Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to Kevo?

Options
  • 17-11-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone remember a young lad called Kevo? He was last seen on kids tv during the early 90's on RTE 2. Legend goes that he was found outside the doors of the main RTE building and was adopted by the kitchen staff. He was rised and taught by the staff and visitors of our beloved televison station and rose to fame by presenting a quiz game that involved a lot of velcro on Saturday mornings. After this he just went away.

So I put it to the inmates of After Hours, do you remember Kevo? If you do, can somebody please tell me what he is doing these days? I am not above admitting that this question has been bugging me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Dustin murdered him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gerry Ryan ate him years ago, he was in the canteen and mistook the kid for a fish finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Kevo was on ray darcys show last year sometime in some kind of where are they now slot. (so youre not the only one who was wondering about him:))

He was known as 'Kevo the knacker' according to himself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

locked up in the joy, got heavy into the gear - sad story really. his sister is a brazzer - works down canal banks near croke park, jenny is her name I thnk.

all this is actually true, I know the family well! whats left of them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I vaguely remember that guy. Was'nt he in a Playstation 1 ad when it first came out in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Kevo was bleed'n rapeh. Someone else can find the Gathering cards, I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

He used to live down the road from me. Dunno where he ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Jaeger 90 wrote: »
    locked up in the joy, got heavy into the gear - sad story really. his sister is a brazzer - works down canal banks near croke park, jenny is her name I thnk.

Really?? that's awful. When I began reading your post I thought you were making it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Kevin O'Connell:

kevo.sflb

Remember Kevin O' Connell? You might know him better as Kevo or some might remember him as “that little b****%”!

Kevo started his career at the age of 12 on Jo Maxi and then went on to do Late Late Toy Shows with Pat Kenny, Scratch Saturday, and a regular rant in front of a wall at Windmill Lane on ‘The Grip’ with Ryle Nugent.

We managed to track him down – now 31, he is an assistant producer in the RTE sports dept!

Found this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaeger 90

Really?? that's awful. When I began reading your post I thought you were making it up!

ye he was in trouble for a few things I think, not just drugs - I dont think much was in the media just local rags, I suppose rte wanted to distance themselves from it - plus he wasnt massive famous either I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Dord wrote: »
    Found this...
    he looks like a junkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Voltex wrote: »
    he looks like a junkie

Ah sure he can probably afford it with the wages at RTE! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Voltex wrote: »
    he looks like a junkie

Ah come on, Ray D'Arcy doesn't look that bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Found this...

Thats him alright, look at the head on him, hasnt changed a bit. Doesnt look like much of a junkie though...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

MrEko wrote: »
    Thats him alright, look at the head on him, hasnt changed a bit. Doesnt look like much of a junkie though...

he does look like his sister though...oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Well this guy obviousley did his research

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Jaysus yeah. I remember this dude. He had some Saturday morning gameshow where he had this big 7ft tall spinning box. One side of it had crooks for throwin rings at, the other side had a hole for throwin frisbees into. He'd then go over and stick his arm in the hole and pull out each frisbee, sometimes buildin the tension by pretendin there was no more in there, before pullin out another one!

He was a case that fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Jaeger 90 wrote: »

Hows he managing to produce sports for RTE from his prison cell then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Agricola wrote: »
    Jaysus yeah. I remember this dude. He had some Saturday morning gameshow where he had this big 7ft tall spinning box. One side of it had crooks for throwin rings at, the other side had a hole for throwin frisbees into. He'd then go over and stick his arm in the hole and pull out each frisbee, sometimes buildin the tension by pretendin there was no more in there, before pullin out another one!

physiquiz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Haha, no way!!!! always wondered where he ended up, what a character! that game show on the saturday morning was great!
    there must be a youtube clip out there somewhere....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

physiquiz

got there before me, did that show have the iotas with mary kingston or was that another one? and the guy from bull island was in physiquiz

kevo used to review the books on the toy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

His name was Kevo...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was hard to understand what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Agricola wrote: »

physiquiz

I was meant to go on that show but had to go on family holiday to Holland. I was gutted! :(

I think he went to Blanchardstown IT at some stage as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

did that show have the iotas with mary kingston or was that another one?

"Are ya laughin'?"

"I'M LAUGHIN'" (*Thumbs Up*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sarky wrote: »
    Kevo was bleed'n rapeh. Someone else can find the Gathering cards, I'm lazy.

http://www.boards.ie/gathering/kevomagic.jpg
    Ollchailin wrote: »
    "Are ya laughin'?"

"I'M LAUGHIN'" (*Thumbs Up*)

The Works. A friend of mine was on it learning about lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/gathering/kevomagic.jpg

The Works
    . A friend of mine was on it learning about lorries.

A lad i know was on it aswell learning about cooking, gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

crushproof wrote: »
    there must be a youtube clip out there somewhere....

On Youtube maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Jesus from that Today Fm photo it looks like he's even smaller than Ray Darcy. Now that's small! :eek:

Advertisement