Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankrupt developer's wife awarded €9000 per month living expenses

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

thebaz wrote: »
    instead of compensating the residents of Priory Hall , which I'm sure once again the taxpayers will have to do -

The owners of Priory Hall already have been compensated by the ever generous rates paying businesses of Dublin city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

sabat wrote: »
    The owners of Priory Hall already have been compensated by the ever generous rates paying businesses of Dublin city.

Only just over €3.5million*
    http://www.herald.ie/news/council-forks-out-35m-on-priory-hall-site-29732442.html

249 residents, sure that wouldn't keep them a month and a half at her rates

*total spent by council, not amount owners were compensated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sturdyhairy

It's easy to judge but we don't have to live her life.

I agree with you then. Its quite hard to react negatively because we are not in her situation:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

they should pack her and her family of to one of those deluxe apartments in Priory Hall that her husband help build, and let them live ther , until ther financial affairs improve. But no , she MUST live in D4 , that Priory Hall location is not good eneogh , never mind the state of the appalling building itself - its nothing short of scadalous , and a prime example of our two tiered society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Montroseee wrote: »
    There is no information on what year that child is in. If they were in 6th year for example, moving schools and teachers etc. could have a negative impact on exam results. I would not bemoan those school fees tbh.

B0LL0X.

Its a fine example of white collar crime.

If the kid's old man was an armed robber, he'd be banged up and the CAB would repossess the house as the proceeds of crime and tough sh1t on anyone caught in between.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and planned it every step of the way, that makes it no different than a bank heist.
    It's time our country woke up to Fraud being a real fcuking crime and punishing these scheming thieving cnuts.

Entitlements my hole.
    What about all the farmers and teachers pensions that got mothballed to pay for the actions of this golden circle of b*stards, lucky they aren't in a shallow grave the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

B0LL0X.

If the kid's old man was an armed robber, he'd be banged up and the CAB would repossess the house as the proceeds of crime and tough sh1t on anyone caught in between.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and planned it every step of the way, that makes it no different than a bank heist.
    It's time our country woke up to Fraud being a real fcuking crime and punishing these scheming thieving cnuts.

Entitlements my hole.
    What about all the farmers and teachers pensions that god mothballed to pay for the actions of this golden circle of b*stards, lucky they aren't in a shallow grave the lot of them

That, folks, is one angry hippie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

B0LL0X.

Entitlements my hole.
    What about all the farmers and teachers pensions that got mothballed to pay for the actions of this golden circle of b*stards, lucky they aren't in a shallow grave the lot of them

Planned the economies and their own downfall did they? It's obvious corners were cut with Priory Hall but a judge has spoken and this is how our justice system works. They have lost their house, cars etc. and this 9k a month is only a temporary situation. Seemingly the rest of his assets are frozen atm. so as much of his debts will be recovered as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Planned the economies and their own downfall did they? It's obvious corners were cut with Priory Hall but a judge has spoken and this is how our justice system works. They have lost their house, cars etc. and this 9k a month is only a temporary situation. Seemingly the rest of his assets are frozen atm. so as much of his debts will be recovered as possible.

my heart bleeds for them did they give two ****s about the families that moved into that ****hole Priory Hall? nope. why should we give a **** about them not to mind paying for their live of luxury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

B0LL0X.

Entitlements my hole.

I agree with the gist of this post. Developers capture the zeitgeist. They are also chancers. Don't tell me that before the merde hit the air system he and his cohorts didn't get as much lucre as possible away from the epicentre. And if they didn't then they aren't fit to be called entrepreneurs! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

No, they planned to extract every cent they possibly could from a bunch crooks, knowing full well the system was going to crash, then they push on, play the poor-mouth hardship case in front of a judge that is terrified of being held liable for future damages if and when the fcukers end up on the street until such time as they have repaid their ill gotten gains.
    Granted the Crooks that fcuked the banking system should be first against the wall, but its back to the Ansbacher situation again, they entered into these arrangement with their eyes wide open, well aware that they were operating outside the laws and codes of practice, they got burned and now they should pay.
    She's marginally better than the mob that transfer assets into a spouse's name in order to spare themselves homelessness from the bankruptcy court, but deserve no more sympathy clemency or mercy than do any pickpocket, burglar, armed robber or thief.
    Isn't justice supposed to be blind ?
    Seems to have 20/20 vision in the D4 area.

I hope they all get whats coming to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

thebaz wrote: »
    absolutly disgusting - in this era of never ending austerity , caused by the likes of her husband and his cronies - just goes to show how deluded the judiciary are - meanwhile the HSE go around skrimping money so Ms Connolly can continue to live the high life she was so accustomed to , due to her husbands gambling pursuits - the gamble lost , so suffer like the rest of us , rather than state funded slush fund - pathetic pathetic pathetic

:pac::pac::pac:
    tell me, when does this never ending austerity actually begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

hfallada wrote: »
    She has gone from living in a large house on Ailesbury road(repossessed by NAMA) to a rented house somewhere else. She has lost everything because of the actions of her husband. Why should she and her children have to suffer by the actions of her husband? €9000 is a lot of money, but its probably spare change to what she was used to.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

hfallada wrote: »
    She has gone from living in a large house on Ailesbury road(repossessed by NAMA) to a rented house somewhere else. She has lost everything because of the actions of her husband. Why should she and her children have to suffer by the actions of her husband? €9000 is a lot of money, but its probably spare change to what she was used to.

Eh its called life. There's loads of things happen happen in families that mean circumstances have to change. Most people including children have to get on with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

an indefensible decision.

an insult to the tax payers of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Boombastic wrote: »
    So what does she actually do to earn this??

Well she plays golf, does that count?.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

If enough people complain on the internet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    And if it's found that the money is not hers? Does she pay back this little stipend?
    Eh, no. She'll be a bankrupt and the money will be irretrievable.

