Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

A strange festival. I ended up making money, not on any wise bets but lucky to have good antepost winners. Despite missing some quality runners I thought the standard of racing very high. As for Laibak I was in paddy powers in William st Limerick on Tue evening and they had to send out for extra cash to pay out. There won't be a sulky raced in Limerick for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Agree that the Neptune looked weak. Burbank finishing fourth gives you all the proof you need. Looking forward to melons progression. I was impressed with river wylde as well, jumped superbly. If action stays

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The best two performances for me were Defi Du Seuil and Sizing John. Honorable mentions to Labaik and UDS.

Agree that the Neptune looked weak. Burbank finishing fourth gives you all the proof you need. The top two I'd probably only follow. Looking forward to melons progression. I was impressed with river wylde as well, jumped superbly. Hope they all stay healthy and I'm looking forward to next years cheltenham already.

Johner wrote: »
    The best two performances for me were Defi Du Seuil and Sizing John. Honorable mentions to Labaik and UDS.

And fayonagh I would add to that list. The way she finished was impressive

• Advertisement

How do you delete posts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Unbelievable. Can only imagine what next year will be like. Labaik gets up to win the Champion Hurdle by a neck after gifting the field 20 lengths at the start. Might Bite and Yorkhill jump the last together in the Gold Cup, Might Bite sh*ts himself and runs into the stands leaving Yorkhill on his own bone idle, doing his best to pull himself up and gets gubbed by Don Poli.
    Love the post until Don poli( the Lexus is a terrible race,)Might bite is the most serious animal in training BUT he is by the biggest rogue since Jessie James and it showed.Everything I've said about Might Bite is correct but I didn't mention the sire as I've criticied him since he crossed a mare (friend went with five mares all called Sting something or other ,everyone muck)Un Des Scioux for me was the performance of the meeting.Bristol De Mai jumping was terrible due to the ground and his stables form is appalling but at least the Tizzard rubbish hype was found seriously wanting as predicted .Paul Nicholls won a hunter chase and is challenging to win yet another trainer's title in UK how bad is the standard in UK.I never complain about jockeys as a rule but imo Brian Cooper is not the same jockey since his terrible injury and would not be surprised if he is replaced,I'm sorry to say.Not Interested in the facts since he nearly lost his leg as his riding seems full of nerves based on my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

sting60 wrote: »
    Love the post until Don poli( the Lexus is a terrible race,)Might bite is the most serious animal in training BUT he is by the biggest rogue since Jessie James and it showed.Everything I've said about Might Bite is correct but I didn't mention the sire as I've criticied him since he crossed a mare (friend went with five mares all called Sting something or other ,everyone muck)Un Des Scioux for me was the performance of the meeting.Bristol De Mai jumping was terrible due to the ground and his stables form is appalling but at least the Tizzard rubbish hype was found seriously wanting as predicted .Paul Nicholls won a hunter chase and is challenging to win yet another trainer's title in UK how bad is the standard in UK.I never complain about jockeys as a rule but imo Brian Cooper is not the same jockey since his terrible injury and would not be surprised if he is replaced,I'm sorry to say.Not Interested in the facts since he nearly lost his leg as his riding seems full of nerves based on my opinion.

Native River beaten less than 3 lengths, as predicted lmao. Spoofer.

So much other nonsense fit into one post. Good job.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Native River beaten less than 3 lengths, as predicted lmao. Spoofer.

So much other nonsense fit into one post. Good job.
    I don't read your posts but backing a handicapper to win a Gold Cup is that form.You are obvious to my take on the form for ages which has been proved without doubt correct,what is wrong with you been totally wrong.Native River will never win a top race outside Handicaps unless they get 20lbs off for a National.He cannot never could win a Gold Cup that's idiots talking without understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

sting60 wrote:
    I don't read your posts but backing a handicapper to win a Gold Cup is that form.You are obvious to my take on the form for ages which has been proved without doubt correct,what is wrong with you been totally wrong.

I was against Native River for Gold Cup but he has proved beyond doubt now that he's no handicapper.

Will take all the beating at Aintree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I don't read your posts but backing a handicapper to win a Gold Cup is that form.You are obvious to my take on the form for ages which has been proved without doubt correct,what is wrong with you been totally wrong.

You said whatever beat BDM would win. Anyone with any clue knew he had no chance.

You said Native River would be found out. He
    ran a fracker to be beaten less than 3 lengths.

So you were wrong, as usual.

