Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stone Roses single this Friday?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can't get excited about this at all. It's not bad but it's in no way great. The lyrics are pretty crap and I can't get away from that really... it has a nice groove to it and I like Squire's guitar work but it just is too sonically like some of their previous output. It could really be an outtake or an unreleased track from either previous record.. hopefully better and more interesting things to come and they just decided to lead off with the 'catchy' pop song type number.... having said that things don't usually go well with bands reforming after all these years especially when it comes to new material... we shall see..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hmmmm, it sort of hit me the way the new Star Wars film did, it wasn't horrible, I actually liked it but something was off about it, and I can't really explain it.

Probably the crappiest review ever but there ya go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Beside of me, all over me
    Behind of me, right in front of me
    Inside of me, for I to see
    In harmony, all one family

:D

^^
    I should've elaborated. What I meant there, was that, that part of the song is great.
    In and around the second verse near the end onwards
    But the repetition at the start... Not so much.
    I've only been listening to it occasionally, having heard it roughly 4 or 5 times, as I didn't want to overplay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Pighead wrote: »
    Suede laugh in the face of your assertion.
    As for the Stone Roses tune, yeah not really doing much for me. If a new band came along and released it as their debut single I doubt many people would give it much attention.
    Yeah, anyone saying this is a great song or anywhere near the Stone Roses' at their best is basing that assertion purely on reputation and past productions. It's a nothing song. And you're quite right in your assertion.

As for Suede, they may laugh in the face of that assertion, but they will never come close to producing something like the Roses' eponomyous album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Canadel wrote: »
    Yeah, anyone saying this is a great song or anywhere near the Stone Roses' at their best is basing that assertion purely on reputation and past productions. It's a nothing song. And you're quite right in your assertion.

As for Suede, they may laugh in the face of that assertion, but they will never come close to producing something like the Roses' eponomyous album.
    It's all opinions but for me Dog Man Star is a much better album than the Roses debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

It's all opinions but for me Dog Man Star is a much better album than the Roses debut.
    Fair enough, it's subjective. Though I'd argue the Roses debut has received wider critical acclaim and has had a larger cultural and musical impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Suede laugh in the face of your assertion.
    As for the Stone Roses tune, yeah not really doing much for me. If a new band came along and released it as their debut single I doubt many people would give it much attention.

Come on, Bloodsports wasnt much to write home about was it? Night Thoughts is a different story however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I like it a lot! Waaay better than the first single imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Very baggy...very good. I think its a great tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Great track. I liked All For One and I think this tune helps put it into perspective even more.

Advertisement