Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

So Fiona and Gabriel were on a team. Is it just the leader left?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Christ I hope so. Nice one Balrog
    We may be the tools who fly, but you are the wind beneath our wings!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Not sure what it says about me that Google assumes I meant tools when I said fools.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Frodo revealed himself on day 1 and our big decided against fighting day 2, not exactly been a lucky village alri

Hey Mary, couple of little things.....

Posts like this stick out in a funny way cause of spelling. Either you’re down with the young ones or your apelling got clipped at the end, which would only happen if you were copying and pasting somewhere.

Anyway, not enough to condemn you, but enough to look at your posts. And they’re spectacularly fluffy in many respects. You don’t really argue with anyone, don’t really accuse anyone. Just a lot of speculative stuff that isn’t really game solving.

You do give us an ffa
    Just voted but thought I should should quickly add my FFA before heading off for the night too

#FFA2
    1.Des
    2.Doris
    3.Henry

asking Pippin to come out, being unnecesarily defensive and Several posts which were either full on fluff or casting aspersions on a number of people (yes inc me)and then dissapearing. Nothing groundbreaking there but it was about this time people (babs) started acting up yesterday so maybe this will all change

After you vote no less! Not really sure of the logic there. And a nice generic reason for all three. No specifics, no real accusation again. It’s the safety vest of FFAs. Lots of options and wiggle room there.

I’m wondering if there isn’t something about mary....

Btw @derry, could you tell us what time you voted at?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Hey Mary, couple of little things.....

Posts like this stick out in a funny way cause of spelling. Either you’re down with the young ones or your apelling got clipped at the end, which would only happen if you were copying and pasting somewhere.

posted from my phone and bg autocorrected to big and I though autocorrect took over and finished alright. Correct not enough to hang me on, but def a big leap your taking anyway with copy and pasting just cos of bad spelling.

on the other bits about not being game changing, who has? The village hasn't had much to go on and lynched wrong twice now. We got lucky with a mod kill and balrog action. If you've got game changing material though please do share

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    No I'm not the ****ing Balrog, and unless you have some evidence to give your argument legs then this is a really bad time to be throwing out accusations with so many rolled villagers gone. I voted for you because I thought you were more useful than Frank. Trying to link people to you being fake poisoned to ****ing hindsight not looking at the situation as it was. By the logic Frank was a wolf too ffs

Your logic baffles me.

My question was for other stuff,
    'I don't want to muddy the waters'
    'frendo'
    And other stuff I read while reading your posts.

I was not linking people to being fake poisoned, I rubbished that half, and kept the side that was really poisoned.

Please expand on your logic that makes Frank a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Your logic baffles me.

My question was for other stuff,
    'I don't want to muddy the waters'
    'frendo'
    And other stuff I read while reading your posts.

I was not linking people to being fake poisoned, I rubbished that half, and kept the side that was really poisoned.

Please expand on your logic that makes Frank a wolf.

I never said Frank was a wolf, I said that I thought you were more worth keeping around than he was based on your contributions up to that point.

Putting them all together
    Jake WW wrote: »
    POSTER TIME A B C
    Brendan 10:05 Barbara Tegan Desmond
    Barbara 12:48 Conor Frank
    Vernon 17:45 Eva Conor Henry
    Gabriel 18:11 Abigail Oisin Wendy
    Phil 18:17 Barbara Oisin Vernon
    Frank 18:30 Barbara Gertrude Henry
    18:34 Barbara Reveal
    Conor 18:59 Derry Oisin Frank
    Jake 19:03 Desmond Abigail Henry
    Eva 19:25 Barbara Desmond Frank
    Tegan 20:21 Brendan Jake
    Clodagh 20:30 Barbara Jake Abigail
    Gertrude 20:31 Barbara Frank Doris
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Lynch Votes from the Middle Earth Jury

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy
    Abigail (3) - Gabriel, Jake, Clodagh
    Frank (2) - Barbara, Henry
    Brendan (1) - Desmond
    Derry (1) - Conor
    Desmond (1) - Winifred
    Oisin (1) - Phil
    No lynch (1) - Angus

No vote - Fiona
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    #FFA2 updated with two after des's FFA summary.
    POSTER|1|2|3
    Jake|Abigal|Mary

Phil|Dorris|Wendy|Vernon

Winifred|Desmond|Wendy

Mary|Desmond|Dorris|Henry

Derry|Henry|Desmond

Gabriel|Abigal|Desmond|Wendy

Clodgah|Abigal|Angus|Conor

Vernon|Conor|Henry|Phil

Gertrude|Jake|Fiona|Clodagh

Desmond | Abigail |Henry |wendy
    henry|brendan|clodagh|mary
    brendan|jake|henry

