Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - Isla Nublar

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I agree and from Pters post it would seem the mods want us to play like that too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    If roles have been changed, it completely makes everything on day0 irrelevant, since anything said could now have been changed, good or bad.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Best approach would seem to be treat the game as starting post lock and disregard anything pre that. If there are tasks in that then so be it, any wolf would have an easy excuse even if we found them. Not the only option, just my perspective

Thoughts folks?

I wouldn't disregard anything that points towards someone being a baddy. I wouldn't hang someone solely on it either, but if a wolf task was spotted, I'd file it away as suspicious, especially since it seems only some roles were re-rolled (based on the initial announcement). If people spot other tasks later in the game, then use Day 0 as possible side evidence.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Youve a good view from behind your desk, what do you think Chief

I know that boards can do odd thins, and double posts do happen, but having 11 minutes between the origional and the repost, and it being due to back buttons, i don't know. looking at it anotherway though, it would be a crap task, to doublepost, and if i was given that as a task, they'd be right beside each other, not 11 minutes apart. l'll put a note down, but nothing major, your stuff with billy and mrme is stranger tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Pter wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

OK so going to do my best here guys. Need everyone's cooperation as we came close to the game ending just now.

Posts before the lock may or may not have validity. Its n0 so all posts didnt really matter anyway. Hence why we are happy to continue.

At the same time, no more chat about Barbara please. No more speculation about the closure or the removal. I get its N0 and there is little else to go on, but please find something else. A rerand was carried out, so what barbara was or wasnt is irrelevant.

Any further posts that contravene the mod notes we will posted will have to be punished. If you are unsure, PM me or the other game mods.

Thank you.

Who? :pac:

Noted. All of it. Game just starting. Happy days.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I know that boards can do odd thins, and double posts do happen, but having 11 minutes between the origional and the repost, and it being due to back buttons, i don't know. looking at it anotherway though, it would be a crap task, to doublepost, and if i was given that as a task, they'd be right beside each other, not 11 minutes apart. l'll put a note down, but nothing major, your stuff with billy and mrme is stranger tbh.

Billy and the Clonesaurous

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

yeah that's a lock

Billy and the Clonesaurous

Now that have googled it is a lot less suspicious, I just dont have the simpsons knowledge others may.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

MOD NOTE

OK so going to do my best here guys. Need everyone's cooperation as we came close to the game ending just now.

Posts before the lock may or may not have validity. Its n0 so all posts didnt really matter anyway. Hence why we are happy to continue.

At the same time, no more chat about Barbara please. No more speculation about the closure or the removal. I get its N0 and there is little else to go on, but please find something else. A rerand was carried out, so what barbara was or wasnt is irrelevant.

Any further posts that contravene the mod notes we will posted will have to be punished. If you are unsure, PM me or the other game mods.

Thank you.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    I wouldn't disregard anything that points towards someone being a baddy. I wouldn't hang someone solely on it either, but if a wolf task was spotted, I'd file it away as suspicious, especially since it seems only some roles were re-rolled (based on the initial announcement). If people spot other tasks later in the game, then use Day 0 as possible side evidence.

*MEANINGFUL LOOK*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Ugh this cryptic stuff is not helpful at all :/

If we're going to try and solve the game then we don't need people messing around throwing out band names hinting at tasks.

I'm probably gonna take a break for the evening shortly. Sleepy.

People posting a ton of fluff is counter productive too

Henry WW wrote: »
    Btw, with the reshuffle, Babs was not a nvr.

How so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Holly WW wrote: »
    How so

I WILL PERSONALLY HAVE A DINOSAUR SIT ON THE PERSON WHO ANSWERS THIS POST.

Holly, read my mod notes again please.

I WILL PERSONALLY HAVE A DINOSAUR SIT ON THE PERSON WHO ANSWERS THIS POST.

Holly, read my mod notes again please.

Just caught up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Now that have googled it is a lot less suspicious, I just dont have the simpsons knowledge others may.

Thats suspicious in itself.

Who doesnt have Simpsons knowledge.