Your post is impossible to read, makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Ah I was taking the piss about Don Poli but if Might Bite runs in next year's Gold Cup there'll only be about 4 finishers. Complete freak. Will win the King George by the length of the straight. Yeah Bristol de Mai wants it hock deep, had no chance on that ground. You have a heap of horses called Sting Pmsl It's like all them French yokes called des Obeaux and du Berlais. Yeah Nicholls is in a bad way, 19 Irish trained winners and I'd say Mullins and Elliott combined will nearly have that number next year at this rate. I sort of agree with you about Cooper, although maybe that's harsh. The rest of the season will be huge for him with Elliott trying to win the trainers championship.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I was against Native River for Gold Cup but he has proved beyond doubt now that he's no handicapper.

Will take all the beating at Aintree.
    On a flat track against whom at what distance and at what weight????

Ah I was taking the piss about Don Poli but if Might Bite runs in next year's Gold Cup there'll only be about 4 finishers. Complete freak. Will win the King George by the length of the straight. Yeah Bristol de Mai wants it hock deep, had no chance on that ground. You have a heap of mares called Sting Pmsl It's like all them French yokes called des Obeaux and du Berlais. Yeah Nicholls is in a bad way, 19 Irish trained winners and I'd say Mullins and Elliott combined will nearly have that number next year at this rate. I sort of agree with you about Cooper, although maybe that's harsh. The rest of the season will be huge for him with Elliott trying to win the trainers championship.
    For sure . I've been seriously critiseded about my assessment of King George day but I convinced Might Bite is the best chaser around but has more problem then the Tume nursing homes.Look up all these muck Sting horses all by Scorpion the breeder was having a go at me.We will make money in the next few weeks,believe me .😉😉😉

I don't read your posts but backing a handicapper to win a Gold Cup is that form.You are obvious to my take on the form for ages which has been proved without doubt correct,what is wrong with you been totally wrong.Native River will never win a top race outside Handicaps unless they get 20lbs off for a National.He cannot never could win a Gold Cup that's idiots talking without understanding.

Jesus Sting my eyes are bleeding, will ya write properly ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sting do you be geeyed writing that nonsense? Be quicker to decipher if you posted in Arabic.

For sure . I've been seriously critiseded about my assessment of King George day but I convinced Might Bite is the best chaser around but has more problem then the Tume nursing homes.Look up all these muck Sting horses all by Scorpion the breeder was having a go at me.We will make money in the next few weeks,believe me .😉😉😉

You're a gas man, Sting. 'As green as Bob Marley's tobacco tin' was how Might Bite's owner put it I believe. You were right though, serious animal.

Just looked there, found a 2009 Scorpion called Sting In The Tail, pulled up in a ptp.

You're a gas man, Sting. 'As green as Bob Marley's tobacco tin' was how Might Bite's owner put it I believe. You were right though, serious animal.

Just looked there, found a 2009 Scorpion called Sting In The Tail, pulled up in a ptp.

Also found 'Stingthebookies' hahaha that yours Sting? Born 2011, ran in 4 points.

Also found 'Stingthebookies' hahaha that yours Sting? Born 2011, ran in 4 points.
    Actually I was a Bob's concert in Dublin and Organised Black Uhuru at Trinity now tell me the year .Better add a young a Paul Hewson played that night.

Actually I was a Bob's concert in Dublin and Organised Black Uhuru at Trinity now tell me the year .Better add a young a Paul Hewson played that night.

1980. You're big into the aul reggae are ya Sting? It all makes sense now!

• Advertisement

Top man.

Top man.
    But listen.

I've been to Marley,Tosh ,black Uhuru,Jimmy Cliff ,Burning Spear,etc,etcdoes Is that an indication of offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Is your second name scorpion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sting do you be geeyed writing that nonsense? Be quicker to decipher if you posted in Arabic.
    Trolling: A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Gringo180
    Please cut out the needling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

I'm so depressed back in work today after last week and no Cheltenham build up on here to read and get me through the days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maximo31 wrote: »
    I'm so depressed back in work today after last week and no Cheltenham build up on here to read and get me through the days. :(

Real life is shít!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Someone start a Cheltenham 2018 Antepost thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Douvan, CH - evens: He never took to fences.

Faugheen, Queen Mother - evens: The machine is back.

Un De Sceaux, Gold Cup - evens. Stays all day. Wants a trip.

Annie Power, Stayers Hurdle - evens. Only needs to turn up ;)

A horse we're thinking of buying from a fella in Pau, Supreme - evens: Min has nothing on this fella.

Min, Yorkhill, Bellshill, Vroum Vroum, Novelty Bet. To win 4 races between 'em - evens. To win 5 races....... 11/10.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Back Football and Gaa doubles or trebles max based on form. Horses are in the long run a waste of money and time

Advertisement