Abigail (4) - Gabriel, Desmond, Clodagh, Jake
    Mary (2) - Abigail, Henry
    Jake (2) - Gertrude, Conor
    Henry (2) - Brendan, Frank
    Desmond (2) - Derry, Mary
    Wendy (1) - Winifred
    Phil (1) - Doris
    Doris (1) - Phil
    Conor (1) - Vernon
    Brendan (1) - Tegan
    Angus (1) - Wendy

No vote (2) - Angus, Fiona

Still nobody voted outside their FFAs

Gabriel FFAd Abigail, Oisin & Wendy on day 1. 2 dead (NRV & roled good) leaving Wendy. He didn’t vote Wendy.

Day 2 FFAd Abigail, Desmond & Wendy. 1 dead (NRV) leaving Desmond & Wendy.

Voted Abigail both times.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Angus is a very private person.

Des what kind of comment is this? What am I missing here?

Last night's votes:

Abigail (4) - Gabriel, Desmond, Clodagh, Jake
    Mary (2) - Abigail, Henry
    Jake (2) - Gertrude, Conor
    Henry (2) - Brendan, Frank
    Desmond (2) - Derry, Mary
    Wendy (1) - Winifred
    Phil (1) - Doris
    Doris (1) - Phil
    Conor (1) - Vernon
    Brendan (1) - Tegan
    Angus (1) - Wendy

No vote (2) - Angus, Fiona

Monday's votes:

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy
    Abigail (3) - Gabriel, Jake, Clodagh
    Frank (2) - Barbara, Henry
    Brendan (1) - Desmond
    Derry (1) - Conor
    Desmond (1) - Winifred
    Oisin (1) - Phil
    No lynch (1) - Angus

No vote - Fiona

Nothing we can gain from Fiona's lack of voting anyway but Gabriel has voted for Abi twice in a row. Unfortunately not a lot we can get out of that either. Wonder is it a strategy for the Uruk Hai to keep voting for the same person each night? Clodagh and Jake also voted for Abi both nights.

• Advertisement

Barbara voters left

Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Vernon, Derry, Tegan, Wendy

I had the blinkers on when it come to Abigail. Feel crap about it now.

From some of Gabs recent posts:

Derry thanked his last post
    probably shouldn't read into unless there is more

defending himself because he asked Tegan & Gimli to defend themselves - Phil was going against him then and highlighting this
    I would doubt Phil was his leader

Said Des was "resigned to the fact it was happening" referencing not fighting lynch also FFAd Des
    Des probably not his leader either

Defended Vernons defensive post against Wendy after wondering why she was originaly on him
    Casts some doubt on Vernon

Barbara voters left

Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Vernon, Derry, Tegan, Wendy

Of course I'd say this as I'm on that list but I don't think it's as easy as taking so many (inc those now dead) who made a mistaken lynch and saying the baddies are in there when

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Oh, sh!t, that was Barbara. Soz. Don't worry, I'm not voting to lynch you anyway.

a confirmed baddie was not.

You have enough players on that list that there may be a wolf or more in there odds wise of course not desputing that.

Actualy wait was she on the list and then got removed ha, thats what happens when you can't edit

Barbara had 13 players voting for her on the first night. That’s over half the players in the game. All those deleted from the list have been good.

Gabriel FFAd Abigail, Oisin & Wendy on day 1. 2 dead (NRV & roled good) leaving Wendy. He didn’t vote Wendy.

Day 2 FFAd Abigail, Desmond & Wendy. 1 dead (NRV) leaving Desmond & Wendy.

Voted Abigail both times.

Would seem reasonable for a wolf to include a teammate in an ffa to provide cover you think?

Barbara had 13 players voting for her on the first night. That’s over half the players in the game. All those deleted from the list have been good.

Fairly good odds of 2-3 wolves in there so I’d reckon

Would seem reasonable for a wolf to include a teammate in an ffa to provide cover you think?

Considering how badly I tunneled Abigail, I’m the worst person you could ask :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Of course I'd say this as I'm on that list but I don't think it's as easy as taking so many (inc those now dead) who made a mistaken lynch and saying the baddies are in there when

a confirmed baddie was not.

You have enough players on that list that there may be a wolf or more in there odds wise of course not desputing that.

Not just that, Barbara could be converted to team eye so it would of made more sense that their members wouldn’t of voted to lynch her. I found it odd that at least 2 of the team Isengard didn’t bandwagon Barbara cause it looked an easy place to hide and they wanted Frodo dead so he couldn’t join team eye. Looks like they were maybe worried that it would look bad voting off the village hero?