Lynch Derry, hes my lock of the week

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Can't sleep, dinosaurs might eat me. Or looking at above, potentially sit on me :eek:

Holly WW wrote: »
    People posting a ton of fluff is counter productive too

What are your thoughts at the moment ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

*MEANINGFUL LOOK*

Sorry, I thought I wasn't crossing the line. Genuinely not trying to, so I'll drop the line of thought utterly :o

He's so big and awkward. He's gotta be something big and awkward that likes to eat people or is just generally up to no good

Liam WW wrote: »
    Derry is a wolf.

Exactly how did you come to this conclusion. don't you think it would be nice to have some reasons with this?

Yeah, waiting...

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Can't sleep, dinosaurs might eat me. Or looking at above, potentially sit on me :eek:

Or just hanging around waiting for your name to be mentioned

Exactly how did you come to this conclusion. don't you think it would be nice to have some reasons with this?

Yeah, waiting...

B6rrKNdIIAEKY9z.jpg

• Advertisement

Or just hanging around waiting for your name to be mentioned

And my name was mentioned when? By Holly? Meh.

B6rrKNdIIAEKY9z.jpg
    []

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Time to retire to my cabin for some rest as I am sure the park rangers have an exciting itinerary for us tomorrow. Night folks.

giphy.gif

Dunno, you're misrepresenting the comment a bit there. He said he doesn't have the Simpsons knowledge others may, not that he had no Simpsons knowledge.

There's other reasons to suspect Derry alright, namely jello references up the gazoot but not sure why he's now lock of the week.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

The only thing I've been abler to filter through all that noise is that Isla WW is on some sort of crazed mission.

Why Derry is a wolf in 3 easy posts

Strike 1 :: Timing
    @22:06

@22:11

@22:17

that is odd, wonder what how thats explained off.

kickback and wait for reply.

For a post with so little content, you'd think it would arrive on the forums a little quicker than it did. but the post was eventually posted at 22:27 - a full 10 minutes after Eva's last post. Not like it takes all that long to grab 3 quotes and timestamp them. Not only that, but look at the line :: " wonder what how thats explained off. " Wonder. What. How. That's - This is a classic case of trying to force construction of a post instead of just typing what comes naturally. He clearly meant to leave out the what, but because hes a wolf and overthought the situation he mixed up his editing.

Strike 2 :: The read that's not a read

This is classic "I'm calling someone a wolf, but backtracking on it so as not to give a read and therefore be drawn on it later." He starts off wanting to get into a confrontation with Eva, but because his read is basically bogus he tries to backtrack his way out of it. He then finishes with, ' I'll put a note down but nothing major ' - Backtrack completed.

fyi, when Derry does come back a wolf. Eva is not clear - Its the perfect way of styling shade on a wolf buddy and then retracting that shade.

Strike 3 :: The fake roundup

As if the Simpsons has anything to do with it. But its a perfect way for you to back out of your "read".

Holly - you still there ?

Why Derry is a wolf in 3 easy posts

Strike 1 :: Timing

For a post with so little content, you'd think it would arrive on the forums a little quicker than it did. but the post was eventually posted at 22:27 - a full 10 minutes after Eva's last post. Not like it takes all that long to grab 3 quotes and timestamp them. Not only that, but look at the line :: " wonder what how thats explained off. " Wonder. What. How. That's - This is a classic case of trying to force construction of a post instead of just typing what comes naturally. He clearly meant to leave out the what, but because hes a wolf and overthought the situation he mixed up his editing.

Strike 2 :: The read that's not a read

This is classic "I'm calling someone a wolf, but backtracking on it so as not to give a read and therefore be drawn on it later." He starts off wanting to get into a confrontation with Eva, but because his read is basically bogus he tries to backtrack his way out of it. He then finishes with, ' I'll put a note down but nothing major ' - Backtrack completed.

fyi, when Derry does come back a wolf. Eva is not clear - Its the perfect way of styling shade on a wolf buddy and then retracting that shade.

Strike 3 :: The fake roundup

As if the Simpsons has anything to do with it. But its a perfect way for you to back out of your "read".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0BPKM9WQg

• Advertisement

That's at least a fair shout of reasoning re: Derry rather than... Simpsons knowledge :pac:

Advertisement