Heads they win, tails you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Is there any other country in the world (apart perhaps from our nearest neighbours) where someone who is bankrupt could get such a substantial ruling in their favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Gatling wrote: »
    So its ok for a family in say a council house who run into trouble with rent arrears to be evicted and having to move to a new area and there kids change schools

But its not OK for the well off

No cause that's a different issue which people are trying to say is the same, she claims the one million in the bank is hers, in your example there is no money.

Suppose in two years time or however long to go through the courts it is found the money was hers- would you be happy if she sued the state for millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This sh1t makes my blood boil.the gall of her to even consider putting in claims that large shows you the vast gulf in attitudes between the rich and poor.the rich expect better treatmemt,even when their ponzi schemes come tumbling down around them.why did I ever come back to this country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ace2007 wrote: »
    No cause that's a different issue which people are trying to say is the same, she claims the one million in the bank is hers, in your example there is no money.

Suppose in two years time or however long to go through the courts it is found the money was hers- would you be happy if she sued the state for millions?

Well a company is it's own legal entity,it's not a piggy bank that directors or employees of the company can dip their hand into whenever they want.if that that 1 mil is owned by the company and she thinks she has a claim to it well she should get to the back of the queue with all the other creditors that are owed by her and her husbands defunct business while it's being liquidated.

If she's found to not have a claim on the account will she pay back the 9 k a month that was taken in the interval period? She will in her hole! That judge should be ashamed of his f%&+ing life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Sad thing is if someone organised a protest or march against this type of sh1te people wouldn't bother turning up or would claim the people protesting should "get a job" or "have a wash" and yet those same people will come on here and complain. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Changing schools is a very big deal at that age. It may not seem like it is to adults but believe me it really is. I changed schools in 5th yr and it without doubt adversely affected my results. Thankfully the court seemed to understand this, the rest of the judgement I strongly oppose.

how can you say this ….. your results may have been the same without the move you cannot claim that because you moved that your results suffered.

a good student will get the results - a great student will get the results.

a student who will not pass exams - will not pass.

I moved in both 5th and 6th year and I don't blame the move for my results - my results are my responsibility - I knuckled down and ensured I got the best possible results, got myself into college and studied - obtained a diploma in analytical Chemistry - didn't want to continue on to degree level (even if it was only 12months more)

I get annoyed when people try to blame their environment and do not accept responsibility for themselves.

as regards the situation which the OP has posted about - for me 9K is too much, questions should be asked if she and the kids MUST maintain their lifestyle and if not, where do the changes come from …i.e.. do they need a car, do they need a 4-bed, or 3bed house in Dublin 4 etc.

Do they need to spend €800+ on a car per month - thats either a lot of driving or a non-efficient car, if they are doing a lot of driving questions should be raised as to the reasons - if the vehicle is required to bring the kids to school and back only then would it be cheaper to send them in a taxi, if the mum/dad are not working - is there a requirement for them to have a car as essential ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

But I suppose a child could be through college before any case and ruling comes through the courts in Ireland, so in theory not really fair to pluck the kids from college or school now.
    Is it fairer for the taxpayer to pick up the tab for an education that many couldn't afford for their own kids? These school fees are nonsense.

Yet again, the profits are private but the liabilities are public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Boombastic wrote: »
    So what does she actually do to earn this??

Shag Larry O’Mahony presumably?

Corkbah wrote: »
    how can you say this ….. your results may have been the same without the move you cannot claim that because you moved that your results suffered.

a good student will get the results - a great student will get the results.

a student who will not pass exams - will not pass.

I moved in both 5th and 6th year and I don't blame the move for my results - my results are my responsibility - I knuckled down and ensured I got the best possible results, got myself into college and studied - obtained a diploma in analytical Chemistry - didn't want to continue on to degree level (even if it was only 12months more)

I get annoyed when people try to blame their environment and do not accept responsibility for themselves.

as regards the situation which the OP has posted about - for me 9K is too much, questions should be asked if she and the kids MUST maintain their lifestyle and if not, where do the changes come from …i.e.. do they need a car, do they need a 4-bed, or 3bed house in Dublin 4 etc.

Do they need to spend €800+ on a car per month - thats either a lot of driving or a non-efficient car, if they are doing a lot of driving questions should be raised as to the reasons - if the vehicle is required to bring the kids to school and back only then would it be cheaper to send them in a taxi, if the mum/dad are not working - is there a requirement for them to have a car as essential ??

The law states that their lifestyles must be in line to what they had before, therefor if she was spending 10k a month before it is reasonable that the sane happens now- just cause you assume them to be guilty she could be in the right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

As it's been asked before, if in two years it shows the money was not hers, does she pay it back???

No Pants wrote: »
    Is it fairer for the taxpayer to pick up the tab for an education that many couldn't afford for their own kids? These school fees are nonsense.

Yet again, the profits are private but the liabilities are public.

The law is not about fairness, the price of the fees are irrelevant in theory, have you looked into the case to see where they money is coning from? It's not coming from the million that is frozen which she claims is hers

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    As it's been asked before, if in two years it shows the money was not hers, does she pay it back???

As had been answered by others - no we pick it up - but that's the law - the same one that applies to me and you only difference were not Rich to take advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

The law states that their lifestyles must be in line to what they had before, therefor if she was spending 10k a month before it is reasonable that the sane happens now- just cause you assume them to be guilty she could be in the right

but why does the law state that ?

in theory - if I started from nothing, made some contacts in the business world then I borrowed millions from the banks and created a lifestyle and eventually everything goes tits up … I'm entitled to live like a king compared to the rest of the country - despite being broke.

something not quite right in that law is there ?

Advertisement