This would suggest there is no more then one or two (anymore Urak Hai left?) or none of team Isengard in the Barbara votes and more likely none of team eye in the Barbara votes cause they possibly wanted to convert or get Frodo’s powers.

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Not just that, Barbara could be converted to team eye so it would of made more sense that their members wouldn’t of voted to lynch her. I found it odd that at least 2 of the team Isengard didn’t bandwagon Barbara cause it looked an easy place to hide and they wanted Frodo dead so he couldn’t join team eye. Looks like they were maybe worried that it would look bad voting off the village hero?

This would suggest there is no more then one or two (anymore Urak Hai left?) or none of team Isengard in the Barbara votes and more likely none of team eye in the Barbara votes cause they possibly wanted to convert or get Frodo’s powers.

That’s true. However Barbara was a pretty certain bandwagon by the end- the “you can’t lynch me” stuff seems to have sealed it for a few people. I’d go back to the late voters for Barbara, which puts the spotlight on to Wendy again

That’s true. However Barbara was a pretty certain bandwagon by the end- the “you can’t lynch me” stuff seems to have sealed it for a few people. I’d go back to the late voters for Barbara, which puts the spotlight on to Wendy again

True but for any wolf that didn’t vote for Barbara they had the fallback of “well I believed Barbara was Frodo, why would a good villager vote to lynch the village hero?”... It’s hard to argue against that ...

I can’t believe that no baddy didn’t vote for Barbara but I thought it made more sense if team eye didn’t vote for Barbara and was surprised that team Isengard didn’t. Just feels like maybe some wolves thought barbabra was too high profile to vote for... suppose they all might of made a choice to mix things up..

Who’s good at the numbers?

We’re entering into D3 so does that mean Sauron/TWK would have a team of 5 for parity purposes?

Saruman still in the game, 2 of his team now dead. Would they have started out with more to even the playing field with Sauron/TWK?

And, would we have been told if one of the now dead had been converted in the death notice?

Also if an RV is poisoned (like yesterday) they will have a choice to make on whether to come out. I’m not suggesting they come out but if you have decided to come out perhaps have all relevant information that you can offer in your coming out thread. This includes your suspicions. Alternatively you could leave breadcrumbs for the village throughout the day and decide later. I’m not sure our BG left us much to go on!

The Balrog can kill at anytime , if would be a shame for example if somebody said “I’m the seer, heel me” and next you saw the drums and had to scramble a message together.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The player stooped to read the inscription on the entrance to the cave.

A figure loomed behind them as they were distracted in reading:
    “The way is shut.

It was made by those who are Dead, and the Dead keep it, until the time comes. The way is shut.”

Indeed, the way was shut. Those would be the last words Jake WW would ever read.

Jake WW has been killed.

They were....

giphy.gif

Arwen, Elven Healer.

“For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach. His song in the Tower had been defiance rather than hope; for then he was thinking of himself. Now, for a moment, his own fate, and even his master’s, ceased to trouble him.”

Gertrude WW also realised in that last fleeting moment of life that their jugular had been pierced.

Gertrude WW has been killed.

They were....

giphy.gif

Aragorn/Stryder, the Tracker.

Furthermore....

Derry WW and Tegan WW have been poisoned.

And.....

tumblr_ns09tnpCUj1ru8yv8o1_500.gif

A Nazgul has been created....

Ah ffs village we are sucking so hard. :(

Is anyone left alive at all? No discussions about who's getting healed tonight anyway with Arwen gone. Poor Tegan, they seem to have it in for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch Form Open.

User Name |Posts
    Derry WW |112
    Jake WW DEAD|93
    Gabriel WW DEAD |80
    Tegan WW |59
    Frank WW DEAD|55
    Phil WW |50
    Brendan WW| 49
    Barbara WW DEAD| 49
    Wendy WW |44
    Eva WW DEAD| 44
    Vernon WW |43
    Doris WW| 43
    Gertrude WW DEAD| 42
    Oisin WW DEAD|38
    Mary WW |38
    Desmond WW |36
    Clodagh WW |34
    Winifred WW |33
    Conor WW| 24
    Abigail WW DEAD| 21
    Holly WW DEAD| 19
    Henry WW| 17
    Fiona WW DEAD |14
    Liam WW DEAD| 8
    Angus WW |2

How has angus not been modkilled yet ffs?
    Evils highlighted red.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Ok wanna see a trick ?

Legolas shoot Clodagh! Let’s get some.

Advertisement