condition.

Front electric windows, Plastic steering wheel with tilt adjustment, Individual driver and passenger seat, Cloth seat upholstery with additional upgraded cloth/velour, Front fog lights, Single complex surface lens halogen bulb headlights, Tinted glass on cabin, Isofix preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Banned for chatting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I bought and hardwired a Viofo A129, a dual dash cam with very good reviews.
    I think that so far I'm rather happy with it. The cable for the rear cam is too thick to be concealed and tucked away under the trims.
    What I do not like is the fact that the device takes a very long time to boot, I believe that 15 seconds is way too much, I could be on the road already before the cam starts recording.
    I had a different dash cam that would boot in less than 10 seconds, probably just 5.

Any comments or experiences on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

nowayout1 wrote: »
    Guys I’m thinking of getting a dash cam was looking at the Nextbase 312gw or the 412gw only difference it seems to be is better quality in the 412 one otherwise both identical.

What’s the max card size do they accept? I’ve read posts say 32GB as 64GB gives a card error.

Lastly does the Halfords HDC Dash Cam Hardwire Kit work with the Nextbase dash cams can’t see the Nextbase hardwire kit for sale on the Halfords website.

I’ll be heading to a friends in the North tomorrow I’m tempted to pick one up tomorrow when passing Newry, anyone know if theirs much savings with Sterling-Euro. Cheers

I bought the 412GW a few weeks ago in Halfords for €107. I have a 64GB card fitted with no problems. I didn't buy the fitting kit. The mechanic was able to fit it using the cables supplied. The quality is good and the app on phone and ipad all seem to work fine once you find your way around them. There is editing software for the laptop called Nextbase Replay 3 that you seem to be able to do a lot more with but I haven't tried it out properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Has anyone replaced the battery in there mini 0805 ? If so where did you get the battery

The original size is supposed to be: 35 X 20 X 5mm - 502035 3.7V battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Anyone got a link for a decent battery protection hardwire kit with a micro usb connection?

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Has anyone replaced the battery in there mini 0805 ? If so where did you get the battery

The original size is supposed to be: 35 X 20 X 5mm - 502035 3.7V battery

I replaced the battery on my mini0801, same thing as yours, basically.
    I found the battery on ebay, around €6 shipping included.
    I followed the instructions of a video I had found on YouTube, and I did the job, without any damage to the cam, in about 15 minutes.

• Advertisement

I replaced the battery on my mini0801, same thing as yours, basically.
    I found the battery on ebay, around €6 shipping included.
    I followed the instructions of a video I had found on YouTube, and I did the job, without any damage to the cam, in about 15 minutes.

I've seen some on ebay but all located in China, was that where yours came from ?

I've seen some on ebay but all located in China, was that where yours came from ?

Yes, my battery came from China, but it was an easy and honest transaction.
    What is it that worries you?

Thanks.
    Nothing really except for the long estimated delivery time window. Orders from Ireland or the UK usually get delivered quickly so I always try to buy goods from these locations if possible.

Thanks.
    Nothing really except for the long estimated delivery time window. Orders from Ireland or the UK usually get delivered quickly so I always try to buy goods from these locations if possible.

I can't remember it exactly, but I think it was a 15-day waiting, much better than expected.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Left the original Yi holder in my old car as it was glued to the windscreen.

Bought this as a replacement: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MyArmor-Recorder-Windshield-DashBoard-Camcorder/dp/B06XQFP2RH/

Cant recommend. After using the release to get the cam out 2x, it broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I bought and hardwired a Viofo A129, a dual dash cam with very good reviews.
    I think that so far I'm rather happy with it. The cable for the rear cam is too thick to be concealed and tucked away under the trims.
    What I do not like is the fact that the device takes a very long time to boot, I believe that 15 seconds is way too much, I could be on the road already before the cam starts recording.
    I had a different dash cam that would boot in less than 10 seconds, probably just 5.

Any comments or experiences on this?

I didn't have any major issue with the rear camera cable, it's ticker than the others alright but was still able to conceal it behind the trims.
    As to the boot time you should be able to reduce that in the settings. I believe I have mine set to the minimum 5 seconds and don't understand why that's not the default or why you'd want it longer.

I didn't have any major issue with the rear camera cable, it's ticker than the others alright but was still able to conceal it behind the trims.

So probably it depends on the car and its trims.

As to the boot time you should be able to reduce that in the settings. I believe I have mine set to the minimum 5 seconds and don't understand why that's not the default or why you'd want it longer.

I'm not 100% sure now, but I'm rather positive that the setting is to the minimum time, I remember I had checked it when I noticed this issue. But, of course, I can double check.

I'm not 100% sure now, but I'm rather positive that the setting is to the minimum time, I remember I had checked it when I noticed this issue. But, of course, I can double check.

So I checked.
    The boot delay is set "off", that means it's 15 seconds.
    If I set 5 or 10 seconds (the other two options in the menu), the boot time becomes 20 seconds and 25 seconds respectively, that is those two times are added to the first 15 seconds...

I think it is too much. In 15 seconds I'm on the road already and everything can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Just put my old car up. It has a few dings but is running fine. It's kind of an experiment, was going to scrap her, but I want to see if I can get anything for it, and if its worth the hassle.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/almera/2007-nissan-almera/17754087

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 atfbc9rl0oenhv

Nissan Juke 2015 1.2 SV
    Cork area

Amazing car selling for house deposit.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-juke-1-2-sv-2015/21639360

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement