Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

ELM327 wrote: »
    I think he said his actual view when he spoke initially and someone unidentified has made him change it, hence the retraction of the initial comment by stating it was "wouldn't" instead of "would".

Change mind/Change view, it's linguistic nuance but means the same thing essentially.

So some unknown source made him change his mind within 24 hours of the summit he had been building up to for weeks?

And you introduced the changed mind/change view line and now you are saying its the same thing!

So he didn't believe that Putin or Russia had anything to do with election meddling, even after the intelligence agencies told him they did, even after Mueller indicted 12 more of them. But some time after the Helsinki Press Conference, but after the interviews he gave to Tucker and Hannity, he talked to someone and now he fully believes they did it?

That is the story you are going with? So does he now think Putin is lying, because he hasn't called him out on it? And if was told by Putin, as he said he was, during the private meeting that Russia was not involved, how can he claim that the summit was a great success as its clear Putin was lying to him about that and thus one can only conclude about other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Trump speaking freely and openly has delivered the WH to the GOP and given them their strongest legislative position in living memory. In fact the GOP has a stronger position than any party has experienced in living memory.

So while the left rants about fascism, the 30s, coup d'etats and treason, whilst also limiting free speech (good luck with that policy winning votes) the right and Trump administration will roll along spekaing freely and openly and getting the job done and moving on from November into 2020 .
    It is indeed all good, for the GOP, the WH , the House, the Senate , the Supreme court and teh majority of State legislative houses .. it is indeed all good.

What's a 'left'? How would I know one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,741 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Pa8301 wrote: »
    So he hasn't changed his mind/view then? He actually just said what someone else told him to say?
    Who knows.
    My own opinion is that the first comment was what he thinks... and the second is what he was told to change it to.

Who knows.

What's a 'left'? How would I know one?
    We've been over this already.

We've been over this already.

Yeah. And we concluded that there is no such definition. As you so eloquently and succinctly proved yourself when you said: "Like I said about me...
    Socially center left, Fiscally far right"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Who knows.
    My own opinion is that the first comment was what he thinks... and the second is what he was told to change it to.

Who knows.

Forget I even asked.

Yeah. And we concluded that there is no such definition. As you so eloquently and succinctly proved yourself when you said: "Like I said about me...
    Socially center left, Fiscally far right"
    Well you concluded there is no such definition.
    The left right divide is clear in US politics, arguably more so than most other nations.
    Forget I even asked.
    Nothing to add?
    Well it's a change from the bogus "higher moral ground" responses that are usually directed my way.

The left right divide is clear in US politics, arguably more so than most other nations.

Then you will have no problem in defining 'left' so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Nothing to add?
    Well it's a change from the bogus "higher moral ground" responses that are usually directed my way.

No, I'm out. I've better things to do with my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Who knows.

Who knows.

Told by who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That's hilarious. Are you seriously callng the Democrats a left wing party?
    They're just a slightly less right wing party than the GOP. There is no 'left' in US politics. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Who knows.

Who knows.
    Forget I even asked.
    Nothing to add?

What do you want them to add?

You have basically just admitted that your position is based on nothing but your own opinion, yet you feel that people need to debate it with you?

Your opinion doesn't even stand up against the facts that we do now, so you have invented some others to fit your view and then wonder why others feel it pointless to discuss?

You have been asked a number of time already but failed to anwser.

You told him to change his mind? And by saying that he was told what to say, you are saying that he still doesn't actually believe it and as such lied yesterday in the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,836 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To be frank I don't give a toss what you believe or dont.
    I've never claimed to be in the US. I have an interest in US vehicles and have owned several, including two pickups, a 60s land yacht and an SUV. The bumper stickers I bought at car shows, the vehicles I bought on donedeal, ebay uk, donedeal and ebay US respectively.

I also have an interest in EVs, have owned two (recently bought my Ioniq), and have a deposit down on a model 3 as the used model S I was considering was out of my budget at nearly £50k for the best one.

