Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus Marshmallow images are now up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Thanks Corkie! I've just removed the Android SDK and installed just ADB and FASTBOOT as per your link.
    :rolleyes: I'll know next time anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone with nexus 7 get marshmallow update OTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Nothing yet on my Nexus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

boo no update for the nexus 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭corkie

irishgeo wrote: »
    boo no update for the nexus 10.

For anyone who wants to try it out there are AOSP Marshmallow ROM's available for 4, 7('12) and 10!

+ You will probably need to source working Marshmallow GAPPS from xda thread's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are they just normal flashable zips? I'd seen one previously for the Nexus 4 but it was an awful rigmarole to install it. Once I see the words kernel and binary I switch off.

Edit: yeah, they're the ones.

They do provide links to compiled roms at the end that You can flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Patww79 wrote: »
    Might give it a go on the 4. I won't do the 2012 7 as I found a ROM recently that has made it faster than when I had it new on stock Jellybean.

Which ROM on the N7 did you go for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I've been using my nexus 9 with marshmallow for the last few days. Did a reset after upgrade. All the redrawing and reloading is quite annoying.

Anyone else with a nexus 9 finding this?

My note 4 is a lot smoother to use.

• Advertisement

symbolic wrote: »
    I've been using my nexus 9 with marshmallow for the last few days. Did a reset after upgrade. All the redrawing and reloading is quite annoying.

Anyone else with a nexus 9 finding this?

My note 4 is a lot smoother to use.

You could try turning off the 3 animation options under drawing in developer options?

Getting impatient waiting on this OTA update from google. Anyone got marshmallow update in last few days

Android 6.0 November Security Update images are out

6.0.0 (MRA58N) for Nexus 9, don't know what other devices are getting it!

The version you want depends on your device. Look for MDB08M for the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P. MRA58N goes out to both the Wi-Fi and LTE versions of the Nexus 9, along with the Nexus 5. The Wi-Fi 2013 Nexus 7 gets MRA58V. Even the Nexus Player gets some love, with version MRA58N. Edit: We're still waiting on factory images for the Nexus 6 and the 2013 Nexus 7 LTE.

MRA58V has appeared for the 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, as has LMY48X for the Nexus 6. The latter offers Android 5.1.1, not 6.0.

Google Rolls Out Nexus November Security OTA Updates, Makes Factory Images Available For Download

Just got the marshmallow OTA update to my nexus 2013. Installing now, hoping for improved battery life after this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

irishchris wrote: »
    Just got the marshmallow OTA update to my nexus 2013. Installing now, hoping for improved battery life after this
    Same

6.0.1 Images now available!

Factory images for the Android 6.0.1 update containing the new emoji are now available for a variety of Nexus phones and tablets. The update is now available for the following devices:

Nexus 6P
    Nexus 5X
    Nexus 6
    Nexus 5
    Nexus Player
    Nexus 9
    Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote from here
    The new software arrives as build MMB29K for the majority of the devices listed, except for the Nexus 6P and Player, which now reside at build MMB29M.

Quote from here

I successfully update my Nexus 9 and flashed ElementalX Kernel and Systemless SuperSU v2.61

Note: Both the ElemetalX Kernel and SuperSU v2.61 will patch the boot image, so no need for modified boot images on 6.0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

200 new emoji's eh? I can hardly contain my excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Nexus 9 updated to Android 6.0.1 OTA just now....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Got it last night OTA on my Nexus 5. You can now activate the camera with a double tap on the power button which is cool.

The only other thing I noticed is that now when I charge it on my (official Google) Qi wireless charger, it displays "Charging slowly" instead of just "Charging".

• Advertisement

January security update 6.0.1 (MMB29S) factory images now available!

6.0.1 (MMB29R) February - Factory Images now available.

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow builds are now available for the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) with build MMB29Q, while the Pixel C, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player are getting builds MXB48T, MMB29R and MMB29U, respectively. The Nexus 10 is also getting the February security patch with a LMY49G build of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.

Quote from here

February 2016 Nexus OTA Updates - Security Level 2016-02-01

Try Out Chainfire's app Flashfire, for easy updating by OTA/Factory Images.

If you have a completely stock system image, which hasn't been touched by a root file manager/TWRP.

Chainfire's Flashfire app should be able to apply the OTA even with a modified kernel, as it restores the stock boot and recovery images.
    Chainfire wrote:
    Chainfire wrote:

Keep your system untouched by using AdAway Systemless Host, Busy Box installed into /su/xbin/ using this app and only booted TWRP instead of flashing it.

Although Flashfire will restore stock recovery before flashing OTA's so twrp can be flashed as well now.

It also can be used to flash factory images, keeping data and re rooting.

March Security Update factory images now available.

Nexus Security Bulletin - March 2016

Factory Images link.
    LMY49H is the build number for the Nexus 10 update, which will remain cut off at Lollipop. Most of the other devices on the list are moving up to MMB29V, though a few other build numbers are available for special variants.

Nexus Factory Images For March Security Updates Are Now Available

A good time to try out FlashFire to flash the factory image (from previous post).

I'm waiting for the OTA to come available, to update Using FlashFire.

March 2016 Nexus OTA Updates - Security Level 2016-03-01

Nexus 9 (LTE) MMB29V from MMB29R
    Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) MMB29V from MMB29R

Got the links from here

Time to test Chainfire's FlashFire App.

Attention: They just removed the images for: Nexus Player, Nexus 9 wifi, Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi), not sure what's up

6.0.1 (MOB30D) - April Security Factory Images are up.

Nexus Security Bulletin—April 2016

Factory Image Volantis - 6.0.1 (MOB30D)

"volantisg" for Nexus 9 (LTE) - 6.0.1 (MMB29X)
    Nexus 6P and 5X are seeing Android 6.0.1, build “MHC19Q,” while the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 (LTE), Nexus 7 (2013, LTE), and Nexus 5 are getting “MMB29X.” The Nexus Player, Nexus 9 (WiFi), and Nexus 7 (2013, WiF) are getting “MOB30D.” In addition, the Nexus 10 is seeing Android 5.1.1 “LMY49J.”

Quote taken from here

Updating and Keeping root with FlashFire

Successfully used FlashFire to update my Nexus 9 with 6.0.1 (MOB30D) Factory Image.

Only flashed Boot, Vendor and System.

First Boot stalled at Black Screen

Manually rebooted and all was okay.

OTA Links

Will hopefully be able to edit this post with OTA links when they come available.

Which should hopefully be post here.

6.0.1 (MOB30D) - Is back up for Nexus 9 Wifi.

It has the same MD5 Checksum as last weeks version, so don't know why they where removed!

Also the image for Nexus Player and Nexus 7('13 Wifi) are also available.

Also the Nexus 9 LTE has a new MOB30D image as well.

April 2016 Nexus OTA Updates - Security Level 2016-04-02

Nexus 9 (LTE) MOB30D from MMB29V
    Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) MOB30D from MMB29V

OTA's from here.

Android Security Bulletin—May 2016

Google just posted factory images for May’s Android security update. Devices receiving the update so far include the Pixel C (MXC89F), Nexus 6P (MTC19T), Nexus 5X (MCT19T), Nexus 6 (MMB30G and MOB30I), Nexus Player (MOB30G), Nexus 9 WiFi and LTE (MOB30G), Nexus 5 (MOB30H), and Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi and LTE (MOB30J).
    Quote taken from here

Factory Images are now available.
    volantis 6.0.1 (MOB30G)

New site for OTA links. Created last month.

http://androidota.link/

Think it get's some of the links from here.

OTA Images for Nexus Devices.

Google last night made the above available.

Handy to sideload, if an OTA update corrupts your device. Or if you want to update with a locked bootloader.

These are Full Block Level OTA images and not patching OTA zips.

• Advertisement

Advertisement