Now... what all that has to do with the issue at hand I don't know.

There are so many posts quoting my posts that I'm not going to bother replying to them all as I simply don't have the time.
    But suffice it to say... no matter what the man does, he was and is a better option than hillary. He's doing a great job as POTUS **for his target vote base** which is all that matters, and he stands a great chance of being reelected.

Im questioning your credibility, Just like i do with Trump. Youve pretended to be up for Potus and acting like he was yours, i,e you are in the US. youve claimed to be a pick up driving bumper sticker loving republican. Yes youve never mentioned any pickups on the motoring forum, Believe me im in there enough.

So im struggling to put 2 and 2 together on the credibility scale.

Perhaps we should do an ambrosia test over on the motoring forum. 2 pickups and bumper stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,231 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In other non-MAGA news, Japan and the EU announce a bilateral trade agreement: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/17/japan-eu-trade-deal-light-in-darkness-amid-trumps-protectionism

I like this line from Juncker: "Juncker, the president of the European commission, added: “As far as we are concerned there is no protection in protectionism, and there is no unity where there is unilateralism.”"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Trump speaking freely and openly has delivered the WH to the GOP and given them their strongest legislative position in living memory.  In fact the GOP has a stronger position than any party has experienced in living memory. 

So while the left rants about fascism, the 30s, coup d'etats and treason, whilst also limiting free speech (good luck with that policy winning votes) the right and Trump administration will roll along spekaing freely and openly and  getting the job done and moving on from November into 2020 .
    It is indeed all good, for the GOP, the WH , the House, the Senate , the Supreme court and teh majority of State legislative houses .. it is indeed all good.

We'll see sure won't we. Confidence is a great thing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Trump speaking freely and openly has delivered the WH to the GOP and given them their strongest legislative position in living memory.  In fact the GOP has a stronger position than any party has experienced in living memory. 

So while the left rants about fascism, the 30s, coup d'etats and treason, whilst also limiting free speech (good luck with that policy winning votes) the right and Trump administration will roll along spekaing freely and openly and  getting the job done and moving on from November into 2020 .

There are no tanks in Baghdad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

https://youtu.be/Elhyo-_fR0E

Sums it up for me. A total rambling mess, just like this entire presidency.

listermint wrote: »
    Im questioning your credibility, Just like i do with Trump. Youve pretended to be up for Potus and acting like he was yours, i,e you are in the US. youve claimed to be a pick up driving bumper sticker loving republican. Yes youve never mentioned any pickups on the motoring forum, Believe me im in there enough.

So im struggling to put 2 and 2 together on the credibility scale.

Perhaps we should do an ambrosia test over on the motoring forum. 2 pickups and bumper stickers.

Simple.
    Total spoofer with the mental maturity of a 13 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

There are no tanks in Baghdad.

That pops into my head every time I see one of the Trump defenders posts. Can still it clearly. Taken straight out of the Naked Gun playbook "Nothing to see here folks"

That pops into my head every time I see one of the Trump defenders posts. Can still it clearly. Taken straight out of the Naked Gun playbook "Nothing to see here folks"

I'm sure they're right. Trump is brilliant.
    Pro Tip:
    Play this video at half speed:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

circadian wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/Elhyo-_fR0E

Sums it up for me. A total rambling mess, just like this entire presidency.

In the comments, someone suggested watching that at half speed. I would recommend it.

His ramblings are funny, until you realise you are looking at the most powerful man in the world. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Way too much genius to be stable to be fair, what could possibly control that level of God like genius?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

In the comments, someone suggested watching that at half speed. I would recommend it.

His ramblings are funny, until you realise you are looking at the most powerful man in the world. :eek:
    I prefer it at double speed. It's funnier with the added bonus that it's over quicker. :)

RIGOLO mentions that the Gop are in their strongest position in years, that's true. But they have feck all to show for it. Obama care is still there. The tax giveaway to their corporate overlords has ballooned the deficit (so much for fiscal responsibility). No sign of the wall or the Mexicans paying for it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

But they have feck all to show for it.

Not entirely true with the Supreme court picks and other courts

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/385728-republicans-confirming-trumps-court-nominees-at-record-pace

"Senate Republicans are poised to confirm more of President Trump’s nominees to appeals courts next week, putting Trump on pace to have more of those nominees approved in the first two years of his tenure than any other recent president....

Republicans were already setting a record pace for circuit court picks, breaking a record in December for the most confirmed during a president’s first year and confirming Trump’s 15th appeals court nominee late last month. "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Russia is now not attacking the USA according to president Trump. I mean Jesus help us which is it ? Why is DNI chief Dan Coates still there at this point ? His boss has in the space of three days changed his mind on whether he believes his IC assessement on Russian meddling in the 2016 election and now has said the opposite to what his DNI chief said about whether Russia is still attacking the US. He also went back to his "other people" line yesterday.

I hope someone has a record of what was said in the one on one meeting with Putin because if this is what he is saying in public, Christ only knows what he said in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Russia is now not attacking the USA according to president Trump. I mean Jesus help us which is it ? Why is DNI chief Dan Coates still there at this point ? His boss has in the space of three days changed his mind on whether he believes his IC assessement on Russian meddling in the 2016 election and now has said the opposite to what his DNI chief said about whether Russia is still attacking the US. He also went back to his "other people" line yesterday.

I hope someone has a record of what was said in the one on one meeting with Putin because if this is what he is saying in public, Christ only knows what he said in private.

Reminds me of his claim Obama founded ISIS.

His surrogates said he was joking, using sarcasm.

Trump said - he was being serious.

His surrogates - of course he was being serious.

And here

Trump says Russia didn't interfere

His surrogates - he's right

Trump rows back and says they did

His surrogates - actually he's right

Trump today - no they didn't interfere

His surrogates - Trump is spot on

Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Reminds me of his claim Obama founded ISIS.

His surrogates said he was joking, using sarcasm.

Trump said - he was being serious.

His surrogates - of course he was being serious.

And here

Trump says Russia didn't interfere

His surrogates - he's right

Trump rows back and says they did

His surrogates - actually he's right

Trump today - no they didn't interfere

His surrogates - Trump is spot on

Hilarious

Look I don't care whether he's talking about two flies walking up a wall. I just want the White House to stick to some consistent line. It could be utter rubbish and untrue but at least stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RIGOLO mentions that the Gop are in their strongest position in years, that's true. But they have feck all to show for it. Obama care is still there. The tax giveaway to their corporate overlords has ballooned the deficit (so much for fiscal responsibility). No sign of the wall or the Mexicans paying for it either.

They demonise and scapegoat immigrants, extol the virtues of the good 'ol days, oppose measures that give women autonomy, have for a very long time been suborned to opposing measures that would benefit the people in order to maintain their status and line their pockets, and are now reluctantly centered around a character with a cult of personality, who has even more brazenly elevated corporate backers into cabinet positions they either have no experience or aptitude for, or whose goals they actively oppose.

If a European party behaved like they do, we wouldn't beat around the bush.

We'd call them what they are, which is a fascist party.

• Advertisement

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Not entirely true with the Supreme court picks and other courts

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/385728-republicans-confirming-trumps-court-nominees-at-record-pace

"Senate Republicans are poised to confirm more of President Trump’s nominees to appeals courts next week, putting Trump on pace to have more of those nominees approved in the first two years of his tenure than any other recent president....

Republicans were already setting a record pace for circuit court picks, breaking a record in December for the most confirmed during a president’s first year and confirming Trump’s 15th appeals court nominee late last month. "

One of those picks was stolen. Still though, they have full control of the government apparatus and should have more to show for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement